How To Make Eyeshadow Using Eyeliners: Do It Yourself
Hi Pretty Ladies,
We all have gone through a moment when we love one of our eyeliner pencils so much that we wish if the same shade was available as an eyeshadow as well. I had the same thought and quickly decided to try something out as an experiment, so what I did was to convert my eyeliner pencil into an eyeshadow of cream base, sounds great right? Here’s the procedure 🙂
- An eye pencil of any color of your choice.
- Some empty tubs (you can buy them or reuse the empty pots of used lip balms).
- An eye/lip pencil sharpener.
- Olive oil/cold cream/petroleum jelly.
- Take the eyeliner pencil of your choice, you can also fuse two or more colors to get a new one.
- If it comes in a retractable case, then no problem, but if it comes in a wooden body, then sharpen till it does not break off, then carefully chop the tip off and put it into a large spoon.
- Put the spoon where you have gathered them all over the flame and heat it at a simmer from a distance.
- While still in the molten state, add very little amount of olive oil /cold cream/petroleum jelly into it (be very careful not to use more than required).
- Mix these all together.
- Transfer it into the empty tub/pot.
Its all ready to be used!
These are the few steps, just a piece-of-cake, easy.
But here are a few important things you will need be careful about:
- Make sure you don’t over sharpen your pencil as that would break the tip off and would get deposited at the sharpener blade, hence leading to wastage.
- If you are using olive oil, always add it only after you have heated the eye pencils, and when they are still in the molten state.(I’m using olive oil as it’s healthier for the skin).
- Add no more than 2 or 3 drops of oil, as the pencil is already in kind of a cream base (it’s not powder!!), you don’t want to overdo it and find it all greasy and smudged all over your face.
- Make sure you use the olive oil immediately when you put it away from the flame, as they dry up really quick.
- In the photos, the eyeshadow looks clumped at a place, but since I have made a little amount (remember,” experiment”) it looks like that. It’s really creamy.
Hope you would enjoy this recipe of creating your own cream-base eyeshadow as I did.
Please leave your valuable comments below 🙂
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Aroma Magic Almond Nourishing Cream
Chanel Precision Hydramax + Active Nutrition Nourishing Cream
Fab India Coral Glow Face Pack
Easy Homemade Face Packs for Dry and Oily Skin
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
Aroma Magic Mineral Face Pack Detoxifying Mask
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Dhathri Fairness Face Pack
Aroma Magic Calamine Face Pack Acne Skin
Everyuth Home Facial- Papaya Face Pack
Olay Age Protect Anti-Ageing Cream
Garnier Wrinkle Lift Anti-Ageing Cream
Everyuth Natural Cucumber Face Pack
Biotique Milk Protein Face Pack
Anti Aging Homemade Face Pack (With Photos)
Freeman Clay Mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
Lotus Herbals Skin Polisher : Kiwi & Grapes
26 thoughts on “How To Make Eyeshadow Using Eyeliners: Do It Yourself”
Thats sooo very creative Devleena. Loved it.
thank you ,surabhi.so happy that you liked it 😀
looks lovely on u, nice idea
brilliant idea.. 🙂
Very Innovative .. the resultant color is just so beautifull… 🙂
Fabulous idea… 😀 😀 😀
OMG wow! It looks too good to be true! Awesome idea Devleena!
I am sure this requires some skill yaar! I am tempted to try it this weekend 🙂
And hey, it looks good on you, you look like Alia Bhatt you know 🙂
thanks shruti.. and the alia bhatt complement is way too far-fetched dont you think ?lol.anyways,im glad you liked it so much 😀
In the 2nd last pic you definitely do 🙂
this is sooo cool devleena and the color is looking stunning on you. :)) You should wear this shade more often. Sort of brings our your complexion beautifully. 🙂
thnks so much for that tip mam. thanks a lot 😀
more than DIY I was so engrossed luking at ur piccis..eyes down u luking very nice without color edit..dnt edit at all its perfectly fine …..
your comment just made my day ,rajni..thanks soooo very much.! :* :*
and hope you liked the diy too 😀 😉
Beautiful shade Devleena. By the way do u reside in a hostel currently?
Devleena this is simply fantastic yes it is true that often we have pretty eyeliner pencils which we could use as eyeshadows and also such eyeliner pencils whose shades we like but the colour payoff is bad so converting it into a eyeshadow definitely helps. I was wondering can this same technique be used for lip liner pencils as in cream based lipstick… good going devleena…
yes a cream based lipstick is an awesome idea too.you can use a baby cream as base..
so happy that i could help you pinky 😀 😉
and thanks a lot 😀
i also like the cute dabbas u used, from whr u purchased them
where are you from,
neha? i stay in calcutta. purchased them here from “AC market”.
oh i am frm mumbai dear
wow eye shadows of same eyeliner shades 🙂 lovely DIY devleena..this shades looks great on you
thank you, manisha. 😀
devleena this is one fab idea that you have given! how i love my faces eye pencil which are finishing up fast as i dab them on my lids too often! now i can properly turn them into eye shadows all thanks to you!
so glad i could help you,sandhya.and thanks 🙂
this is really innovative 🙂 would def try it 🙂
ohhhhh very smart Devleena .. must try this!!! i have so many of those miss claire pencils … its gettin diificult to use them all up … will try this some day… color looks very pretty on u 🙂
how very inventive and it’s a really pretty shade!