WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Forest Essentials Saundarya Facial Ubtan Review
I have been wanting to review since ages now but didn’t get time.I want to get away by saying “der aaye durust aaye”…
So here it goes…
Well in Muslims we have a tradition tha tfew days before the wedding, the skin care routine is followed for the bide where ubtan is applied all over the body so that she glows at the wedding day. Since childhood I am very fascinated with ubtans because of the beautiful glow that follows upon applying ubtan. When I came across this Forest Essentials ubtan I instantly picked it up.
This is what Forest Essentials has to say about the ubtan
Forest Essentials Soundarya Ubtan is the next best to “fresh” is the “dehydrated” where everything in the herb remains intact, only the water content is removed. The finest quality herbs that are used in these powders are pure and unadulterated. Therefore, wherever practical, it is beneficial to use the dehydrated herb. When juices, milk, yogurt or rose water is added to these powdered herbs they are “hydrated” and the fullest benefits of these natural products in their entirely may be had. Perhaps not as fresh as nature intended, but closest to nature, the next best thing.
• Smoothes • Polishes • Adds radiance
An ancient recipe, unique in its properties, for a smooth, radiant and brilliantly polished skin. It comprises 52 herbs including Turmeric, Fennel Seeds, Star Anise Fruit, Lemon, Orange, Sandalwood, Fenugreek, Manjistha, Cinnamon, Nutgrass Tubers, Clove, Nutmeg, Marigold, Marjoram, Poppy Seeds, Camphor and Saffron which leave the complexion soft, glowing and gently polished.
Price Rs.595 for 100 grams.
Directions for use:Take 1 teaspoon of ubtan. Mix it with rosewtaer.apply the paste and wash off.
I have been using this ubtan for more than 2 months now and I have to say I am very impressed with this as such I am a sucker for natural products. Although it is mentioned that you have to apply the paste and then wash off. I keep it for atleast ten minutes before washing off. I have to tell you after rubbing it.It stings like hell and when I apply my suncreen after it , it stings too. I guess it is due to the presence of all the Star anise,Cinnamon and clove but the stinging stops after a minute or two..Also, it is a bit difficult to apply since it dries super fast and keeps falling.Hence, I apply it on my face before my bath and after washing off the body.In the end, I wash it off . That way I am able to apply it everyday since being a working mom, i don’t get enough time for skin care.I figured it is the best time to use it.
I have also applied it mixing honey and glycerin instead of rose water and noticed that was it is easier to apply and also stings less. But then I use it with rose water only because since it doesnt burn I start doubting if it is actually working or not. 😛 I know it is crazy but I like to follow the exact procedure.
If I leave aside the falling off and the burning part, it was worked wonderfully for me. My skin is brighter and smoother and also, my ance spots hav lightined visibly. I must add that I have recently started taking good care of my skin. I follow CTM religiously now. I have stopped commiting the sin of leaving my house without a sunscreen. So I guess this has also added to the improvement in my skin
This is how it luks after mixing with rose water ( like bird poo)…lol…
Coming to the pros and cons…
Pros of the Forest Essentials Soundarya Ubtan
1) 100% natural. Whenever I use natural products, I feel I am doing my skin a huge favour.
2) Does help in acheving a smoother skin.
3) Brightens up face after use.
3) Helps in lightening the spots and scars to some extent.
4) Although it is a dry powder and also dries up super fast. it doesnt dry my skin. ( I do follow up with a moisturiser though)
5) Quantity is good enough.I use it four times a week and there is still more than half the bottle left. I think it will last me another 4-5 months.
Cons of The Forest Essentials Soundarya Facial Ubtan
1) Stings like hell after rubbing it.Maybe I am harsh in my rubbing but I am pretty sure it is due to all the masala in the ingredients..
2) You have to use rose water with it, which is an added cost. Since it literaaly drinks up the rose water, I have already finished one bottle of fabindia with it.
3) Is a bit messy in application because it falls after drying.
Final verdict: This product works!!!! And I am happy with it. I don’t mind the stinging as long as it works for me!!!! I will give it :-* :-* :-* + 0.5 out of 5. I have taken 1 point for stinging and half point because my rose water bottles are dissappearing after I have started using this.
Will I repurchase it: I want to try out the other ubtans from Forrest Essentials but I may return back to this one.
Have you used Forest Essentials Soundarya Facial Ubtan? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque Review
- Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem Review
- Forest Essentials Mashobra Honey, Lemon & Rosewater Face Wash Review