WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lakme Rose Powder Review
Have you ever heard about the Lakme rose powder? I am sure many of you did. It is a cosmetic but it is not exactly a face compact infact it is a loose powder. The color of rose powder is very natural and goes well with my complexion best. I apply it regularly on my face.
Whenever I have to go to the party or when I have to attend any kind of functions, I apply the face compact of another company, but for the casual or daily makeup the Lakme rose powder is excellent. It gives the natural look to my face and gives the feeling of using a light compact.
I think it is the best product to use for the regular basis. This powder is also safe for my skin and causes no pimple or no irritation on my skin. I don’t have any problem and I am using it since one year. So today I am here to review the same.
What Lakme claims about Rose Powder:
- Foundation make-up in a powder format- gives a flawless radiant look.
- Contains rose fragrance to keep you fresh, contains sunscreen to protect from harmful UV rays.
- Gives a flawless radiant look.
Its Price: It is priced at 80/- for 40 g
- Soft Pink (for fair skin tones)
- Warm Pink (for whitish to dusky skin tones)
Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Sterate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminium hydroxide, Steric Acid, Perfume, Rosa Damascena Extract,Phenoxy Ethanol, Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben.
Buying Lakme cosmetics is always tricky as you’ll never know if the product you picked will be a good match for you or if you’ll just ended up wasting money on something that you won’t be able to use. So, I think it’s great when makeup companies come up with inexpensive kits that will allow you to try shades at a time to see which one better suits your skin tone and test if you like the texture, coverage, etc. I got the one in Warm Pink, this is the 2nd time I am buying it. The powder is very smooth & finely milled. It is light pink in color & has a lingering rose fragrance. It comes in a large brown color jar, the top of which has five little holes so that you can control the amount of powder. Also a powder puff is supplied with the pack.
What I liked about Lakme Rose Powder:
- Its silky smooth texture glides on and sets to a velvety finish that refreshes and evens the appearance of the complexion.
- Exclusively formulated for daily use, it ensures that your complexion looks its best across the day.
- It is suitable for all skin type & the quantity is huge.
- Two different variant are available so you can choose according to your skin type.
- The packaging is strong and good. It comes in a sturdy plastic tub with two lids. The upper lid is screwed on and the inner one is made up of transparent plastic with 5 tiny holes, so that u can pour the required quantity of the powder as per your need.
- The lower lid avoids messy spills and makes application easy and hygienic, leaving your skin feeling comfortable and supple for hours
- It has sweet rose fragrance to it , although the fragrance lingers only for a little while after application.
- There is also a small puff provided along with the pack for the ease of application.
- The lakme rose powder is light pink in color, that suits me just fine (unlike the white face powders available in the market.)
- I have been using this for the last 1 year now but I haven’t noticed any break outs.
- Although it didn’t keep the oil at bay for the whole day but it did so for several hours.
- Very decently priced, so even if it doesn’t work out for you, you don’t lose much.
What I don’t liked about Lakme Rose Powder:
- The coverage is light to medium, so if you’re looking for a full coverage compact powder that will cover scars and other serious imperfections, or simply want something that will give your skin a dewy finish, this isn’t really for you.
- It claims to have sunscreen, but there is no mention of the SPF content.
- Although it has only 5 holes to check the flow of the powder, but I found the holes doesn’t allow the powder to come out appropriately. I have to tab the back of the case to let the powder out.
- The lid is sometimes hard to open especially if I’m in a hurry in the morning.
- The puff provided is not feathery instead very rough & irritating.
- I wish it comes in 4/5 variants in future.
Overall, Lakme Rose Powder is a handy and inexpensive way to try a compact. It has a fine texture that’s easy to blend, feels light on and offers medium coverage with a matte finish. It does a great job as a daily makeup material that lasts all day. However, some people may prefer something with a fuller coverage or different finish. I’ll definitely repurchase it & recommend all to give it a try…