WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Lotus Natural Blend Swift Makeup (Stick Foundation) review
For many days I had been looking for a foundation that has the following characteristics:
1) It should not be liquid or mousse-I have them both 2) It should be light weight and non-comedogenic (not clogging pores) 3) Should not be cakey and finally 4) Should be very close to my skin tone. Surfing through stores , I came across the Lotus Natural Blend Stick foundation and found that it claims to satisfy my first two criteria :D. When I went to the store to actually buy it-I got confirmed on my third wish but got a little confused on the fourth. This was when the SA (for one of the few times in life) helped me out and suggested me a shade that I found to be suiting my skin to the T! Me Happy!!!!
Lotus Natural Blend Swift Makeup SPF 15: Price Rs 249 Shade: Natural Beige
First of all I got quite happy with the price-because I thought Okay! Even it doesn’t suit me-its not actually going to hurt me much . 🙂 One thing I don’t like about Lotus Herbals is that their website does not give the shade details-so I had to go to the Lotus counter with a blank face and ask- “Show me the stick foundation of my skin tone!!!! (Trust me-Its smarter to go to the store and mention the shade names- the SAs at once know this is a practiced customer 😀 )
This is what the Lotus Herbals Website says about the Lotus NaturalBlend Swift Makeup-
“All-in-one make-up that works like a foundation, a concealer & a compact, with sun protection. Its smooth application creates an even skin tone, conceals imperfections & blends easily for a matte effect, without caking or clogging pores.”
Description of the Product: The stick foundation is about an inch in diameter and comes in a twist up red container with a lid having a clear top. Frankly-I don’t like the packaging –it is not classy like the Lotus Natural Blend blush’s-but off course that’s not an issue. The stick is about 1.5 inches in length and promises sufficient amount for its price.
My Take on the Product:
When the SA swatched it on the back of my palm, I was confused as it looked some pinkish beige in color that I thought would stand out on my face (pink makeup!!! Noooo). However, after swatching it on my jawline-I decided to go for it. Coming home-I did my full face with it and Voila! I knew I had my next HG foundation!! (after Revlon New Complexion Makeup-that is) This is what I felt after applying the Lotus Natural Blend foundation which says “Four in One foundation- concealer-with a matte powder finish-yet moisturizing” (That is what is written on the product container ☺) :
1) It feels very light on skin
2) It is extremely easy to blend
3) It gives medium coverage
With this view-I wore it for a full day occasion and thereby could know about its pros and cons in yet further details.
Pros of Lotus Herbals NaturalBlend Swift Makeup
1) It didn’t break me out or irritate the skin in any way
2) It blends effortlessly and evenly. Non sticky-no mess formula. Simply dab in dots or long streaks and blend outwards
3) Non cakey-this is “Photography safe”!!! It means your face won’t look like a 50 Watt CFL bulb in photos after using this foundation-guaranteed!!!!
4) The tone of the foundation has suited my skin tone to the T. I guess it would suit most of the Indian cool-wheatish tones. There are two other shades available-but their names are not listed on the website and I don’t remember them . 🙁
5) Stays for long. The foundation makes the look completely natural and doesn’t fade/darken even after a whole summer-day wear
6) Claims to have SPF 15. Has a nice fragrance
Cons of Lotus Herbals NaturalBlend Swift Makeup SPF 15
1) No ingredient list is mentioned – neither on the product , nor on the website.
2) It is very creamy- and the finish comes out to be sheer rather than powdery matte on my normal to oily skin. I don’t think this will be a good option for very oily skin. But for normal to dry skin –this can be the “Oh so Right” foundation
3) My skin felt a bit oily after sometime of application-which I neutralized with buffing some compact
4) Coverage is medium.
I would rate this product: :-* :-* :-* :-* and would purchase this even before it ends 🙂
That’s me wearing this foundation with Maybelline Whitestay UV Compact and some blush 🙂
Have you used Lotus Herbals Natural Blend Swift Makeup SPF 15? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
Lotus Herbals Makeup Counters in India
Lotus Herbals Lip Therapy Chocolate Review
Kajal Wars : VLCC vs Lotus Herbals vs Himalaya
Lotus Herbals Translucent Loose Powder Review
Lotus Herbals Lip Colour Review–Rose Wood & Perky Peach
Lotus Herbals Launches 10 New Pure Lip Colors