Skin Type: Dry and occasionally acne-prone
Skin Tone: Fair with neutral undertones
I am a sucker of cute and pretty makeup stuff and especially a bigger fan of eyeshadows since I am obsessed with eye makeup. Today, I am back with eyeshadow reviews after a while and this time I bought a few eyeshadow palettes from the brand, L.A. Colors. They are quite girly and I instantly fell in love with these cute babies the moment I saw them online. Today, I will be talking about L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette in the variant “Charming”. Keep reading to know my verdict.
Six color coordinated shades accent eyes with vibrant color. Long wearing formula glides on smoothly and blends easily. Applicator included.
My Experience with L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Charming:
L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette has recently launched in 4 different variants- In the nude, Earthy, Charming and Delicate. The colour selection in each of the mini eyeshadow palettes is very pretty and is worth the hype. I got 3 of these palettes and left the “In the Nude” variant since I have a good collection of nude palettes.
Packaging: This eye shadow palette comes in a rectangular white coloured mini container and has a total of 6 rectangular eye shadow pans in it. The packaging is quite sleek and the container is covered by a transparent flip-cover with the brand name written on the top of the cover. The flip cover shuts tight in its place. The palette looks very attractive from outside and is travel-friendly as well. All the ingredient details and the shade name are written on the back face of the black container in white font. The palette also comes with its own applicator but unfortunately it is not of much use to me. I prefer using my eyeshadow brushes to do the eye makeup. Overall, the packaging is petite yet very pretty.
Shade and Pigmentation: The shade “Charming” is a beautiful palette which has a mix of stunning shimmery greens, black, brown and white hues. The colour variation in this palette is very catchy and is sure to allure your senses. It will be fun to play with colours from this palette and to create different types of looks. Let’s talk about each of the shades in this palette individually.
Top Row, Left to Right:
1. A stunning white shade that has very light shimmers in it. Pigmentation is decent but it appears a little chalky. It can be used in the inner corners of the eyes or also as a base shade.
2. It is also a shimmery dirty khaki green shade. Good pigmentation and gives a good colour intensity. There are little fallouts in this shade. Shimmers look very subdued and not much visible after swatching. It is ideal to be used in the lid area.
3. Another variant of green shade but this is a much lighter shimmery green colour with golden undertones to it. The colour looks very pretty and goes well with party looks. Great pigmentation and very little fallout in this shade.
Bottom Row, Left to Right:
4. A very beautiful forest green shade which is my most favourite in this palette. It is a party perfect shade and has rich pigmentation. Texture is very smooth but has little fallout problem.
5. A shimmery bronze colour that can be used as a base colour and can be used as a transition shade. It is the most pigmented shade in this palette and has very smooth texture. Only one swipe is enough to get the true colour payoff. No fallout issue.
6. The last shade in this palette is a blackish brown colour that can be used on the outer corners of the eyes for a dramatic eye look. It has fine shimmers in it and it looks very nice when swatched. Great pigmentation and no fallout.
I have swatched all the shades and I loved using the shades. All the shades in this palette are shimmery but these shimmers don’t make you look like a glitter factory. They have the right amount of lustre in them. Usage of a primer is mandatory in the shimmery shades because, shimmers tend to spread all over the face. The pigmentation is very rich for almost all the shades and I actually didn’t expect such a great quality at this low price tag. The colours are really unique and show up on the eyes well. Overall, I would say that the pigmentation of these shades would not disappoint you. They give a beautiful colour-payoff and go with most of the outfits. This palette is perfect for parties and festive events. Overall, the shade range is very versatile and I love it.
Texture and Quality: All the shades have soft texture that blends beautifully on the eyes. These shades have a creamy texture and the quality is definitely good. I usually use an eye shadow brush during application, but you can also apply it using your fingers. Especially for the shimmery shades, finger application is more useful. The shades don’t feel patchy and ensure a smooth finish post application. While applying the shimmery shades, if you use a wet brush, the colour intensity will be more beautiful and they will give a stunning look on the eyes. I mix and match different colours to create different looks. I really loved the way this palette fared for me. In a nutshell, this is a nicely formulated palette.
Staying Power: These shades stay in place for a decent amount of time without any creasing. They last for about 7-8 hours which I think are good at this price value. If you have oily lids, you will definitely need a primer prior to application; otherwise the intensity will gradually fade away. These shades are easy to remove as well. They come off easily with any makeup remover.
Overall: I am impressed with the quality of this palette. The colours are quite unique and versatile. The palette is very pretty and the petite size makes it rather cuter. It is worth giving a try and I definitely recommend it.
Pros of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Charming:
- Travel-friendly packaging.
- Petite size and looks very cute.
- Versatile shade selection.
- Comes in a total of 6 shades.
- All the shades are shimmery.
- Very affordable.
- Has a mix of green, brown, white and black shades.
- Pigmentation is decent for most of the shades.
- Soft texture that blends effortlessly on eyes.
- Delivers a smooth and even finish.
- Does not feel patchy.
- Stays for a decent period of time.
- Does not crease.
- Lightweight formula.
- Very affordable.
- Comes with an applicator brush.
- Gets removed easily with any makeup remover.
Cons of L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Charming:
- Does not come with an applicator brush.
- Some of the shimmery shades have fallout.
- Primer application needed for oily lids.
- Shimmers can spread over the face.
- Some shades need multiple swipes for true colour intensity.
- Applicator brush provided is useless.
- No matte shades in this palette.
- No mirror provided.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase L.A. Colors 6 Color Eyeshadow Palette Charming?
Yes, I highly recommend it and I would like to try other variants from this range.
L.A. Colors Sweet! 16 Color Eyeshadow Brave
L.A. Colors Wine and Roses 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Tea Time 5-Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Stormy Metallic Eye Shadow Palette
L.A. Colors Cosmetics Soiree 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow
L. A. Colors On The Cover Beauty Makeup Kit
Kleancolor 5 Color Eyeshadow Palette – Bahamas
Kleancolor 6 Color Contour Eyeshadow Satin Palette – Nude 2 Bronze
Max Factor X Colour Intensifying Balm Charming Coral
Peripera Peri’s Ink Velvet Charming Coral