WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Fashion and You (fashionandyou.com) is a website with which all the Indian female online shoppers have been enamored lately. Many of the online shoppers on IMBB, including my wife, have also tried shopping on the website. I was planning to write a review on the website since Rati had already done a fair amount of shopping from there, but Radhika beat me to it (Read her reviews HERE and HERE). 🙂 Anyhow, there are still good, bad, and ugly points about Fashion and You website that need to be told. By the way, the online retailer raised $8 million (about INR 36 crores) from the venture capitalist firm Sequoia Capital. A good enough money to provide great service, right? Wrong!
How Fashion and You Works:
The modus operandi of the website is fairly simple- it gains footfalls through heavy online advertising (mainly through Google adwords) or through personal referrals (If a fashion and you user refers the website to someone else he/she gets a Rs. 1000 voucher if the referee purchases from fashion and you. Also, the referee gets Rs. 250 voucher initially)
Fashion and You stocks and sells products of various brands. Most of the products are at a highly discounted prices which is highly tempting to the shoppers. Hence the fair deal of interaction of IMBB users with Fashion and You website.
- The Website- The website is very pleasing and fun for an online shopper. It is not drab or dull like many other online shopping websites. In fact it is really snazzy and alluring for many online shoppers, hence they feel an urge to shop at Fashion and You. Kudos to the site designers and developers.
- Customer Care- The customer care is available on the phone Monday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. You can get through them easily and most of your queries will be solved. Where ever online purchasing is concerned, it is good to have someone you can speak to. Granted that many a times the customer care executive is clueless about a certain product but it is to be expected. When a company is sporting hundreds of products an executive cannot know about all of them. But they are genuinely helpful.
- Product Delivery- Rati purchased thrice from Fashion and You- once a pair of shoes, once a set of bangles, and once a pair of sunglasses for me. Each time, the delivery was prompt and efficient. I don’t know if this is the case because we are in Delhi or the website is prompt in delivery in all the cities. All in all, we have been impressed with the speedy delivery of products.
- The Voucher System- As I mentioned earlier, if you refer Fashion and You website to someone and he/she purchases from the website, you get a Rs. 1000 voucher. Also, the referee gets a Rs. 250 voucher. But there’s a catch: You cannot use the Rs. 1000 voucher till you make a purchase of at least Rs. 1500 and Rs. 250 voucher till you make a purchase of at least Rs. 750. Well, they are making you spend at least some of your money on the site which makes a perfect business sense. But it gets highly irritating when you find out that you cannot combine the vouchers to purchase a product. That is, each voucher has to be used separately. Rati in fact got so irritated by this that she decided NOT to shop from Fashion and You website again. There were other reasons also as we shall see in the ugly part.
- The Products- The worst part of Fashion and You are the displayed products themselves. Strangely enough, every time Rati has liked a product on their website and tried to locate the same product in the catalogue of the original brand, she has failed. She liked some sandals from ‘catwalk’ on Fashion and You and when she checked two ‘Catwalk’ stores themselves, the sandals weren’t there. The same happened with the ‘Forever New’ bangles that she purchased from the website. The bangles were nowhere in ‘Forever New’s’ store. The same happened with a jewellery piece from Tiffany and co. showcased on Fashion and You. The piece was nowhere in Tiffany’s online catalogue. Somehow, every time we try to compare the prices of a product offered on the F&Y website by cross checking it with the catalogue of the original brand, the product isn’t there. What is happening? Is Fashion and You offering obsolete products? Is the website warehousing products that have been discontinued by the companies and given to it at cheap prices?
- Newness of the Products- We have purchased three products from Fashion and You and our emotions were aptly expressed by Pooja on Radhika’s blog- “the things you buy from roadside are in better condition than those from Fashion and You.” We have felt the same. All three products delivered were unbroken, but every time we opened the parcels, the excitement of getting our product died down. None of the products felt new. There was no shine or ‘crispness’ of a new product. Even my Ray Bans that I got felt ‘old’ although I did not say it to Rati at that time as it was a gift and I did not want to disappoint her.
- Refund of Products- The sandal that Rati purchased from the site was one size higher than what she wanted. Therefore, Rati asked for a refund. If you ask for a refund, they deduct Rs. 200 from your account which was fine by us. But we wanted them to take the products back. Till date no one has come to collect the sandals from us.
If someone thinks deeply, one can understand that no company would give such high discounts on products which they are currently offering in their showrooms or their own online shops. Why would someone purchase from their showrooms then? But all the companies have stocks that they can dispose of, that they are not offering to their customers anymore. And that is where this website has come into picture. At least this is what it looks like from the stock of products they are offering.
On our part, we are saying goodbye to Fashion and You forever. I do hope that they refund the sandals that Rati purchased or we would have to write it off as bad debt.
Have you shopped from Fashion and You? Please share your experiences with us!
Fashion and You Complaints – online fraud
A Guide To Online Shopping
NYX Cherry Culture Shopping Experience
Shopping: Top 5 Online Makeup Shops
My First Online Cosmetic Shopping Experience
Online Makeup Shopping in India
Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul