Coastal Scents Gel eye liner review
I bought this gel liner on my very dear friend Sireesha’s recommendation. After I tried felt tip liners, liquid liners, eye pencils, finally I thought I should try a gel liner too. She suggested that I should get this from Coastal scents and I know I can trust her blindly when it comes to make up . 🙂 I got this long back but never used it, as I thought that we could use this only with an angled brush, so I was waiting to get myself one. When I told this to sireesha she suggested that I can even use a normal liner brush for applying gel liners. Thank you so much sweetie, your tips always work 🙂 :-*
(Picture from the official coastal scents site)
25 rich in color Gel Liners are now available at Coastal Scents. These apply with ease using an angle liner brush for precise control.
Net wt.: 3g/0.11oz
Price, 6.95 $ Costed me around 10 dollars (INR 450) with cheapest shipping option.
This is how it looks on my eyes
WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT COASTAL SCENTS GEL LINERS
• The first & foremost thing I like is the whooping number of shades they offer. I haven’t seen any of our local brands offering as many colors.
• These gel liners are uber smooth in texture and just glide easily on the lids
• Doesn’t fade, smudge, tug, budge 😀 😀 😀
• Water line safe, I haven’t had any problems using it on my water line even with my contact lenses on.
• Gives Intense Dark black matt color in single swipe.
• Staying power is pretty good. Doesn’t fade much even after 4-5 hours.
• Dries instantly and we don’t have to wait for it to dry.
WHAT IS NOT SO GOOD ABOUT COASTAL SCENTS GEL LINERS
• THEY DRY!!!!!!!! 😐 😐 This is their major con, I don’t know it’s common with all gel liners or not, but this one dries out in the pot very soon.***
• Not available In India. Have to be ordered online via Coastal scents site using a credit card. (No paypal)
• Gives matt finish, if you are looking for a glossy black liner , you won’t like this much.
• Packaging is really simple, nothing impressive.
• Doesnot include applicator brush.
• Contains parabens
*** However the dried gel liner can be saved
• By using a liner sealer or Inglot’s duraline.
• Another trick is to slightly heat it with a blow drier before using it, and it will become soft , ready for use again ☺ ☺
• Jinal suggests that we should store/keep them upside down and they wont dry 😀 😀
Will I buy it again– I would buy only if I need other colors like brown or may be plum. Black I would rather buy Maybelline’s gel liner which is easily available here.
IMBB RATING 4/5 :-* :-* :-* :-* (-1 for the fact that it dries out badly )
Also Read :
Coastal Scents Brushes Haul
Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette Review, Photos
Coastal Scents 28 Piece Eye Shadow Neutral Palette Review+ MAC Dupes
Coastal Scents 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette Review