Lakme Rose Powder Review
Have you ever heard about the Lakme rose powder? I am sure many of you did. It is a cosmetic but it is not exactly a face compact infact it is a loose powder. The color of rose powder is very natural and goes well with my complexion best. I apply it regularly on my face.
Whenever I have to go to the party or when I have to attend any kind of functions, I apply the face compact of another company, but for the casual or daily makeup the Lakme rose powder is excellent. It gives the natural look to my face and gives the feeling of using a light compact.
I think it is the best product to use for the regular basis. This powder is also safe for my skin and causes no pimple or no irritation on my skin. I don’t have any problem and I am using it since one year. So today I am here to review the same.
What Lakme claims about Rose Powder:
- Foundation make-up in a powder format- gives a flawless radiant look.
- Contains rose fragrance to keep you fresh, contains sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays.
- Gives a flawless radiant look.
Its Price: It is priced at 80/- for 40 g
- Soft Pink (for fair skin tones)
- Warm Pink (for whitish to dusky skin tones)
Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Sterate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium hydroxide, Steric Acid, Perfume, Rosa Damascena Extract,Phenoxy Ethanol, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.
Buying Lakme cosmetics is always tricky as you’ll never know if the product you picked will be a good match for you or if you’ll just ended up wasting money on something that you won’t be able to use. So, I think it’s great when makeup companies come up with inexpensive kits that will allow you to try shades at a time to see which one better suits your skin tone and test if you like the texture, coverage, etc. I got the one in Warm Pink, this is the 2nd time I am buying it. The powder is very smooth & finely milled. It is light pink in color & has a lingering rose fragrance. It comes in a large brown color jar, the top of which has five little holes so that you can control the amount of powder. Also a powder puff is supplied with the pack.
What I liked about Lakme Rose Powder:
- Its silky smooth texture glides on and sets to a velvety finish that refreshes and evens the appearance of the complexion.
- Exclusively formulated for daily use, it ensures that your complexion looks its best across the day.
- It is suitable for all skin type & the quantity is huge.
- Two different variant are available so you can choose according to your skin type.
- The packaging is strong and good. It comes in a sturdy plastic tub with two lids. The upper lid is screwed on and the inner one is made up of transparent plastic with 5 tiny holes, so that u can pour the required quantity of the powder as per your need.
- The lower lid avoids messy spills and makes application easy and hygienic, leaving your skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours
- It has sweet rose fragrance to it , although the fragrance lingers only for a little while after application.
- There is also a small puff provided along with the pack for the ease of application.
- The lakme rose powder is light pink in color, that suits me just fine (unlike the white face powders available in the market.)
- I have been using this for the last 1 year now but I haven’t noticed any break outs.
- Although it didn’t keep the oil at bay for the whole day but it did so for several hours.
- Very decently priced, so even if it doesn’t work out for you, you don’t lose much.
What I don’t liked about Lakme Rose Powder:
- The coverage is light to medium, so if you’re looking for a full coverage compact powder that will cover scars and other serious imperfections, or simply want something that will give your skin a dewy finish, this isn’t really for you.
- It claims to have sunscreen, but there is no mention of the SPF content.
- Although it has only 5 holes to check the flow of the powder, but I found the holes doesn’t allow the powder to come out appropriately. I have to tab the back of the case to let the powder out.
- The lid is sometimes hard to open especially if I’m in a hurry in the morning.
- The puff provided is not feathery instead very rough & irritating.
- I wish it comes in 4/5 variants in future.
Overall, Lakme Rose Powder is a handy and inexpensive way to try a compact. It has a fine texture that’s easy to blend, feels light on and offers medium coverage with a matte finish. It does a great job as a daily makeup material that lasts all day. However, some people may prefer something with a fuller coverage or different finish. I’ll definitely repurchase it & recommend all to give it a try…
34 thoughts on “Lakme Rose Powder Review”
i have this powder and couldn’t love it more. it’s just right for my dry skin and doesn’t dry it out further. it’s something that will always be with me, but i’m looking at other powders that give more sheen to the skin. i personally don’t feel that this gives any kind of coverage. it’s just a good setting powder, not even a blotting one. and the quantity is amazing!!!!!!
hi rima gd morning,i hv oily skin so it helps to keep the oil at bay for several hours for me , i just love this!!! n really the quantity is huge 😀 :laugh:
if u find a better product pls pls let us know, :blush:
I use this powder everyday. It’s really good for everyday use, if not amazing! I have an oily and pimple prone skin and this product doesn’t break me out (yay!) :yes: and doesn’t really give a bad coverage too. Have been using it for the past few months and so far am satisfied with it’s effect! Also, considering the price, the quantity given is awesome! 😀
hey priyanka, u know even i have a bit pimple prone skin & so far it didn’t broke me up too…… :blush:
for me the coverage is v light just perfect for my daily office makeup. :yes: m using it for the last 1 year n really very satisfied!!!!
Broke me out 🙁
oh really so sad!!!! :-/ do u have oily skin ki????
I was actually thinking since a long time abt buying this but after reading the above 2 comments…I am having double thghts now…I knw it will nt break me out since I dont hve oily skin like ki..but not too confident abt it too
hi HD, Ithink u should ask the SA to provide you the tester if available , apply n leave it on for a couple of hours & then decide. 😉 i have oily/sensitive skin bt it worked wel for me so i dont think it will let u down… just check it out…
i guess even u r a working lady na, then it ‘ll be perfect for your daily use… :yes:
thats a good idea…I normally follow this when buying anything…80 bucks is worth is risk i think..will try
I would buy it especially for putting powder underneath my eye while doing my eyeshadows. 🙂 Thanks for the review and yes, it does suit a lot of people.:)
hey rati, it is a perfect idea, :yes: :yes: it is a loose powder so u can dust it out very easily. also it has a pinkish tone so will go wel with ur complexion…. 😉
Whenever I see this powder in shops, I remember Rima..But somehow the pinkish shade makes me doubtful if it would suit..I think I will try this soon and see..If it works fine, then its a sure buy 🙂
Thanks for the review Sush.
hi poornima, dont worry about the pinkish tint ,isn’t like the pink blush. just the color is pink bt the effect is like any face powder…it will suit u. just give it a try.. :drool: :drool:
I had bought Lakme rose powder long back, around one year ago from the canteen and being me dumb, I picked up the wrong shade and it makes my face so greyish……BTW, its selling like hot cakes in the defence canteens….one day, new stock arrives and the next day, it disappears from the racks…wonder what these ladies are doing with so much rose powder….. ?:-) ?:-) ?:-) ?:-)
.-= jomol´s last blog ..HUGE GIVEAWAY ON INDIAN MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG =-.
oh really!!! i guess the ladies wanna seduce the defence men, they are very smat with a great personality na… he he 😉
bot it in warm pink
will def break me out so i use it sparingly
oh really so sad!!! it works great on me.. quite happy.. btw wat do u use as a face powder/compact??? we both hv oily/sensitive shin na… so i can check out….. :snicker: 😉
my name is sneha i have an oily skin,which type of make up powder can i use for my face .
I just bought this powder today to apply it during eye shadow application. After reading the reviews I do not regret for buying it.
I am addicted to Revlon Colorstay and Dior compact powder. Both give good coverage, but the price ????ugh…. I am glad to discover this one today..
Thank you all for the helpful reviews :highfive:
its inexpensive for a loose powder…. :woot:
Inexpensive, huge quantity and much better than those white face powders. Love it!
well i like this product
which cream suitable for lakme rose powder
hey sush, thanks for your review on the product as i have never used powders or any make up on face so far and came across this lakme loose powder just today.. you have mentioned that the puff isn’t good, in case i go ahead and buy it would a powder brush help? how do you apply it then? do let me know so i can place the order… thanks again..