Claims : This is your perfect brow pencil for soft, subtle, long-wearing definition in an instant. It glides on easily and leaves a natural powder-like finish. Where you go, your brow pencil should follow! The spoolie tip makes blending a breeze. Comes in three shades to complement every brow color.
Price : USD 22/ INR 1,350 approx
Available at Sephora
3 Shades : Light, Medium, Deep
My Experience with Benefit Instant Brow Pencil
Benefit is known for its brow products. Infact, they have a slogan called ‘ brows before bras’. 😀 You’d also find a lot of Sephoras have little Benefit Brow Bars where you could get your threading done etc. So I have always been intrigued to try their brow products. This is one of the 3 products I have from Benefit. Have reviewed High Brow HERE. 🙂
I absolutely love using brow pencils. I just find them convenient to carry around with me and so far I haven’t had any issues with the staying power. Plus most of these pencils come attached with a little spoolie. It’s like you can do your brows even on Mars. hihih
Benefit instant brow pencil is available in 3 shades- light, medium and deep. I loved the shade medium for my brows. It’s like that greyish brown that gives a super natural effect.
I have kind of love-hate relationship with this pencil. I’d start with the loves first.
- It’s a brow pencil so I absolutely find it convenient to use it.
- The shade is gorgeous greyish brown that creates the most natural looking effect.
- The spoolie attached at the end is of great quality and works fab in brushing out the product evenly and giving that natural look.
- The staying power of this pencil is just incredible. It stays until you remove it with a makeup remover.
- The pencil is super soft and goes on like a dream on the skin.
- The texture of the pencil is waxy so it gives the pencil a very long staying power. Plus, it keeps the hair in place ..much more compared to if you were to use just a powder product. It’s like a hybrid between a brow wax and a brow powder. Kinda perfect.
Now some not so good points :
- The texture of the pencil is waxy. So there are two issues with it. One if you are not careful about brushing the pencil with spoolie, you might just have a streaky looking brows. Two, since the pencil is so waxy, it gets blunt with just two time usage. So you have to sharpen it every time you use it. Another issue is that since you sharpen it so much, you would end up finishing it way too quickly.
I’d enjoy using it till it lasts and it would last very less time unfortunately. So I wouldn’t say that its a bad product. I think it’s a fantastic product because I have not come across a brow pencil that is kind of a perfection in terms of incredibly long staying power and keeping brow hair in place. Just that this pencil has its cons and you should be aware of them. I might even repurchase this! 🙂
Rating : 4/5
Before and After (looks very natural)
Benefit High Brow Glow Pencil Review, Swatch, EOTD
Benefit Remove It Makeup Remover Review
Benefit They’re Real! Push-Up Liner Review
Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner Review
Benefit Cabana Glama Makeup Kit Review
Benefit Rockateur Blush Review
Benefit Finding Mr. Bright Kit Review
Benefit It’s Potent Eye Benefit Cream Review
Gucci Brunette 020 Precise Sculpting Brow Pencil Review, Swatch
Tom Ford Brow Sculptor Espresso Review, Swatch
Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector Review