Spinach is a power food and has been a vital source of important nutrients to our body. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals and is a perfect power compact food to add to our diet. Surprisingly, this super food also aids in weight loss and can keep you satisfied for longer. Yes, you can lose weight with spinach. Indian food serves spinach as palak panner and saag (North Indian). Let’s find out how to add spinach in your daily diet and shed off those unwanted fat.
Why you need spinach in your diet? Spinach contains vitamin A, folic acid, calcium, vitamin K1 and vitamin C.
1. Vitamin A
• Protects your eyes from night blindness and age-related decline.
• Supports a healthy immune system.
• Reduces your risk of acne.
• Supports bone health.
• Promotes healthy growth and reproduction.
2. Folic Acid
• Folic acid helps your body produce and maintain new cells, and also helps prevent changes to DNA that may lead to cancer.
• Folic acid is usually prescribed to pregnant women.
3. Vitamin C
• Vitamin C is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It also helps in formation of collagen, keeps skin and teeth healthy.
• Human body needs calcium to build and maintain strong bones. Your heart, muscles and nerves also need calcium to function properly.
5. Vitamin K1
• Vitamin K is good for Heart Health. vitamin K play an important role in preventing heart disease.
How to Lose Weight with Spinach:
1. Green Smoothie:
Try a green smoothie in breakfast. Make a smoothie/low-fat milk shake and add handful of fresh spinach leaves. You can either use raw leaves or boil it for few minutes and add it into the blender. You can hardly taste spinach in the drink. It will definitely look a lot green but won’t taste that bad.
2. Add it to Vegetables:
Add chopped spinach leaves in your vegetables. Whichever vegetables you are cooking, you can easily add handful of spinach leaves to the veggies. It will look a lot colourful and will be healthy at the same time.
3. Spinach Roti
An another way to add spinach in your diet is through roti. Spinach roti is simply made by adding chopped spinach leaves and some spices, salt to the wheat flour, kneading the dough by adding little water and roasting the roti with low fat butter.
4. Spinach Daal
Just add handful of spinach leaves into the tempering (tadka) and cook as usual. Your usual lentils is turned into spinach lentil.
5. Spinach Salad
Add spinach leaves to your salad bowl. Top it up with low calorie dressing and voila you have literally added spinach in every meal!
Tip: To loose weight you need to make sure that you are eating lower calories and burning more fat. Cardio is an another way to burn it off.
How to Lose Weight from Hips and Thighs without Exercise
How to Lose Weight Without Exercise
How to Lose Weight With PCOS
How to Reduce Weight and Increase Height
How to Lose Weight in One Month- Diet Chart for Weight Loss (Part 2)
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
10 Golden Rules to Weight Loss
Ultimate Green Smoothie for Weight Loss: Do-it-Yourself
J.Cat Beauty The Big Eye Pencil – Spinach