Getting glowing skin and looking radiant does not necessarily mean you have to invest in expensive beauty products all the time. You can get equally satisfying, or perhaps even better results with items in your kitchen cupboard or refrigerator. Zero in on your specific skin type and follow these home remedies for glowing skin regularly. In no time, you will flaunt the skin you always craved!
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin For Normal Skin Types:
• Mix the juice of half a tomato or orange with two tsp yoghurt. Massage your face with this preparation with upward strokes for a few minutes. Keep on till it dries and then wash off with cold water.
• Massage your face using the inner part of a papaya peel. When it dries, wash with cold water.
• Grind half cup cabbage or press out the juice from the resulting pulp. Apply and cleanse it off after it dries. You can do the same thing with a small carrot.
• Use the inner part of apple peels to massage your face and wash off with cold water when dry.
• Rub an ice cube on your face. Pat dry. This helps to improve blood circulation and brings a natural glow to the skin.
• Boil a handful of lemon grass in some water. Cool and strain. Pour into an ice tray and freeze. Use the ice cubes as directed above.
• Beat an egg white and massage onto the face in upward strokes. Once dry, wash off thoroughly with cold water. Tone skin with rose water and lemon juice mixture to get rid of any lingering smell.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin For Dry Skin Types:
• Mash half of a ripe banana. Mix into it 1 tsp honey and apply. Wash off with cool water when dry.
• Soak a handful of poppy seeds overnight. Grind with just a little bit of milk to make a thick paste. Apply on the face and wash off when dry.
• Massage face daily with ¼ tsp salt dissolved in two tsp of raw unboiled milk using circular upward strokes. Wash when dry. Skip the salt if you have acne.
• Grind 10 raw peanuts with just enough milk to make a medium consistency paste. Add ¼ tsp honey and apply on your face. Wash with cold water when it dries.
• Mix 1 tsp malai, 4 drops of coconut or olive oil and a pinch of turmeric. Apply mixture on your face. Wash with cold water when it is dry.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin For Oily Skin Type:
• Make paste out of 2 tbsp wheat flour and water. Massage onto face using upward strokes. Let it dry before washing off with cold water.
• Mix equal proportions of raw milk and cucumber juice along with 1 tsp of lemon juice. Apply it on the face and wash with cold water when dry.
• Soak 2-3 tsp methi seeds overnight. Grind into paste next morning, and apply on the face. Once dry, wash off with cold water. The serves as an exfoliant for oily skin.
• 2-3 tsp masoor dal may be soaked overnight. Grind to paste next morning. Apply on the face and wash off with cool water.
• Grate half a cucumber and press to squeeze out its juice. Apply on your face and wash off when dry.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin For Combination Skin Type:
• Make a paste of rosewater, 3-4 tbsps Multani mitti and 10 ground pudina leaves. Keep the pack in the freezer at night. Next day, let it thaw for 10-15 minutes outside and then apply on the face. Wash off after 15 mins.
• Boil some lemon grass leaves in 1L water, till the quantity reduces to half. Cool and strain. Pour liquid into an ice tray and freeze. Rub a lemon grass on the face to increase blood circulation, remove dirt and close the skin’s pores.
For Blemishes, Back Spots and Acne
• Grind a paste with rose water and half a piece of nutmeg or use 8-10 jamun seeds instead. Apply on face. Wash with cold water when dry.
• Squeeze a fresh lemon into a glass of freshly boiled milk. Leave aside for some time, then apply when it cools down and leave on the skin overnight. Wash off next morning.
• In ¾ cup of tomato juice squeeze in half a lemon. Add 5-6 mashed mint leaves and a pinch of black salt to taste. Drink daily morning and evening for a week to cleanse toxins from the body.
• Rub a lemon slice on your face. Leave it on overnight, and wash off next morning.
• Squeeze the juice a ripe tomato and a lemon and massage onto face. Wash off with cold water when dry.
The right diet helps impart a natural glow to your skin from within.
• Drink 12 to14 glasses of water daily.
• Cut down on fried foods and eat more of fresh raw vegetable salads and have fruit for dessert.
• Avoid too many green or red chilies or garlic, and non-vegetarian items if you are prone to breakouts in summer months.
• Detoxify your body once a month by eating only fresh vegetable juices all day.
Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Yoga for Glowing Skin
How to Make Skin Glow: Ask IMBB
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
Powerful Home Remedies For Glowing Skin
Glowing Skin Home Remedies