Finally, it’s weekend; time to spare some time for clicking and writing for IMBB. I have always owned smaller and compact brush sets and this time, wanted to lay my hands on something more descriptive with more specific brushes. I picked up BH Cosmetics 15 Piece Wild Purple Brush Set for it had 15 brushes for complexion and eyes, was reasonably priced and I loved the purple theme. Let’s see how good it proved to be.
Brush Set Description:
This 15-Piece Makeup Brush Set has all of the makeup brushes you need to help you get ready for anything! The brush set includes various brushes for the eyes, face and lips that are made out of synthetic and natural hairs. They also come in a faux leather case that neatly rolls up and ties.
Brush set includes:
Brush Set includes the following:
Skinny Fan Brush, Powder Brush, Highlighter Brush, Angled Blush Brush, Smudge Brush, Angled Blending Brush, Blending Brush, Flat Eyeshadow Brush, Small Flat Eyeshadow Brush, Lip and Concealer Brush, Angled Eyeliner Brush, Precision Eyeliner Brush, Dual-Sided Brow Brush and Lash Comb, Eyeshadow Sponge Brush, Spoolie Brush.
$23.95 including all sorts of taxes and shipping costs.
My Experience with BH Cosmetics 15 Piece Wild Purple Brush Set:
The Case: The brush set case is made up of faux leather and smells wow; seriously just like a new pair of leather shoes 😛 It is around 8 inch by 3.5 inch in size when rolled up (rolls in four folds actually) and hardly an inch in thickness; it closes with ties. I would have preferred a magnetic button over the strings, but let’s settle with this design 😛 It isn’t compact but can be carried around, especially when all the brushes come properly plastic wrapped and the face brushes come with hard plastic protective covers for bristles. Inside you can see an extra net pocket with zipper to keep in any additional brushes or stuff ;). Since I also picked up the Complexion Brush and the Eyeshadow Blending brush from BH Cosmetics, this will serve the best place for those babies. Let me add here, the Complexion Brush is amazing! It’s a total all rounder and the best aid for highlighter application.
The handles and bristles: Now, let’s talk generally about the handles and bristles of all brushes. The handles are superb; long, wooden, lightweight and eggplant purple, with metallic black portions to hold the bristles tightly. The metal properly adheres to the wooden handle. You will find the silver logo and imprint of the company on every brush, but I hate the part that brush labels, name or anything such that guides you to the brush usage is missing. Like you have 15 brushes; some of them are nearly identical! There should have been some additional info on the handles. Anyway, you have to compromise for that girls. The bristles are claimed to be made of synthetic and natural hair, both (I wonder how). But honestly, they are the silkiest soft I have ever come across and work wonderfully. They don’t shed at all. Let’s have a look at the brushes individually. Let me explain that I couldn’t get a collective click of all the 15 brushes as the day I snapped them, it was a lot windy and whenever I tried to arrange them for a snap, the wind rolled over the brushes, failing my efforts.
1. Powder Brush: The powder brush bristles are aligned in round arrangement. It is dense but I expected a bit more of bristles. However, it works fine for powder application and blending and can be additionally used to give a final buffing to blushers.
2. Highlighter Brush: What they call a highlighter brush actually seems to me a rounded blush brush and it works best that way. It can better be utilized for blushes as it’s far denser than a highlighting brush.
3. Angled Blush Brush: This one is disappointing for a blush brush; the bristles should have been clearly designed in a denser pattern for a good blush application; this one isn’t my type at all. I better keep it for contouring my cheek hollows.
4. Fan Brush: This one is my first fan brush and just perfect, adorable and no complaints at all.
5. Dual Sided Brow and Lash Brush: This includes a brow brush and a lash comb and works fine.
6. Angled Blending Brush: This one is a new thing for me; an angled blending brush. I found it equally workable for eyeshadow blending and highlighter blending.
7. Blending Brush: One of its best in the case, eyeshadow blending brush is a good one.
8. Flat Eyeshadow Brush: I love this one! Wider and denser than the usual eyeshadow brushes, it makes the application easy and flawless with lesser strokes.
9. Smudge Brush: This one looks like a cute and small version of flat eyeshadow brush with multiple usages for smudging and eyeshadow application on narrow areas.
10. Small, Flat Eyeshadow Brush: Now, this is confusing to recognize among all small eye brushes but once you do, you will be happy to see that it is very useful and does its job efficiently.
11. Eye Sponge Brush: This is a regular eyeshadow sponge applicator and I actually use it for smudging or when I intend to use wet eyeshadow.
12. Eyeliner Brush: Eyeliner Brush looks really great but I am really bad at eyeliners and stay limited to felt tips; so I haven’t used it ever.
13. Spoolie: Mascara carries its own wand, so I wonder why cosmetic companies add spoolie to brush sets. I would have rather preferred and additional doe-foot applicator for lip glosses :P.
14. Lip brush: It is a soft and flexible brush; I would have rather preferred it a bit stiff and wider as I like angled brushes to outline my lips without using a lip liner. But this one still works.
15. Skinny Eyeliner Brush: I have never got a chance to use it either; Skinny Eyeliner Brush looks the same as other thin eyeliner brushes do and carries a cap which has actually reshaped its bristles.
Pros of BH Cosmetics 15 Piece Wild Purple Brush Set:
- Not a mini but travel friendly and comprehensive brush set.
- Silky and soft bristles, no shedding of even single bristle.
- All essential brushes give a perfect make-up look.
Cons of BH Cosmetics 15 Piece Wild Purple Brush Set:
- Wish they had labelled the brushes!
Would I Recommend BH Cosmetics 15 Piece Wild Purple Brush Set?
There is no point in repurchasing this brush set as it’s going to last for years; in fact they are coming up with newer sets and I am eyeing them. I definitely recommend this brush set.
Bh Cosmetics Brushes
Bh Cosmetics 88 Colors Cool Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
BH Cosmetics Foundation Primer
BH Cosmetics 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette
BH Cosmetics 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette-1st Edition
Wet n Wild Fergie On Edge Longwearing Eye Pencil Ex-Stacey
Wet n Wild Petal Pusher Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette
Faces Go Chic Lipstick in Purple Blaze
Korres Cherry Lip Gloss – Natural Purple
Real Techniques On Location Mini Brush Trio
Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques Setting Brush
Real Techniques Starter Kit
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes
Real Techniques Powder Brush by Samantha Chapman
VLCC Groome Mini Retractable Lip Brush