Colour red indeed looks sexy on lips, but redness accompanied by soreness and peeling is definitely embarrassing. Chapped lips not only make a person self-conscious, they hurt a lot too. The biggest problem with chapped lips is that unlike your skin problems you can not hide it with anything. Try to load your lips with products and they will look more prominent.
I have a bad habit of licking my lips, and so I suffer from chapped lips problem very frequently. At times the condition becomes so worse that my lips split and bleed. No point telling the immense discomfort it creates.
Causes of Chapped Lips:
Some factors that lead to chapped lips are
• Deficiency of vitamins, iron or essential fatty acids.
• Allergic reaction to some chemicals.
• Excessive licking of lips
• Exposure to sun radiations
• Certain medications
• Change in climatic conditions
Home Remedies for Chapped Lips:
• Coconut oil is very effective in treating chapped lips. Simply apply small amount of oil on your lips several times daily.
• Aloe Vera is an amazing healing agent for our skin. Put a small amount of Aloe Vera gel on your lips daily to cure chapped lips.
• Crush some rose petals and add few drops of glycerin on them. Apply it on your lips every night before going to bed. It will help you to retain the color and lost moister of your lips.
• Rub a slice of cucumber on your lips to get rid of chapped lips.
• Apply castor oil on your dry lips to make them smooth and pink.
• Honey is a great moisturizer. Rub some honey to your chapped lips to heal them fast and retain their moisture.
• Apply some mustard oil into your naval. It is one of the most effective remedy to get rid of chapped lips.
• Mix together one tsp each of glycerin, lemon juice and castor oil. Apply this on your lips and leave it overnight. Wipe it off with cotton dipped in water in morning.
• Apply milk cream on your lips to heal the lips and to keep them soft.
• Apply a paste of honey and Vaseline on the lips and leave them for 10-15 minutes. Remove it by using a cotton ball dipped in warm water.
Some Do’s and Don’ts:
• To avoid dry, dark and patchy lips always apply sunscreen on your lips before stepping out.
• Never peel the dead dry skin from the lips.
• Keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water. People who do not drink sufficient water are more prone to get dry lips and dry skin.
• Gently buff your lips, using a soft toothbrush, to get rid of the deposit of dead cells that will cause more drying and flaking.
• Never ever lick of bite your lips, it will cause more chapping.
• Vitamin A rich food, like, carrots, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet to solve the problem of chapped lips.
• Apply lip balm every night prior to sleeping. Use pure shea butter if possible.
Some recommended products:
• EVA Lush Lips Nourishing Lip Balm Strawberry Bite (Review)
• L’Occitane Tinted Shea Butter Lip Balm (Review)
• Blistex Medicated Lip Balm (Review)
• Jovees Lip Balm (Review)
• Lipice Color Lip Balm in Sweet Rose (Review)
• Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm (Review)
• Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm (Review)
• Nivea Lip Care Repair & Protection Lip Balm (Review)
• Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm (Review)
• Bourjois Restoring Night Lip Balm (Review)
What’s your favourite lip care product?
Lips: How to Make Lips Look Fuller
Look Book: Holiday Lips
How to Apply Lipstick for Great Lips
Bobbi Brown Cabo Coral Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks Review
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
Home Remedies for Menstruation Problems
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Anti Aging Skin Home Remedies
Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for White Teeth
Home Remedies for Sunburn
34 thoughts on “10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips”
Great article Era..amazing tips and recommendations!! 🙂 🙂 :waytogo:
nice tips era 🙂
My mom used to apply mutard oil in my navel bachpan mein. Never had dry dry. No doubt i got introduced to lip balms super late in life. Now lip balms are more like addictions than the necessity. I just like use them. :toothygrin:
haha…same here…i have more than 18 lip balms lying around and i still face dry lips at times…my mom used to apply ghee on my naval bachpan me…n i always wondered how massaging the naval with ghee would help in curing dried lips.. 😛
i was searching on net for this frm many days bcs i hav very dry lips ….so it helps me a lot
thanks ERA :yahoo: :yahoo:
deepti you can try elizabeth 18 hour cream as well. Neha has reviewed it. :))
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: Good afternoon everyone!!!
sayani same problem.dry and very chapped.the worst thing they get darker when chapped.
i like em natural :hypnotized:
I regularly use Hot Desi ghee which my mum use to put loads of on my parantha.. it is easy-peasy & makes Lips so Healthy. :yahoo: . Nice & a Helpful Article Era.. :thanks: :thanks:
hiiiiiiiiiiiii u hv really given effective remedies which has really worked and it also memorises me the remedies of my grandma which has really a high impact than any other artificial method 😉 thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx :waytogo:
Use lipsticks or lip balms that your lips will look great. To prevent dry lips, use petroleum jelly and wipe thoroughly in your lips, when you are inside at your house. But if you will go out, use lip balms to have shine lips.
Thanks dear…i have pigmented dry lips and feel very embarassed. Simply adore girls with those pink lips…the musard oil tip is new to me..will try that from 2day onwards….