As you may already know, chia seeds are being hailed as the new super food in the world of diet and nutrition. These tiny seeds come packed with mega doses of nutrition. Chia seeds are an excellent source of protein, high quality fibre, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, potassium and magnesium, among other nutrients. A true super food indeed!
What’s more, chia seeds are considered an excellent food option for those who are trying to lose weight. Not only do chia seeds have you covered nutritionally, the high fibre content keeps you full for long hours and helps you eat a better diet, which in turn helps with weight loss.
But now you may be wondering how you can incorporate chia seeds into your daily diet, especially if you’re trying to lose weight. You need not worry on that count, because chia seeds actually lend themselves very well to a variety of preparations. Here are some ways in which you can incorporate chia seeds in your daily diet for weight loss:
1. Add chia seeds to your favourite smoothie: One of the best ways to incorporate chia seeds into your daily weight loss diet is by blending them into your smoothie. A great combination would be yogurt, banana, strawberry and chia seeds. The seeds add a delicious crunchy texture to the smoothie.
2. Sprinkle chia seeds onto a salad: Whether you’re preparing a leafy green salad, a fruit and nut salad, or a salad with veggies and lentils, chia seeds will add a wonderful flavour and texture to your salad. Make sure to sprinkle some on top once your salad is prepared.
3. Add chia seeds to your pancake: Love eating pancakes? Pancakes are a great and delicious option for breakfast, but to make them more nutritious and weight loss friendly, make sure to use whole-wheat flour and add a dash of chia seeds to the batter. And you’ll have some fluffy, crunchy, delicious pancake on your plate!
4. Add chia seeds to your rotis or chappatis: Just like you can add chia seeds to your pancake batter, adding the seeds to the atta for your rotis or chappatis is one of the best, most nutritious and easiest ways to incorporate chia seeds into your daily diet.
5. Use chia seeds to make homemade desserts: Chia seeds can be incorporated into a wide variety of desserts. You can add them to cakes, muffins, puddings, etc. You could also make some simple energy bars at home using oatmeal, chia seeds, walnuts and honey.
6. Eat chia seeds with flavoured yogurt: Another great and tasty ways to eat chia seeds on a regular basis is by sprinkling it on top of flavoured or plain yogurt. You could even try this with ice cream on your cheat days!
7. Sprinkle chia seeds onto potato preparations: You may have seen the popular combination of sesame seeds and potatoes, especially in the preparation of honey chilli potatoes. You could certainly try substituting sesame seeds with chia seeds in the preparation. Additionally, you could add chia seeds to a variety of other potato preparations, such as baked potato, potato fry, potato salad, etc.
10 Best Reasons to Add Chia Seeds in Your Beauty Routine
DIY: 6 Ingredients Chia Seed Facial Scrub
Get Amazing Skin and Hair with These Seeds
The Face Shop Chia Seed Hydrating Mask Sheet
10 Golden Rules to Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
8 Natural Supplements for Weight Loss
Complete Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss