Hello. This is my first post on IMBB and it’s about Cetaphil Skin Cleanser. I think it is important to know where the info is coming from so before you read this post, some important things- I am 21 years old. I have normal to oily skin which is prone to breakouts. Although recently this has reduced, my breakouts are now only 2-3 pimples every month or so. When I was a teen my skin looked like a battlefield. Oh the horror! I live in Mumbai and I have to take extra care to protect my skin from the Mumbai pollution and humidity, although currently I am overseas and believe me I can see the difference geography makes to the condition of my skin – Go figure :S
How I Ended up With Cetaphil Skin Cleanser
I came home to Mumbai for vacation to find my bathroom filled with bottles of Cetaphil Skin Cleanser. Seriously, I began to wonder who had nicked all the face wash from the house. Mom told me that everyone at her shoot was using this as part of their make up removal regime and that I should give it a go. Up until then I was pretty much into anti-acne face washes from Neutrogena to Garnier, I’ve been there and done that. Now the packaging to be honest is quite ugly, it looks very medical. No frills here. It really did not endear me to the product at all. However my mother is an actress, make-up advice is much revered when it comes from her and her make-up artist so I figured I had nothing to lose….
What Cetaphil Skin Cleanser Claims
Originally developed by dermatologists especially for sensitive skin, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a soap substitute that preserves your skin’s natural protective oils. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser softens your skin as it gently cleanses. Independent clinical tests using Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser undiluted has shown it to be one of the gentlest non-soap cleansers. Its special formulation won’t sting your eyes and can remove light make-up without clogging pores. Developed to be used with or without water, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is pH balanced and lanolin and fragrance free. Suitable for: All skin types, infants, eczema, acne, rosacea & psoriasis.
How to Use:
- Step 1. Remove your makeup with your normal make up remover (Do not wash your face). Mom swears by Johnson’s baby oil, Personally I am all for coconut oil or Vaseline, but whatever works for you.
- Step 2. Apply Cetaphil and wipe off with cotton or a wet wash cloth, or wash off with water. Alternately – you can use Cetaphil just like you would use your regular face wash.
What Cetaphil Skin Cleanser Does:
- It leaves skin squeaky clean.
- Doesn’t give you that dry, stretched feeling post washing.
- Since it retains your skin’s ph balance, no need for toner unless it’s the astringent kind.
- Its very gentle and great for skin with acne or sensitive skin.
- It won’t cause your skin to break out or react.
- People with dry skin will love this product as skin will not flake or get dry with this.
- It also removes traces of make up, even waterproof make up! 😀
What the product does not do:
- It does not actually stop you from getting acne, nor will it control the oiliness of your skin… so no salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide to bust those zits.
- It has a slight chemical-ish smell, so no yummy fragrance here . 🙁 Great for the skin bad for my olfactory senses.
- It’s great for anyone with dry or sensitive skin.
- For anyone with oily skin – use at night before moisturizing and as part of your make up removal routine.
- I love this product personally, I use it every night and more than what it does, Cetaphil is great because of what it doesn’t do. And if its good enough for a baby’s skin its good enough for mine 😀
Will I repurchase?
- I’ve run through 3 bottles already and that’s this year alone.
- The product is available in most chemists and pharmacies in India and it retails for approximately INR 110 for a 120 ml bottle.
Please feel free to share your experiences with this product, I would love to know how it works on different skin types etc …..
Have you used Cetaphil Skin Cleanser? Please rate in the box below.
Clinique Comforting Cream Cleanser
Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser
Oriflame Optimals White Foaming Cleanser
Avon Clearskin Foaming Cream Cleanser
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind
Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser