Hi lovely ladies,
I have come up with another DIY article, which is on homemade body butter. The harsh winter month makes our skin dry and flaky. Although, you have plethora of moisturizers, body lotions and body butter available in the market but making your own body butter will ensure that you are using organic products on your skin. This body butter is very easy to make and is inexpensive in a long run. You can buy the ingredients online but make sure that you buy the raw unprocessed variety. So let’s get started!!
• Beeswax: 1 tbsp (optional)
• Shea butter: 3 tbsp
• Cacao butter: 3 tbsp
• Coconut oil: 2 tbsp
• Olive oil: 3 tbsp
• Sweet almond oil: 2 tbsp
The quantities mentioned here are good for a 50 g container. If you are using a bigger container, increase the quantities accordingly. Also you can choose the type of oil according to your preference.
• Take a big glass or stainless steel bowl. The bowl should be heat resistant.
• Add beeswax, cocoa butter and shea butter in the quantities given above.
• Now add coconut, olive and almond oil in the quantities given above.
• Prepare double boiler or microwave to melt the oils.
• Do not overheat, just make the oils melt.
• Now let the mix cool down for 20 minutes.
• Transfer it into an airtight container after it has cooled down a little.
• Now refrigerate the mix for another 20 minutes and then take it out.
• This is the time, when you must whisk the mixture to get a whipped butter consistency. You can use a blender if you want but I use a fork to blend because cleaning the blender becomes a tedious task.
• Your body butter is ready now. Keep it in a dry and cool place.
• Beeswax: It makes your skin feel beautiful and soft as it acts as a humectant (draws and holds moisture) and as an emollient. It is also anti inflammatory agent.
• Cocoa butter or cacao butter: Cocoa butter (sometimes called Theobroma oil) is a natural, meltable oil extracted the cocoa bean. Cocoa butter is great for healing dry and sensitive skin.
• Shea butter: It is an excellent moisturizer and regular use can treat many skin problems, including blemishes, wrinkles, itching, sunburns, small skin wounds, eczema, skin allergies, insect bites, frost bite, and other skin conditions.
• Coconut oil: It has natural antifungal and antibacterial properties. It penetrates into the skin very nice giving it a nice glow.
• Olive oil: Olive oil is packed with anti-oxidants and hydrating squalene which is superb for skin.
• Sweet Almond oil: This oil is rich in Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium and zinc, besides a number of other minerals and vitamins, which explains why it is so good for our skin.
Apply generously on body after shower. You can also use on elbow and knees at night and sleep with it and you will wake up with soft skin. This can also be used as lip balm for moisturizing lips.
This body butter melts into the skin. The smell of cocoa butter and coconut oil is very sweet. Since, I like the smell therefore I do not add essential oils in this mixture but if you want, you can add it while whisking the mixture. This body butter takes a little more time to get absorbed into the skin but once absorbed it makes the skin very soft and supple . This is good for people with extremely dry skin. People with sensitive skin should do a patch test before using this body butter as this is oil based.
Guys do try this body butter and let me know your comments.
Homemade Body Butter Recipes
Skin Care Routine Using Homemade Products
5 Easy Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides
5 Best Homemade Pomegranate Face Packs
Grace Cole Coconut and Lime Body Butter
Grace Cole Watermelon and Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
Grace Cole Fruit Works Peach and Pear Body Butter
Grace Cole Pineapple and Passion Fruit Body Butter