WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
First of all, thanks to Rati for her Lazy Tut which suddenly reminded me of these cream shadow paints from L’Oreal Paris HIP range which i got as gift but not put into much of use for long time. I think the entire HIP range is amazing with some lovely products like these cream shadows, eyeliners, highlighters and many more. As the name (HIP = High Intensity Pigments) suggests these are extremely intense, highly pigmented cream shadows which comes in 6 metallic shades; Witty, Secretive, Commanding, Nervy, Steely and Lofty.
I would be reviewing the shade 817 Nervy (a taupe) which is my favorite among the lot.
Description: L’Oreal Paris claims that the HIP Cream Shadow Paints provide creamy and luminous color and stunning and intense shadow. It comes in a custom compact with an application well with a professional small brush.
Price: Approximately $12 for 0.25 OZ/7.2 G.
The product comes packed in a cute little case, inside which you can find a small metal tube containing the e/s, and a small brush. Though the brush is not that bad I prefer using my fingers for blending since it is easier that way. You can really use these cream shadows alone because once they set, they do not move/crease/smudge. Like I need to take them out with an oil-based cleanser. They also work great as an eye shadow base, similar to your MAC paint pots, especially for those of you who see your eye makeup disappear through out the day. I have tried both ways and completely satisfied with the outcome!! I wore this cream eye shadow paint for more than 9 hours in one day and not at all did the cream eye shadow fade or crease at all. In fact these don’t even really look like cream eye shadows, they look more like powder eye shadows once dry. I liked the fact that just a dot size of the product is required for each eye for a smooth and even finish and you can even layer upon for a more intense look.
Yes, I am quite impressed with these; they are, without exception, perfectly pigmented, slightly metallic/shimmery but in no way OTT, and exceptionally blendable while still staying put. You have to be really quick with whatever you wish to do with them on and around the lid area before they start to set, and once they’ve set, they won’t go anywhere without eye makeup remover.
Just a single swipe of the e/s on my hand looks like this:
Here it is when swatches twice on hand:
On my eyes it looks somewhat like this, though I felt the camera could not pick up the exact shade:
You can see the swatches of all six shades HERE
What I like the most in L’Oreal HIP Paris Cream Shadow Paint
• Great pigmentation and a little go a long way with this product.
• Though the shades are metallic, these are perfect even for daily/office use if blended properly.
• The staying power is amazing! Once it dries, it will not budge/crease at all.
• Ultra smooth, creamy texture which makes it super easy to blend; only thing you have to be quick before it sets.
• No need to use a primer beneath this eye shadow.
• This is a 2-in-1 product – can be used alone or as an excellent base for your powder eye shadows for a vibrant look.
• Convenient packaging with a small brush and an application well where you can mix the shadows.
What I didn’t like about L’Oreal Paris HIP Cream Shadow Paint
• Each individual shade retails @ around $12 which is pricey for the quantity it offers. But i think these could be grabbed at amazing discounts at some drugstores abroad.
• Not yet available in India.
• Packed in a metal tube which after few times of use gets kind of wrinkled and becomes difficult to squeeze out the product. . Also it leads to wastage since sometimes on squeezing more quantity of the product comes out than what is required. I would’ve preferred these in pots!
If ever you can lay your hands on these shadow paints do grab them without fail, its worth all the hype, and I recommend this to those of you who are lazy for touch-ups in between or to use a primer beneath your powder e/s- this will undoubtedly be your best friend!!
My Rating would be 4 out of 5.
Have You Used L’Oreal Paris HIP Cream Shadow Paint Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
L’Oreal Paris HiP Concentrated EyeShadow Duo in Mischief
L’oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss Moon Crystal
L’Oreal Glam Shine Cream Lipstick
L’Oreal Made For me Naturals Lipstick
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
L’oreal Color Riche Accords Intense Lipsticks
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail Polish
Nail Paint Shades
MAC Painterly Paint Pot vs MAC Concealer
6 New Nail Paint Shades at Colorbar
Colorbar Nail Paint- Orangalicious!
VOV Nail Paint French Manicure Kit
Cutify your Makeup Brushes : Paint the Ends
How to Use Pigments