Time for my second review. I am presenting the review of good look refreshing facial wipes, which is something I have been using for about a year now. ‘The after-college hang-outs with friends’ pictures on face book used to make me look like a sweaty oily pig. So I decided to do something about it. A face wash would not help as the loo seldom boasts of running water. My mom then bought Good look refreshing facial wipes for me, and there has been no looking back!
What the wipes claim to do –
Good Look Refreshing Cool wipes contain Aloe Vera and mint extract which gently cleanses and removes impurities from face, neck and eyes. This leaves your skin feeling cool, refreshed and thoroughly cleansed.
5 in 1 action –
3. Anti pruritic (anti itching)
To Use –
Lift reseal able sticker and remove one wipe. Gently wipe over the eyelids, face and neck to cleanse the skin. Ensure that the pack is properly packed to prevent wipes from drying out.
Ingredients – Aqua, Aloe Vera, Propylene Glycol, Menthol, PEG – 75 lanolin, Chlorhexidine acetate
Made In London, UK
Price – 25 wipes for Rs 55
My Take –
I have one word to sum it all – ‘Amazing’! I love these wipes. It really does all the 5 in 1 actions mentioned above. Here are the examples –
1. Cleansing – Attached is the swatch of Lotus Herbals Kajal, and how significantly the Good Look wipes removed it with just one slide, i.e. I wiped them over the kajal just once and this was the result. One more rub, and I do not even remember that I had a kajal on!
2. Moisturizing – The wipes make my skin really supple and smooth to touch. It has such an amazing feel, that I don’t even try to touch my skin often after wiping it for fear of spoiling the suppleness. :p
3. Anti Pruritic – or simply, anti itching (2 years in MBBS has taught me the meaning of these big silly words!). Yes, that works too. I had exams last week, and I was studying overnight for the entire week. At the end of the week, my eyes started burning, and the entire day I was tempted to rub them. While going out, I wiped my face with the wipes, and because my eyes were itching so much, and I didn’t want to waste the coolness in the wipes, I put them on the top of my eyelids for just a minute. 2 hours later, the itching was completely gone!!! Since then, I have been using the bachi-hui coolness of the wipes for this purpose, only this time for 5 – 10 mins!
4. Deodorising – The wipes come in various scents. The one I am reviewing is Jasmine, and there are about 5-6 more (rose, sandalwood, etc). Jasmine has a subtle scent, which lingers on for quite a while after applying it. Super cool! It’s like using a mild scent all over the body.
5. Soothing – yes, the wipes are soothing and refreshing. Not only does my skin look refreshed, but it also feels very refreshed after using the wipes. I also use the remaining wipes to wipe my hands afterwards when I am out. Gives me an after-bath wali mast feeling!
In a nutshell, here are the Pros and Cons –
Pros of Good Look Refreshing Facial Wipes Jasmine:
1. Alcohol free.
2. Cleanses really well (even slight traces of make-up invisible on the face were removed when I tried the wipes after using a face wash).
3. pH balanced.
4. Anti pruritic.
6. Deodorizing (subtle fragrance).
7. Not expensive at all (if we use one wipe a day, the pack lasts me for almost a month!)
8. Wipes are super easy to carry and use (unlike face washes where water is needed or face fresheners where a cotton is needed).
Cons of Good Look Refreshing Facial Wipes Jasmine:
This is just one – Not easily available (but I know this store just 2 minutes from my place which always keeps the wipes, hence not an issue for me).
Will I repurchase it? – I have already repurchased about 6 times, and I sure am going to continue.
Rating – 4.5/5
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
How to Look Good in Pictures
How To Stay Fit and Look Good During Pregnancy
Facial Wipes War: Estonia Refreshing Facial Wipes vs Kara Cleansing Wipes
ELF Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths
Yardley London English Rose Refreshing Deodorant Body Spray