Khadi Amla Hair Oil Review
I picked this green coloured oil bottle on one of my frequent trips to khadi ashram in janpath.
I have to visit khadi at least once a week to see what’s new or buy some grocery or just try their products. With amla bhringraj and daru haldi this hair oil sounded exotic. I loved the colour and the price the bottle came at and hair oils never go waste.
There is hardly any hair oil which would not suit someone, unlike skin care. Amla is supposed to be good for your skin, if taken orals, skin and allergies. I had long waist length hair until last week but due to work and the Delhi summers I had to get that burden off my head. The shorter your hair is the more often you tend to wash it. Hence the need for better products because you strip your hair of its natural oil even more. The 210 mls of bottle comes at a price of 80 rs.
The manufacturing date, customer care number and batch number is written at the bottom of the bottle.
Like many khadi products the packaging is boring plastic but the green oil colour makes it attractive.
Khadi says the amla hair oil is supposed to stimulate growth of hair, give nourishment to scalp and roots and makes hair stronger.
I found that after getting a massage with this oil, when I was my hair they turn out to be shiner. I feel that my hair have a little more bounce and less frizzy. I know I am saying that about a hair oil but it really does work. Khadi has disappointed me with their conditioner till now and nothing else. I have applied this hair oil 4 times before reviewing it and it really makes my hair shinier. I do not have a prominent hair fall problem but given the ingredients it must work with that too.
I like this amla hair oil and will definitely pick more hair oils to try in near future
Pros of Khadi Amla Hair Oil:
• Lovely ayurvedic amla smell as you open the bottle.
• Cheap. For 80 rs the 210 mls quantity is very good.
• Purity. Somehow I trust the purity of khadi products a little more than the other oils sold in the market
• It works and oiling 2 hours prior to washing hair nourishes the hair. If you can leave it overnight even better.
• I love the green colour of the oil
• I love buying products from khadi.
Cons of Khadi Amla Hair Oil:
• Availability may be an issue.
• The oil is very thick. It is way thicker than your normal oil. My mum had to really rub it vigorously in when she was massaging.
• The strong amla and very jadi-buti like smell may not please some noses.
Ratings of 4.5 on 5 .I love it and will buy it again and try more oils as well.
Love to my sisters
Khadi Pudina Cream Cleanser
Khadi Herbal Hair Conditioner with Vanilla and Honey
Khadi Scrub Silver Moon (With Sandal)
Khadi Amla Hair Oil
5 Body Massage Oils- Khadi, Himalaya, Parachute, Johnson’s
Khadi Moisturizing Cream Kesar, Aloe Vera, Honey
Khadi Pure Rose Water