WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Biotique Cucumber Water Toner :
If you have a problematic skin, specifically oily skin then definitely you should include a toner in your daily skin care regime. Oily skin gives you soft skin however there are downside to it as well. For me, I don’t like the appearance it gives to my face. I despise the shiny texture & the blemishes it causes in general. Also not to forget the random appearance of pimples.. Recently when I got a chance to visit the Biotique counter, the Cucumber water toner was the only product I picked. Seeing cucumber as the main ingredient gave me some hope about the chance of minimizing the oily skin problems. I have been looking for toner which has cucumber extract and finally I got one.
What Biotique Claims About the Cucumber Water Toner:
Biotique’s Cucumber Water toner is a very effective cooling antiseptic freshener containing extracts of Coriander, Nutgalls, Cucumber and Berberry. Especially formulated to soothe skin, it also contains Peppermint Oil that helps tighten pores after cleansing.
Berberis Aristata Ext. (Daruhaldi Kwath) 0.1%
Coriandrum Sativum Ext. (Dhania Kwath) 2%
Quercus Infectoria Ext. (Majuphal Kwath) 2%
Mentha Arvensis Oil (Peppermint Tail) 0.85%
Cucumis Sativus Water (Kheera Jal) Q.S.
To Use: After cleansing, moisten a cotton pad with toner. Apply smoothly over face and neck. Follow with Moisturizer.
Suitable for all skin types, especially oily & acne prone.
Price: It is priced at 149/- for 120 ml.
Packaging: It comes in a well sealed cardboard cartoon. The bottle inside is made up of translucent plastic see through material so I can easily see how much amount I have used and when I have to buy the next. The cap is in green plastic.
Texture: The product is fully transparent, water like and is in lime color. It has a sweet & subtle lemony smell, unlike other ones which have a sticky, annoying scent. To describe it, it’s like nimbu pani type, I sometime have a urge to taste the toner.
My Experience with Biotique Cucumber Water Toner:
I like this toner mainly because it is natural based. It is extracted from all the natural herbs which looks very exotic. It is alcohol-free and I did not experience any jarring effects on my skin . However when I first use the Cucumber water, I felt a slight cooling/ stinging sensation initially. But, the feeling subsided after about 1-2seconds. I guess the stinging sensation is sort of “repairing” my oily skin, and to tighten my 24 hour active oil secreting pores. It does not feel like astringent, not harsh to my eyes also. When you apply an ordinary low-based astringent or other toners which claims they are alcohol-free even if they are not, it gives you a painful reaction to your eyes. I am glad that this one does not cause my eyes harshness. But the most important thing about this toner is its ability to control oily skin and further prevent it. We all know that cucumber minimizes the production of oil in skin which in turn eliminates the oil eventually.
It has the ability to maintain oil-free face too which is great. Also I can see fine dirt and grime on the cotton I used. It’s really effective in cleaning the face thoroughly which in turn prevent skin problems.
Pros of Biotique Cucumber Water Toner:
· The greatness of cucumber offers soothing effect on the skin.
· It is definitely skin clearing. It makes my skin appear clean and soft and free from any blemishes, but not 100%. Although it serve a great extent to what it claims.
· It supposedly helps to reduce oil which clogs the pores and therefore helps to reduce the oiliness on the surface of the skin. Even three hours after washing my face & applying the toner, I notice that my face is still shine-free and my nose is less oily than before.
· Another good thing about this toner is it is made from natural ingredients and there were no harmful elements in the product
· It is alcohol free.
· The best part is the smell is not too strong & it doesn’t irritate my nose.
· All throughout the day my skin is less oily and more tolerable.
· The price I paid for this one is 149, which is good because it is not expensive but it does what it claims.
· I am acne-prone, but thank goodness it does not cause me to break out.
· Boutique, does not conduct cruel tests on animals.
Cons of Biotique Cucumber Water Toner:
· I just wish it came with a flip off opening.
· I couldn’t recall any more.
Because of the quality, price and results I got, it is a good oil toner. I would recommend it to all oily skin ladies out here.
IMMB Rating: 4/5
Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream
Biotique Coconut Milk Cream
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner
Amway Attitude Face Wash, Toner and Sunscreen