By Lakshmi S.
My recent addiction to MAC lipsticks and love for cocoa butter lead me to the body shop cocoa butter lip care stick. A lipstick accentuates chapped lips as opposed to other make up products like concealer which cover blemishes. Hence my relationship with this cocoa butter lip care stick began. I have suffered with chapped lips and hated wearing lipsticks. Now every morning I wake to soft lips and application of lipstick is even and easy. !
This has become HG lip balm!
It leaves lips softened and moisturized.
Rs.300 For 4.2g
Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (Emollient/Hair Conditioner), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax) (Stabiliser), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Aroma (Flavour), Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil) (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Chamomilla recutita (Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract) (Natural Additive), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate (Flavour), Calendula officinalis (Calendula Extract) (Natural Additive), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
• Hydrogenated coconut oil – heal and protect the lips
• Olive oil – deeply moisturizes and absorbs into the lips
• Cocoa butter – contains vitamins A, C and E which are antioxidants. Helps lock in the moisture
• Sweet almond oil – Rich in vitamin E and treats chapped lips.
• Beeswax – Coats lips with moisture to help combat dryness and chapping. Also provides with antibacterial protection and will help maintain the natural softness and suppleness of your lips.
Pros of The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick:
- • True to its name it cares for the lip and helps repair chapped lips.
- • Its moisturizes the lips and helps keep them kissably soft
- • Locks in moisture for hours
- • The lip balm is not too shiny or buttery and does not leave a white residue when applied. Hence it is ideal for standalone application or can be worn underneath lipsticks.
- • Will help even matte lipsticks last long by proving moisture.
- • It is ideal for all age groups and also for both men and women since it is colorless.
- • A portion of all product applied on the lips ends up being digested. It is safe.
- • It smells of unsweetened cocoa powder. ( I love baking and to me it smells like the Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder)
- • Hygienic since it’s a stick and you don’t have to stick your fingers to pick up the product as done in the pot form.
- • Last for a long time.
- • Can be used for exfoliation.
- • It is not tested on animals. Body shop is against animal testing!!
- Its color less
Cons of The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick:
• Little pricey for a lip care stick (but its body shop and cocoa powder. Hence justified)
• Those sensitive to the smell of cocoa powder and prefer the chocolate smell may not enjoy the way the lip care stick smells.
• Does not contain SPF.
How to exfoliate using the cocoa butter lip care stick:
Apply two to three swatches of the lip care stick on the chapped lips and leave it to absorb for 4 to 5 minutes. Then slightly wet your lip with water and use either a tooth brush or a rough towel to scrub away the dead cells. Reapply after exfoliation. Do this before bedtime and wake up to soft moisturized lips.
I have fallen in love with this lip balm and totally recommend it.
I would rate this product 5 out of 5 in spite of the cons listed above. Those cons can be overlooked when this product is so amazing!!!
The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum
The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil
The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
he Body Shop Cocoa Butter Hand and Body Lotion Review
Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks-Review
Vaseline Lip Care Review
BVLGARI Lip Balm
EOS Lip Balm Lemon Drop, Summer Fruit
Lotus Herbals Lip Balm – Strawberry
LipIce Sheer Color Strawberry Lip Balm
Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
L’Oreal Color Riche Lipstick Plum Passion
Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss in Passion Berry