My skin is predominantly oily and acne prone. But for the first time in life, it got really dry, this winter. Initially, I was overjoyed as I always sighed when I saw thick creams / intense moisturizers / creamy cleansers which I could never use with my otherwise oily skin. So I started using this ponds face wash I had (which claimed it was good for dry skin). However, my skin still felt dry and when I would moisturize heavily, it broke me out. The entire excitement of having dry skin vanished in thin air as my skin became horrible, flaky and rough. . 🙁
Just around two weeks back, I consulted the CLINIQUE skin experts at their counter and they analyzed my skin and suggested this CLINIQUE Comforting Cream Cleanser. I bought it without second thoughts, as my experience with Clinique products has been good till date.
The bottle is typically Clinique, it is a white tube with a green lid at the bottom and in block capitals ‘Clinique’ at the top and ‘comforting cream cleanser’ in smaller writing beneath this. The packaging is very simple yet looks good quality like all the Clinique products. The creamy cleanser is white/cream in color, quite rich and spreads well on the skin. The cleanser is quite thick and rich in consistency, looks and feels more like a moisturizing cream .
From the official clinique site
Extra-gentle, creamy-rich cleanser is perfect for dry, delicate or sensitive skins. Whipped to perfection so it glides easily over skin, melting makeup and impurities. Leaves your complexion clean, smooth, moist. Massage on, tissue or rinse off.
Skin Types: 1 – Very Dry to Dry, 2 – Dry Combination
Price – Around Rs. 1, 100
How do I use it and my experience with the cleanser?
I wet my face with water before massaging a small amount of the cleanser into my skin. It doesn’t foam up but I still spend a few minutes massaging it in, the same way I would massage in moisturizer. You really only need to use a little bit as it is really concentrated and spreads really well over the skin. Whilst massaging it in I have found my skin does literally feel soothed, therefore the claim that it is ‘comforting’ is definitely true. It rinses off easily and leaves my skin feeling very clean, smooth and soft and not dry at all. It doesn’t irritate skin and my dry patches felt soothed. However, I notice that if you take more than the required quantity, It will makes my face extremely greasy , so I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone with oily/combination skin. .It leaves my skin feeling so smooth and moisturized, like I had already put moisturizer on. I did still use moisturizer afterwards but I would have been happy not to as my skin didn’t feel dry at all like it normally would after cleansing. Within 1 week my dry skin problem was sorted. Now I use it just as my night time cleanser as that is the right time to give your skin that extra doze of moisture
Despite the product being fragrance free(common Clinique feature), it still has a faint , mediciny and clean scent. Probably, no ingredient was added to give the cleanser a scent but all the ingredients used in cosmetics and personal care products have their own smells, so that’s what the smell is about .
What I liked about this CLINIQUE Comforting Cream Cleanser
- My dry skin problem was sorted within a week.
- Every time I use it, it leaves my skin feeling very soft
- Has a soothing effect on the skin .
- It also removes makeup well.
- The cleanser is fragrance-free and allergy tested so; suitable for sensitive skin
- The tube type packaging is convenient and easy to carry .
What I didn’t like about CLINIQUE Comforting Cream Cleanser
- Makes skin a bit greasy if you take more than the required quantity .
- Absolutely Not for oily skinned beauties. Even I will have to finish this off by March.
- The price is a bit too much as compared to other cleansers. (But again, it’s a clinique product so it has to be a bit expensive)
Will I buy it again?
I may, considering the way it helped and dealt with my super dry skin problem within 1 week… But only if my skin asks for it next winters.
Have you used CLINIQUE Comforting Cream Cleanser? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover Review
- Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 20 Review
- Clinique Foundation Review- Superfit Makeup
- Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector and Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner Review
- Vichy Normaderm Purifying cleansing gel Review
- Fab India Lavender Cleansing Milk Review