Carrying on my series on concealer reviews, I am today going to talk about a concealer which I do like a lot. It’s not my Holy Grail concealer (I haven’t found my HG yet), but this one has come as close to it as possible. Indian women are BLESSED with dark under eye circles. How I wish this was not so, or at least beauty companies start coming up with truly miracle eye cream to combat dark circles. I am a truly BLESSED one in this regard (genetic dark circles) and have also been bestowed with fine lines under my eyes. I usually use pure almond oil for my dark circles. I have a normal to dry, NC30-35 skin, without much concerns on my face except my dark circles.
Regarding this Product:
- Formula: Liquid Concealer.
- Coverage: Full.
- Finish: Natural.
- Multi-tasking concealer disguises dark under-eye circles while helping to reduce the look of puffiness. Long-wearing, moisturizing formula won’t crease or settle into fine lines.
- Ophthalmologist tested.
- Skin Types: All.
How To Use:
- Apply on bare skin or over foundation.
- Squeeze a small amount onto back of hand.
- Dip concealer brush in the product, then stroke over area to be covered, blending well.
- Can also finger-blend into skin using a light, patting motion.
- Build coverage by adding more when needed.
- Avoid rubbing once application is complete.
- Light neutral.
- Light golden.
- Light petal.
- Medium petal.
- Medium beige.
- Medium honey.
- Deep honey.
- Deep golden.
Rs. 1350/- for 10 ml.
My Experience with Clinique All About Eyes Concealer:
I bought this product on my visit to Clinique around 4 months back. The SA showed me this product, and told me that this product is especially for “under eye dark circles.” She showed me this shade and it looked so dark, I was really very skeptical. However, she told me this is the perfect and best-selling shade for under eye dark circles in India. This shade covers all types of under eye dark circles in Indian women – from mild to very dark variant. She then proceeded to demonstrate it on me and I got convinced. I bought it, but even now, I am still wondering about the shade.
Now, about the product. This is an extremely good concealer for under eye dark circles. I haven’t tested it anywhere else, so can’t say about that. It comes in a transparent tube with a very small opening. You can easily control the amount of product needed. It is a full coverage concealer, and extremely pigmented. Only a tiny dot of product is needed for each eye. If you start using it in excess amount, it starts looking cakey and settles into fine lines.
The product is very creamy in texture and is a blend of pigment and some sort of transparent oily fluid. The two tend to separate sometimes, so I really massage the tube between my two hands every time before opening the cap. It does not have any fragrance at all. I first apply an eye cream on my eyelids (since my eyelids are dry), and then I apply this concealer. People with oily eyelids may totally skip the eye cream, since this remains creamy, and does not turn very matte. Since I feel the product is a bit dark, I apply it only on my even darker under eye shadows and then blend it with my ring finger. This warms up the product and it spreads very easily without settling on my fine lines.
Sometimes, I apply a bit of translucent powder on top to really help it settle down. It conceals my under eye dark shadows very well as well as brightens it up a bit and is my go to concealer for any social functions. The concealer remains intact for the entire day without need of any touch-ups, and does not melt or make any mess. I am using it since 3 months and I have hardly made a dent in the amount present in the tube. Also, this product does not break me out at all.
Pros of Clinique All About Eyes Concealer:
- Full coverage concealer.
- Excellent for under eye dark circles.
- Covers my under eye dark shadows and slightly brightens up the area.
- Transparent tube, can see the amount left.
- Opening is very small, can control amount of product.
- Only a tiny dot is needed for each eye, will last for a long time.
- It does not dry out my under eye area.
- Blends beautifully.
- No caking, if used in tiny amount.
- No melting.
- No settling into fine lines.
- Remains intact the entire day.
- Does not break me out.
- Available in eight shades.
Cons of Clinique All About Eyes Concealer:
- The shade “suitable” for Indian women is very dark.
- This dark shade cannot be applied on other parts of the face without looking odd.
- May need setting up with a translucent powder.
- May separate into pigment and oil, will need a bit of massage to mix them up again,.
- May settle into fine lines if slightly more amount is used.
4.5/5 (-0.5 for the shade).
Would I Recommend Clinique All About Eyes Concealer?
Yes, I recommend it to everyone, at least go and have a makeover done at the Clinique counter. This is an excellent product per se, and completely cancels out my dark shadows. Despite the dark shade, it does not look odd on my under eye area, especially if I set it with a translucent powder. I was told by SA that out of all the shades, only this shade is suitable for Indian under eye dark circles irrespective of your NC/ NW shade. I don’t know how true this is, but I know that I with (NC 30-35) cannot use this for the rest of my face without looking extremely odd. People with oily eyelids should set it with a translucent powder. Despite my review, I would request all of you to please check the shade, especially if you are going to use it elsewhere on the face too.
Clinique All About Eyes Eye Gel
Clinique All About Eyes Rich
Clinique Even Better Makeup Foundation SPF 15
Clinique Even Better Concealer Orange Brightener
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream with SPF 30
Clinique Even Better Compact Makeup SPF 15
All About Chocolate Wax
All about Seaweed Body Wrap Treatment
Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder
All about Skin Lightening
5 Best Concealers Available in India
Best Way to Remove Under Eye Concealer
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Concealer
Neutrogena 3 in 1 Concealer For Eyes
Corrective Color Concealers and How to Use Them