Who doesn’t love the silky smooth hair-free skin that you get after waxing? But we all know that waxing comes with its share of pain while the hair is removed and at times, even after the treatment is done. Bacterial infections, ingrown hair, rashes, itching, scarring and redness are some of those unwanted problems that waxing could give you! I have myself been a victim to rashes so many times and of course, how can I forget to mention the burning sensation! At the same time, waxing seemed to be a beauty necessity and I just couldn’t afford to do away with it. Naturally, I was keen on finding out some of the basic waxing after care regimen. Trust me, a little bit of knowledge on how to care for your skin after waxing and going that extra mile to do what you know, help a lot to keep the waxing woes at bay! In this article, I would like to share some of the easiest waxing after care tips.
Waxing Aftercare Tips:
Once the waxing session is over, you need to be careful about the way you treat your skin. Your skin is in sensitive state and thus, here are some of the do’s and don’ts that you should follow:
Waxing aftercare: Do’s
- Eliminate every trace of excess wax from your skin by using some cool water.
- Treat your skin with ice or ice-cold water, soaked in a sponge puff. (If your skin is prone to rash, make sure that you keep some ice readily available. Ice reduces the chances of getting rashes. Massage a cube directly on the waxed skin and it feels great. If you cannot bear the cold that ice has to offer, let the ice melt on a spongy puff and compress your skin with it. I find this tip very effective and I have stopped getting rashes and inflammation ever since I started using it).
- Massage your skin with a gentle, good-quality moisturizing lotion to avoid dryness.
- You may use hydrocortisone creams but under expert guidance.
- Apply freshly acquired aloe vera gel, everyday for a week.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil, mixed with water.
- Start exfoliating your skin after 2 or 3 days.
Waxing Aftercare: Don’ts
- Expose your skin to the rays of the sun just after waxing (you should wait at least for 24 hours. It will be good if you could extend the time to 48 hours).
- Use harsh soaps while cleansing your skin.
- Use deodorants and body sprays immediately on freshly waxed skin.
- Use public swimming pools and chlorinated water for a few days.
You get certain brands that come with specialized products for waxing aftercare. You may like to check out if such products work for you. However, make sure that you go for reputed brands only and you also check out expert guidance and customer reviews before you invest in such a product. The most popular products come under the following categories:
- Soothing lotions and gels: There are brands that offer you gels and lotions that soothe your irritated skin and protect your skin from the attack of rashes and inflammations.
- Creams to reduce growth of hair: Waxing is a special beauty treatment that is availed by those who want to get rid of unwanted hair on body. Some brands offer you creams which when applied daily after waxing, help to make the waxing procedure more effective by retarding the growth of hair on your body.
P.S.: This article is based completely on personal experiences and ideas.
How to Remove Scars After Waxing
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
How To Reduce Pain During Waxing
Guide to Waxing
How To Wax Your Legs
Sleek Wax Pack with Aloe Vera: Facial Hair Remover
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
Sleek Cold Wax
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry