WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Khadi Pudina Cream Cleanser
This one is for you Rati :)……long long loooong overdue I know.
On a visit to Ahmedabad couple of months ago I went to this Khadi store along with my mom and while she was going through stuff, she told me to check out the counters which seemed to have beauty products-just in case I wanted something for myself. I told her what will I find here for myself and just started looking around to kill time. I was so pleasantly surprised to find so many things which interested me like this cleanser, almond scrub, aloe vera moisturizer, some soaps and many more products which were interesting. Frankly until then I was completely unaware that Khadi had some good beauty and skincare products.
What is the Khadi Pudina Cream Cleanser : A light green coloured ayurvedic cleanser with a slightly pearly kind of creamy texture. It comes in in a plastic bottle with a nozzle type opening. It is an ayurvedic antiseptic cleanser of skin which helps to deep cleanse the skin and help remove dirt & pollutants from skin pores and prepares the skin for further treatment. It can be used as an anti-septic pore cleanser. Ingredients : In each KG contains :
- Mentha Spicata : 0.3 ml
- Aloevera tourn : 1 ml
- Ocimum Sanctum : 10 gms
- Glycerin : 15 ml
- Sodii Biboras : 5 gms
- Sta wax : 30 gms
- Bees wax : 15 gms
- Light Parafin : 65 ml
- Preservative : 3 gms
- Purified water to make 1 kg
Although I am not very sure if this is the complete ingredient list.
Mentha Spicata is Spearmint : A species of mint native to much of Europe and Southwest Asia. Studies show that its essential oil was found to have antifungal activity. It is also considered as an excellent anti-oxidant Ocimum Sanctum : This is nothing but our very famous Tulsi. As we all know, Tulsi has been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda.
Sodii Biboras : Ayurvedic name is Suhaga…Couldn’t find much info, but the only thing I found was that suhaga is used in ayurvedic tablets which are used for regularizing menstrual cycle. Its helps in regularizing menstrual discharge. I cant figure out how it is useful in this cleanser !!!
Instructions to use (on the bottle) :
- Rub on face gently with finger tips in circular motion for 5-6 mins and clean the face with cotton.
How do I use : Take a small quantity of this on a cotton pad to clean each of my eyes and another cotton pad for the face. I finally like to finish my cleaning by splashing water.
Price : Rs. 95 for 210 ml !!! Use within 2 years of manufacturing.
What I like about the Khadi Cleanser :
- For me the ultimate test of a cleanser would be whether it removes waterproof eye makeup and this one does….Yes, it very smoothly removes my Maybelline Waterproof mascara without stinging my eyes and even when it does sting sometimes it is extremely less. The other cleanser that I have is Neutrogena and my eyes sting like hell with that one.
- A tiny coin-size amount is enough to clean the whole face and a similar amount for the eyes.
- Its very very reasonably priced at Rs. 95. Just Rs. 95 for this bottle!!
- I like the mild Pudina fragrance that it gives out. A very very relaxing change from the other cleansers available.
- It gives a very cooling effect after using it on the complete face.
- It is Ayurvedic
- It has a nozzle kind of opening hence you can easily control the amount of cream you want to use.
- Comes in a completely transparent bottle hence very easy to keep a track of how much product is still left. No sudden surprises finding that you are done with your cleaser while cleaning your face.
- I have normal skin. This does not dry my skin at all.
See the below pictures to see how well this cleanser works.. Swatches of different products, starting from left to right….Maybelline colossal Waterproof Mascara, Lakme Eye Artist, NYC Lipstick in brown shade, Lakme lipstick in purplish shade, Maybelline lipstick in pink shade, Colorbar i-define pencil in midnight black, Maxfactor pencil in blue, 2 swatches of eyeshadow in brown. And now for the results!! After 1 swipe…the eyeshadows and Maxfactor eye pencil is gone..The colorbar pencil needs another swipe. All the 3 lipsticks gone in 1 swipe And now finally for the Waterproof mascara After 1 swipe After 2 swipes : All gone. However while removing my eye makeup what I generally do I keep the cotton pad on my eyes for a few seconds and when I take off the pad I can see speckles of mascara on the cotton and another couple of swipes and its all gone.
What I dislike about the Cleanser :
- I had the hardest time thinking abt a negative point and the only biggest negative point I can think abt is its availability. As we all know, Khadi products are not very easily available in the market and even at places where I’ve seen some Khadi products I could not find this cleanser.
So nowadays I use the Khadi cleanser for my eye makeup and Neutrogena for the rest of the face…since I gotta finish that too before it expires . 🙂
Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Would I recommend this to others and re-purchase for myself : Definitely YES if you can manage to find this at a store close to your place. Infact I did get this also for a friend of mine.
Today’s Pick is Pink Willow Square Pendant and it has a little story behind it. 🙂