WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am going to review one of my current loves today – the L’Oreal X-Tenso Care Nutri Reconstructor Shampoo – Straight. A few words about my hair type before I write about it, I get my hair rebonded once every year, as I am a total sucker for straight and manageable hair. Unlike common belief and reviews, rebonding does not destroy your hair as much as people think it does. What does destroy it is if it is not done from a good salon, usage of the wrong shampoos and conditioners, lack of proper and meticulous after-care and if you miss regularly trimming your hair.
So, I got my hair rebonded for the 5th time last year around October and I was taking good care of it. However, my schedule went a little crazy with back-to-back travel from April–June, so I missed my regular oiling sessions and masks. Around the beginning of this month, I noticed that the ends of my hair had turned rough and frizzy because I missed my regular trim and care, so I ran to the salon for it.
This knight in shining armour at the salon found out that I had been using the wrong shampoo and conditioner that is not meant for rebonded hair. So, he asked me to try this shampoo to manage the frizz and retain the rebonding effects.
Rs. 499 for 230 ml.
X-Tenso care nutri reconstructor shampoo with anti-dryness action gently cleans straightened or relaxed hair respecting the fiber integrity.
Technology: Pro-Keratin+incell a fusion of two reconstructive technologies for the hair that brings lipids and amino acids, essential components of the fiber. Associated with botanical extract the formula recharges depleted moisture levels and controls volume.
Result: Hair is like rebuilt, deeply nourished with controlled volume.
Directions For Use:
Distribute on wet hair and emulsify. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary. Then, apply the mask of same professional line X-Tenso Care.
Nice flip-top plastic bottle.
My Experience with L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Nutri-Reconstructor Shampoo:
I love love love this shampoo. I have not bought the conditioner or the hair mask from the same range. I use this shampoo with my regular L’Oreal Serie Expert Conditioner. Even when used with that conditioner, this shampoo does wonders in controlling frizz and making hair manageable, super smooth and shiny.
My hair looks and feels healthy after shampooing with this and I have noticed that it has helped in retaining the smooth rebonded look for my hair. It has a fantastic detangling effect too.
Pros of L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Nutri-Reconstructor Shampoo:
- Amazing formula for retaining the effects of rebonding and making straight hair stay straight.
- Nice liquid texture that lathers on the hair very easily.
- Specially formulated and meant for rebonded hair and a whole range of hair mask, serum, and conditioner available from the same range.
- Great detangling effect and makes hair shiny and oh-so-smooth!
- Does not weigh down my hair even though I have fine hair.
- Controls frizz wonderfully. My friend who doesn’t have rebonded hair but suffers from frizz used this last week and she was raving about it. It controlled her frizz and tamed her hair very well she said.
- Nice clean smell that stays on the hair even after 2 days of shampooing! I feel like I have just come out of the salon after using this.
- It is pretty economical, as this bottle will easily last me 2 months (with 3-days-a-week usage).
Cons of L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Nutri-Reconstructor Shampoo:
- The effect stays on the hair for about 2-3 days. The TBS Rainforest range fares much better in this respect.
- The bottle is not travel-friendly.
- Availability, so far I have only seen this in a very few salons as it is meant for in-salon use.
- Contains SLS and a host of other chemicals. However, I did not see any parabens listed.
I have fine hair that is generally healthy and behaves itself as I take very good care of it (read no heat or blow drying at all, no styling products, regular oiling, natural hair masks). The only abuse it goes through is the yearly ritual of rebonding. I am not sure if this shampoo would work wonders for people who have very coarse or frizzy hair as a result of rebonding or otherwise. It did work very well on my friend who has moderately frizzy and wavy hair.
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour
L’oreal Professionnel Shine Perfecting Serum Liss Ultime
L’Oreal Professionnel Play Ball Silky Sunrise Serum Spray
L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Liss Control Plus Smoothing Serum
L’Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Force Vector Glycocell Reinforcing Anti-Breakage Masque
L’Oreal Professionnel Series Expert Liss Ultime Masque
L’Oreal Professional Liss Ultime Heat Protectant
L’oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Conditioner with Neofibrine
L’oreal Professionnel Crystal Gloss Tecni Art
L’oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo
Sunsilk Keratinology Detoxifying Shampoo
Fabindia Silk Protein Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Silky Straight 24/7 Strengthening Shampoo
Forest Essentials Rose Absolute Shampoo & Conditioner