by Moomal P.
Mehendi holds an immense importance in our culture whether it is the bridal mehendi or Karwachauth, Holi, Diwali, Rakhi. No occasion is complete without this. We also relate the color of mehendi as a parameter of love. I myself like mehendi so much that I apply it on my hands on every occasion. Applying mehendi designs is an art in itself. We spend money on getting those beautiful designs but if it doesn’t give the required color all money goes in vain. Also if the design doesn’t stay for long it hurts 🙂 . So today I will be providing you with some tips as to how you can make your mehendi look dark in shade and make it last long.
Before applying Mehendi you should be clear on which designs you want on your hands so that at the end you are not stuck on something you don’t like. For best results you should use the home prepared mehendi but if that is not possible you should ask the mehendi artist to use good quality mehendi so that you get good results.
- Wash your hands and feet (if applying on feet also) with soap so that there is no dirt or oil on them. This is required so that mehendi is absorbed better. Better absorbed Mehendi will automatically give a dark color.
- Collect all the things required while applying mehendi such as old cloth so that you don’t have to break the design flow in between. Breaking the design flow might give you uneven shades.
- Choose a place which has more light while applying mehendi. Proper light gives a better idea of design, making it more beautiful.
- Don’t sit in sun while applying mehendi and also don’t move your hands to dry it as mehendi might get smudged. We try to dry the mehendi ASAP but let it take its own course of time and the output will be best.
- Do not do waxing, pedicure or manicure after applying mehendi as this may take off the upper layer of skin making your mehendi look dull. It’s better to do these things 3 to 4 days before the occasion.
For Best Results:
- Apply mehendi 1 or 2 days before the occasion. Its give the darkest shade after this duration so on your occasion your hands will look nice.
- It’s better to keep mehendi for long duration (maximum 12 hours). Best idea is to sleep with it and take it off in morning. It’s proven if you keep it for long you are prone to get better color.
- Warm some cloves in a pan and place your hand over it to get the smoke on your hand for the dark color. Remove your hand when it starts hurting.
- After mehendi dries a bit apply a mixture of lemon and sugar over it (powered sugar may also be used).
- When mehendi is fully dried out remove it completely and apply Vicks or pickle oil on it.
- Do not wash you hand after removing mehendi for at least 12 hours. Washing hands might lighten the mehendi color and you will end up having a light shade mehendi.
- Use the sugar and lemon mixture in required amount. Overdoing it might spoil your design.
I hope the tips mentioned will be helpful. Once you get that dark color, your hands will look so beautiful that no one around you will be able to refrain themselves from giving you compliments 🙂 and you can enjoy this for many days with the long lasting tricks of mehendi. Put in use these tricks and do let me know how your mehendi magic worked.
Image Source: 1,
5 Great Ways of Fading Mehndi Designs Quickly
My Karwachauth Makeup and Mehndi 🙂
Mehndi Night Smokey Eye Tutorial
My Mehndi and Makeup for Karwachauth
Mehndi Design Tutorial for Karva Chauth- 2
Sephora Long Lasting Kohl Infinite Beige Review, Swatch
How to Reduce Dark Circles
Most Beautiful Bridal Mehendi Designs
Top Glitter Mehendi Designs
Mehendi or Hair Color: Ask IMBB
Henna/ Mehendi: Facts, Medicinal Uses and Some Designs
Henna- Mehendi Design Tutorial