Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strips
Blackheads are a common gripe among women aged 16 to 60. Pollution seems to be a main cause. Blackhead scrubs seem to be effective, but sometimes you need more localized treatment. One example for this is nose strips and the one reviewed here is the Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strip.
Cool and Cool is a company that I’ve just recently heard about. They seem to have a lot of skin care, hair care and baby care products like anti ageing creams, night creams, wipes etc.
Name of the Product:
Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strips.
Rs. 59.00 for one strip.
• Deep Magnetic Cleansing.
• Contains natural charcoal extract.
• New extra cleansing formula.
• Rapidly removes blackheads, oil and dirt.
• Unclogs pores.
• Instant results by reducing pores visibility.
• Leaves skin soft and refreshed.
Review of Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strips:
The product comes in a packet enclosed in a box. The product claim, directions of use and cautionary message are very clearly mentioned on both.
The actual strip is shiny black and looks like this:
Directions to use are as follows:
1. Wash face to clean it from any lotions or creams.
2. Moist nose area.
3. Peel strip off from plastic line.
4. Apply the strip on the nose facing the shiny side.
5. Let the strip dry for 10-15 minutes.
6. Peel off the strip from edges pulling it towards the center.
7. Recommended usage is one strip a week. They caution against using more than 2 strips in a week.
The strip is easy to remove and stick on. It doesn’t stick on very aggressively and is easy to pull off after 15 minutes. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or bad, good since it doesn’t hurt to pull off, bad because I’m not sure if it effectively removes blackheads.
I have to mention here that I don’t have a severe blackhead problem, only a mild one. After removing the strip, my nose did appear clearer, but still not completely clear. I didn’t experience any refreshing feeling like the product claimed, though the skin on my nose felt a little smoother. I assume, a twice a week usage would be required by those with a heavy blackhead problem.
Polyquaternium-11, PVP, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Aqua, Silica, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide, Hamamellis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract Menthol, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, C177267, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil.
PVP acts as the adhesive on the strip. There have been allergic reactions when this component comes in touch with mucous membranes, so take care to place it on top of the nose. Tea Tree Oil is considered a topical antibacterial. I am not sure which of these components represents charcoal, but I’m assuming its C177267 since it’s basically carbon.
Pros of Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strips:
1. Long shelf life.
2. Very clear instructions.
3. Hygienically packed.
4. Easy to apply and remove.
5. Does not leave behind any residue.
6. Makes nose appear clearer than before.
7. Makes skin on nose a little smoother.
Cons of Cool and Cool Charcoal Nose Strips:
1. Expensive, considering the pack contains a single strip.
2. Not sure about ease of availability.
3. Doesn’t stick that well on the nose, which leads to a doubt in its effectiveness.
4. Not all blackheads are removed.
5. Skin doesn’t feel any better after applying the strip.
6. Severe blackheads might require usage of the strip more than once a week.
7. Contains parabens.
Would I Buy it Again?
No. Not worth the price.
Cool & Cool Deep Magnetic Cleansing Charcoal Nose Strip
Cool & Cool Deep Cleansing Nose Strips
Cool & Cool Travelling Wipes
Bh Cosmetics 88 Colors Cool Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette
Davidoff Cool Water Woman Eau De Toilette
Colorbar Cool Eyeshadow Palette Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial
BlackHead Remover Nose Strip : Cettua Charcoal Nose Strip
Oriflame Hypnotic Shimmer Eye Pencil Charcoal Glow
Jeunesse Natural Charcoal Pore Strips
Biore Pore Cleansing Strips Review