WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We do hear a lot about makeup dupes of popular and expensive makeup products and we often pick those up when we have budget restrictions, but the same concept is applicable for skincare too. Often big brands come up with revolutionary formulas and make you believe that only those can transform your skin miraculously, but you can get beautiful skin within budget too. There are many creams that have similar formula as their expensive counterparts and work in the same way as popular and expensive stuff. In this post, I will tell you about the alternatives for 10 expensive creams available in the market.
1. Tatcha The Water Cream (68$): Dupe – Etude House Wonder Pore Balancing Cream (16$)
Tatcha is making revolutionary skincare products and this water cream is a super-hyped product. It hydrates the skin, makes it soft and supple, and refines pores without making the skin oily. It is great for all skin types. The Etude House cream comes at a much lesser price and shows similar results on the skin. You can definitely buy the Etude cream as an effective alternative to Tatcha Water Cream.
2. Lancome Micellar Cleansing Water (40$): Dupe – Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water (500 INR). Cleansing skin is very important and you need to thoroughly get rid of all dirt, grime and makeup, but that does not mean you have to splurge because you can get rid of all makeup and grime with cheaply-available micellar water too. Garnier Oil Infused Micellar Water is a much-raved about product. It is an amazing product and a definite dupe to the Lancome Micellar Cleansing Water.
3. Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment (4050INR): Dupe – L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask Detoxify (750 INR). Mud masks are gaining popularity across beauty communities as they refine facial pores, deeply cleanse oily skin, and also prevent breakouts. Glamglow mask is a favorite among oily-skinned beauties. The L’Oreal Paris Pure Clay Mask shows similar results. Both masks remove impurity, detoxify the skin and brighten it up. If you want to save some money, you can buy the mask from L’Oreal.
4. Shu Uemura Skin Purifier Porefinist Gentle Foaming Cleansing Water (40$): Dupe – Fash Foam Facial Cleanser (325 INR). Women with oily, acne-prone skin often prefer foam-based face washes as such products remove all traces of dirt and oil from the face. It is great to clear out active acne and breakouts. The one from Shu Uemura is definitely a great option, but you can save a lot of money by buying the Fash foam. It is great for oily, acne-prone skin and dermatologists often recommend this product.
5. Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Plus SPF 50 (2750INR): Dupe- Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch (890INR). Sunscreens are imperative to protect our skin from sun damage and to keep it looking younger for long. We generally prefer matte sunscreens that get absorbed quickly, do not cause excessive sweating and do not leave any white cast. Shiseido sunscreen is pretty famous and people across the world swear by this one. However, you can get a similar benefits by using the Vichy sunscreen too. It is a nearly exact dupe and both Shiseido and Vichy provide protection factor of 50.
6. Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil Light (48$): Dupe – Colorbar C7 Argan Oil (800 INR). Argan oil is known as known as liquid gold and it does wonders to your skin, hair and nails. This super lightweight oil is nourishing and never clogs pores. The one from Josie Maran is a favorite among women all over the world, but you can get a cheaper dupe of this oil in Colorbar. It does similar things and definitely the quality is not compromised.
7. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum (80$): Dupe – Dupe- The Ordinary’s Vitamin C Suspension 23% + 2% HA Spheres (10$). Vitamin C is a miracle product for the skin. If you want bright, beautiful, glowing skin that is free from spots and scars, vitamin C is an amazing option. Drunk Elephant Serum with vitamin C is super effective, but it’s not an affordable option for many. In that case, you can try the serum from The Ordinary. It shows results a bit slowly and at times, it feels a little greasy. However, considering the price, that’s acceptable. If you want to invest in a vitamin C serum for the first time, this is a good option.
8. Tata Harper Restorative Under Eye Cream (95$): Dupe – Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Eye Cream (20$)
Under-eye fine lines and wrinkles are the first signs of ageing and we must invest in a good under eye cream to prevent that. However, the price of the Tata Harper eye cream is extremely high and most of us won’t be able to afford it. If you want similar hydrating and plumping benefits, you can try the one from Aveeno. It makes your under eye area looks fresh and the pirce is much lower compared to the Tata Harper one.
9. Kama Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream (2250INR for 50g): Dupe – Lotus Herbals Papayablem Papaya-N-Saffron Anti-Blemish (845INR for 250g)
We often want our night creams to treat blemishes and dark spots. Saffron is a very potent ingredient to do the job. Kama Ayurveda has anti-oxidants and the goodness of saffron that helps to treat the blemishes. But you may think that it is too expensive. In such cases, you must give try the one from Lotus. It also contains the goodness of saffron and papaya. It is effective on blemishes and it won’t cost much either.
10. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Gel Cream (3950INR for 50ml): Dupe – L’Oreal Hydrafresh Hydration + Antiox Active Night Mask-In Jelly (650INR for 50 ml). We love using hydrating gels on our face which does not make the skin oily. These creams especially help when you want to apply matte makeup. The one form Bobby brown is awesome and is much raved about by beauty experts. The cheaper alternative is from L’Oreal and it works in a similar manner. Although the brand claims it to be a mask, it works better as a hydrating cream. It boosts skin’s hydration, makes skin soft and supple and allows you to do makeup on it. It is just like the Bobby brown cream at a lower price.
High-end products do contain some active ingredients that you won’t get in cheaper alternative and those ingredients make the products pricier. But often alternatives work similarly and you will see results, albeit at a slower pace. If you want to save some money (and splurge in other makeup products of course), this list will definitely help you.