WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today’s post is all about the kind of foundation you should look to invest in if you have an uneven skin tone. The problem of uneven skin tone is a very common one, because there are a large number of factors that can cause our skin tone to become uneven. For one, if you have dry and dehydrated skin, your skin tone will become uneven in terms of texture. While some parts may be soft and smooth, the other parts could be rough and flaky. Secondly, spots, blemishes and scars are other reasons why your skin tone looks uneven. Redness and inflammation can also result in an uneven skin tone.
To combat all of these facets of an uneven skin tone, you need a foundation that offers you great coverage, lasts long, does not dry your skin out, and goes on smoothly over your dry patches without accentuating them. In addition to that, it should add a natural glow to your skin and should be an exact colour match for it. I have compiled a list of the best foundations (top 6) that you could look to invest in if you have an uneven skin tone. Let’s take a look at which ones these are.
1. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation: This is a time-tested cult classic among foundations. With excellent coverage and the ability to photograph beautifully, this foundation comes in 40 shades, which means that you are sure to find your perfect shade here. It evens out your skin tone, hydrates your skin and lasts through the day.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: If you want a foundation that feels extremely lightweight yet gives you a decent amount of skin-like coverage, then this foundation should be your go-to. It contains light-diffusing properties and looks very flattering on the skin, while evening it out completely.
3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: A drugstore classic, this one is a favourite of many beauty gurus. It offers high coverage, lasts long and evens out your skin while adding a gorgeous natural luminance to the skin. The best part about it is that it is super affordable. One downside is that the shade range is not very impressive. If you find your perfect match, consider yourself lucky!
4. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: If you have at all been acquainted with the world of beauty, then you will know that this one is considered the superstar among all foundations. This foundation offers high coverage with a luminous, silk-like finish. It is truly unmatched for its quality, coverage and finish. If you’re not on a budget, then this product is a must-have.
5. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation with SPF 15: If you’re not a fan of a very high coverage in foundations, then this one is your best bet. It is lightweight and offers minimal coverage while still having the ability to perfect and even out your skin tone. It can also only be applied to the uneven bits of your skin to even everything out.
6. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation: Cushion foundations are all the rage in the world of beauty these days. Contrary to popular belief, cushion foundations deliver a whole lot of coverage onto the skin, while still feeling very lightweight and lasting for several hours. They’re also very easy to carry around and re-apply, and this one from Lancôme is a true winner in every way.
The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion Long-Lasting Moist Cover Foundation
Maybelline Super BB Cushion SPF 29/PA+++
L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Cushion Buildable Luminous Foundation
The Face Shop CC Intense Cover Cushion
How to Treat Uneven Skin Tone
Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skin Tone Illuminator