The Battle of the Gel Eyeliners: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack V. Wet ‘n’ Wild Eyes Crème Liner in Black
As a desi woman I am on an indomitable quest to find the perfect black eyeliner. If I was only allowed to carry one makeup item to a deserted island, it would no doubt be a black eyeliner (too bad there won’t be anyone else there to appreciate my perfectly defined eyes)! Kohl, kajal, surma, liquid, pencil and gel- it really doesn’t matter anymore, as long as it works well I’ll be satisfied and repurchase!
Perfect eyeliner? Johnny Depp seems to have found the answer! Wasn’t that what the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were all about? Now was it Curse of the Black Eyeliner or Black Pearl… Well back to the review! I recently compared two gel eyeliners to and hoped that I would FINALLY find the *perfect* eyeliner for me (and the rest of us!). I have been using MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack as my go-to eyeliner for the past year and recently got my hands on the Wet ‘n’ Wild Eyes Crème Liner in Black, which too is a gel liner. Do the similarities end there? Who will win this deadly duel and emerge victorious and achieve eternal glory in the eyeliner Hall of Fame? Read below and find out!
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Meet the challengers:
According to MAC’s Website, Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof.
While, Wet ‘n’ Wild’s Website boasts that it’s product offers the precision of a liquid liner with the ease of a cream application, this velvet-rich eyeliner provides long-lasting definition in a waterproof formula. Easy-to-use brush included. Price: MAC Fluidline: $15 or 950 INR WnW Crème Liner: $3.99 or approximately 200 INR Packaging:
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
- Both products come in little glass pots with plastic lids. The lids are both meant to be screw-off lids, but somehow the WnW lid just pulls off.
- You get about 3 grams or .10 oz of product in the Blacktrack pot and 3.8 grams or .13 oz in the WnW Crème Liner pot.
- With heavier glass and studier plastic, the MAC packaging is sleeker than the WnW. The Wet n Wild product is a lot lighter though, and if you feel your cosmetic case or handbag is getting to heavy that might be a plus for you.
- Both eyeliners can be applied with eyeliner brushes. The MA’s at MAC suggest using a firm, flat liner brush for application and WnW gives a similar but shorter handled brush with their product. I personally use a thin eyeliner brush for applying both of the products on my upper lash line and dip a liner pencil in the gels to apply liner on my waterline.
- Though both are gel eyeliners, WnW is a little more ‘wet’ or ‘liquidy’ than the MAC. This poses a problem while applying it because sometimes it’s harder to control. The MAC a little thicker and doesn’t run at all when being applied.
- Both products dry fairly quick; within 15 seconds of putting the eyeliner on you can blink, tug etc.
Color Pay Off
- When it comes to color pay off, the WnW is a lot darker and richer than the MAC. While the MAC can in no way be described as a ‘soft black,” the WnW is noticeable as being a blacker-black.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Note: Product is swatched on MAC NC 40 skintone
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- When used without an eye primer the Wet ‘n’ Wild eyeliner outlasts my MAC Fluidline. So while I would wear Fluidline for a night out, I would trust Wet ‘n’ Wild to last me all day.
- On me, Fluidline starts smudging after a few hours. And it’s not a color bleed kind of smudge, but it’s a crumbling kind of smudge. Almost like the eyeliner dries up and starts making it way downward. Sometimes after wearing the liner for 5+ hours, my eyes get itchy and I get the constant urge to rub them. But considering this doesn’t happen every time I wear it, I feel that there might be some other factors at play that contribute to the dryness.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild on the other hand, seems to last all day and doesn’t budge at all once I make it past the first 15 seconds on application.
- Both eyeliners stay on even after I wash my face and while it takes about 1-2 swipes of makeup remover to get MAC Blacktrack off, it takes a really long time and lots of remover to get the Wet ‘n’ Wild eyeliner off.
The Bottom Line
- Wet ‘n’ Wild’s Mega Eyes Crème eyeliner outshines MAC’s Fluidline in terms of Cost, Product Amount, Color Pay Off and Lasting Power.
- MAC Fluidline on the other hand, wins when it comes to Packaging and Ease of Removal.
The Verdict *DRUMROLL*
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
For me Wet ‘n’ Wild clearly wins this round. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack is one of the best eyeliners I have used, but WnW is OUTSTANDING. But fellow MAC fans do not be crestfallen! As someone who hates long makeup removing sessions and loves cute packaging, MAC Fluidline will always have a place in my heart or even more important- in my cosmetics case.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Wet nWild Mega Eyes Crème Liner: :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips