WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Faces Cosmetics Sparkle Dust (Wild) Review
I recently spotted a Faces counter at a Pantaloon outlet. I saw a lot of nice things and was favourably impressed by the brand. For my first Faces product, I got a nice Faces Sparkle Dust palette in “Wild”.
It is a bold and bright coloured palette. I am calling it a palette but it is basically a stack of 5 loose powder mineral eye shadows. There are five tubs of loose powder which can be stacked through screw caps.
These sparkle dusts are available in 5-shadow stacks and 8-shadow stacks. There are many shades to choose from. You cannot mix shades from two palettes.
The 5-shadow stack comes for Rs. 549/-. It is available across all Faces counters which can be easily found at Pantaloon outlets, India.
I got this one called “wild” because I loved all colours in it. The colours are bold and bright but they ALL go with each other.
These shadows are shimmery and the colours are- (Top to bottom)
- Crimson/Hot Pink
- Turquoise (Sea green-blue)
- Pale green
These are my descriptions, not Faces’.
I can use them in at least 10-15 different combinations. They all have the same texture, too.
So, this is my stack:
If you open the first cap, it is Hot pink on the top.
If you turn the whole Hot pink tub, you open the Purple tub, and so on.
I have opened all the tubs for you.
Here you go:
And here are the swatches:
From left to right: Pale green, Turquoise, Indigo, Purple and Hot pink.
All the swatches are one or two swipes with fingers. The Hot pimk is the least vibrant of all, turquoise being the most.
Here the GOOD things about Faces Cosmetics Loose Eye Shadows:
- The stack is extremely cute and portable.
- The eye shadows are well coordinated.
- Despite of being loose powders, there is very little fall out.
- They glide like butter on the lids and blend like a dream.
- These are shimmery but not glittery.
- The shimmer is fine and not at all tacky.
- The colours are bold but still wearable.
- The loose powders are all natural mineral based. So very little chances of allergies.
- They are available in other shades too.
- The stack is very sturdy. Also, each shadow cup fits into the other through a tightly fitting screw cap. So it’s easy to store and difficult to spill.
- They have amazing colour pay-off. You can go as bright as you want. But you can blend a very little amount to go subtle, too.
- These do not settle into the crease. Though a primer is still advisable.
- 5 shadows for 550/- is a good deal.
- These would go a long way, too.
- These can be easily removed with face wipes/cleansing milk/oil or simply soap and water.
The “Not so good” things about Faces Cosmetics Loose Eye Shadows:
- These are in a loose powder form. I am not a big fan of loose powders.
- I cannot work with these near a window or if ceiling fan is on. They fly everywhere otherwise.
- As these are loose powders, my brushes tend to pick up a lot of product. It can lead to wastage. To avoid this I tap the brush on the rim of the tub to remove excess product.
- No applicator or brush provided.
I love these shadows. They are rich, vibrant and super-blendable. I would definitely advise the neutral golden 8-shadow stack, which I am soon gonna buy.
For colour lovers, “Wild” and “Frolic” varieties are must-haves.
I would give these: :-* :-*:-* :-*
I will try to do some nice and funky looks with these.
Have you tried Faces Cosmetics Sparkle Dust? Please rate the in the box below.
Lots of love,