Make Up For Ever HD Primer Review
Make Up For Ever HD Primer Claims : light, non greasy skin perfector that improves skin’s appearance and primes it for makeup application.
Price : Rs 1774/- for 30 ml
I have been hunting for a primer for a long time now so I decided to try Make up for ever HD primer. I could have tried MAC primer as well but since I have had zero bad experience with Make Up for Ever products in past, I decided to go with their HD primer.
After using this realized how much difference a primer can make to your makeup.
To tell you a little about my skin type, I have a normal to dry skin.I don’t have any redness on my skin nor do I have any problem of big pores. So I was looking for a primer that is more like a moisturizer for my skin as opposed to pure silica primer that would mattify my skin.
- It’s an oil free primer so I do moisturise my skin before applying it because this primer moisturizes only the upper layers of the skin. I have tried using with without a moisturizer, my skin started feeling uncomfortable. But if you have oily skin, you don’t have to moisturize your skin prior to applying it. The texture of the HD primer is like a moisturiser only. So you pump out a primer on your finger tips and apply it directly on your face.
- I have it in shade 5, which is supposed to add radiance to fair skin and minimize redness. I don’t have any redness on my face so I can’t say much on that front but it doesn’t add any radiance to my face. I kind of mattifies my face and gives a velvetty smooth texture to skin. :inlove:
- It does minimize the appearance of my (small) pores and gives a smooth look to my face.
- Even after 6-8 hours, my foundation looks fresh and my makeup looks intact. HD primer came as a pleasant surprize to me. My blush and foundation did stay longer than the usual. :inlove:
- I don’t think that my foundations look better or worse with this as a base but it does help my makeup last longer and makes it look fresh longer than the usual.
- It didn’t break me out.
- It barely takes seconds to dry up so I don’t have to waste my time between applying primer and foundation.
- It didn’t make my face oily.
- It comes with a pump dispenser so it’s easier to control the amount of product. I apply it directly with my finger tips so there is no wastage of product.
- A little goes a long way. I just need one full pump for all over my face.
- Because of this I am wearing less liquid foundation these days. I just apply the primer on my face, apply cream blush on cheeks and set everything with powder . I am good to go.
- Make up for Ever HD Primer come in 7 variants so you can choose the one for your skin concern. Check out the 7 variants of the HD Primer HERE
Here is the swatch of the primer. I have applied it on dry skin without any moisturizer .
This is after I have blended the HD primer. My skin looked smoother and even after I applied it. I wonder if you can make a difference.. ?:-)
Make Up For Ever HD Primer is not silica free and if you apply more of it, it makes your face look pasty.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Make Up For Ever in India is available at Inorbit Mall , Malad (W) Mumbai