By Nishita P.
We are going through some really hot days, but that cannot avoid us from going out. During these days, our hair gets so frizzy and damaged. And if you live in a place where the humidity levels are high, you will be gifted with uncooperative locks, dry and fluffy ends. I will be showing you some easy steps where in you can increase the strength or the effect of your hair mask to achieve soft, silky and manageable and also to keep your hair conditioned throughout the dry days. This treatment would also help if you live in the area where you have supply of hard water. I use a hair mask/treatment from a well-known brand, adding a good serum and use a particular way/method of treatment for the hair.
I have got deep conditioning hair treatments in spas and salons. Yes, they do carry a different line of products, specifically made for salon and something not sold in the market for us to buy. I have tried to achieve almost the same result as the spa, and I would say that I have been pretty successful. So, let’s get straight into it, I will show you how to make this wonderful hair treatment yourself.
Things we are going to need are:
1. Hair mask/Treatment – I am using Schwarzkopf Q10 Time Restore.
2. Oil-based serum – Moroccan oil (or any oil-based serum).
3. Hot towel.
4. Wide tooth comb.
5. Bottled mineral water/filtered water.
This whole process is going to happen in the shower 🙂
1. Firstly, take a bowl, use half a teaspoon of the hair mask/conditioner (I have shoulder length hair, so double the quantity for longer hair), add 2 pumps of Moroccan oil or your favorite oil-based serum, and mix them well.
2. Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo.
3. Squeeze out excess water out of the hair.
4. The next step is to apply the mixture we made from the roots till the end.
5. Take a wide tooth comb and comb through. This helps spread the mask nicely. Please be gentle.
6. Take a hot towel and wrap it over your head. Keep this for 7-8 minutes.
7. Rinse the hair with mineral water or filter water to make sure all the residue is out of the hair.
8. Use your normal conditioner just on the ends and rinse again with the filtered water.
I would suggest to air dry the hair and not use any product or heat or any tools. The main aim is to give your hair a break and pamper it. This can be done once a week. In the end, you will get really shiny, smooth hair, which would feel incredibly healthy too.
How my hair looks after this method:
Tip: If in case you feel that your hair got greasy, you can reduce the quantity of the conditioner or the treatment product the next time. Also, another tip would be to avoid keeping it for more than 7-8 minutes. Keeping it longer would not harm the hair, but would make it greasy.
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home – DIY
How To Cut Side Swept Bangs At Home: Do It Yourself
Home Remedies to add Volume to your Hair
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
L’oreal Hair Spa Repairing Creambath for Damaged and Sensitized Hair
L’Oreal Hair Spa Extra Nutritive Oil
Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care Intensive Hair Mask
How To Make Hair Silky
How to Curl Hair at Home, Get Curly Hairstyle and Manage Curls
Natural Ways to Straighten Hair at Home, Without the Heat