WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Make Up For Ever HD Primer Review
Make Up For Ever HD Primer Claims : light, non greasy skin perfector that improves skin’s appearance and primes it for makeup application.
Price : Rs 1774/- for 30 ml
I have been hunting for a primer for a long time now so I decided to try Make up for ever HD primer. I could have tried MAC primer as well but since I have had zero bad experience with Make Up for Ever products in past, I decided to go with their HD primer.
After using this realized how much difference a primer can make to your makeup.
To tell you a little about my skin type, I have a normal to dry skin.I don’t have any redness on my skin nor do I have any problem of big pores. So I was looking for a primer that is more like a moisturizer for my skin as opposed to pure silica primer that would mattify my skin.
- It’s an oil free primer so I do moisturise my skin before applying it because this primer moisturizes only the upper layers of the skin. I have tried using with without a moisturizer, my skin started feeling uncomfortable. But if you have oily skin, you don’t have to moisturize your skin prior to applying it. The texture of the HD primer is like a moisturiser only. So you pump out a primer on your finger tips and apply it directly on your face.
- I have it in shade 5, which is supposed to add radiance to fair skin and minimize redness. I don’t have any redness on my face so I can’t say much on that front but it doesn’t add any radiance to my face. I kind of mattifies my face and gives a velvetty smooth texture to skin. :inlove:
- It does minimize the appearance of my (small) pores and gives a smooth look to my face.
- Even after 6-8 hours, my foundation looks fresh and my makeup looks intact. HD primer came as a pleasant surprize to me. My blush and foundation did stay longer than the usual. :inlove:
- I don’t think that my foundations look better or worse with this as a base but it does help my makeup last longer and makes it look fresh longer than the usual.
- It didn’t break me out.
- It barely takes seconds to dry up so I don’t have to waste my time between applying primer and foundation.
- It didn’t make my face oily.
- It comes with a pump dispenser so it’s easier to control the amount of product. I apply it directly with my finger tips so there is no wastage of product.
- A little goes a long way. I just need one full pump for all over my face.
- Because of this I am wearing less liquid foundation these days. I just apply the primer on my face, apply cream blush on cheeks and set everything with powder . I am good to go.
- Make up for Ever HD Primer come in 7 variants so you can choose the one for your skin concern. Check out the 7 variants of the HD Primer HERE
Here is the swatch of the primer. I have applied it on dry skin without any moisturizer .
This is after I have blended the HD primer. My skin looked smoother and even after I applied it. I wonder if you can make a difference.. ?:-)
Make Up For Ever HD Primer is not silica free and if you apply more of it, it makes your face look pasty.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Make Up For Ever in India is available at Inorbit Mall , Malad (W) Mumbai