Today, I am back with another amazing shade from Makeup Forever’s new Artist eyeshadow line – M536 (the M is for matte) or Milk Tea. If you have already read my last review, I would skip to the “My Take” section of this review.
Sephora describes this eyeshadow as “a highly-blendable, gel-powder eye shadow and powder blush with vivid color payoff. Effortlessly create endless eye looks that range from beautifully natural to highly artistic with this unique eye shadow palette. With its breakthrough, gel-powder formula blended with ultra fine pigments, Artist Shadow leaves a smooth, even result that gives lids super-saturated, lasting color. An easily-blendable formula that features diamond, iridescent, matte, metallic, and satin finishes, it is an accessible shadow for the professional makeup artist and the everyday woman.”
Size and Pricing:
A single pan costs $21.00 for 0.07 oz or around 2 grams. This is slightly on the high end of the price I will pay for a single eyeshadow, but the quantity is so much more than what you get from most other eyeshadow pans. This is a seriously BIG eyeshadow pan!
For reference, below is the average price and quantity (for a single eyeshadow) by some commonly used eyeshadows:
Brand Price (in USD) Quantity (in grams):
My Take on Make Up For Ever M536 Milk Tea Artist Eyeshadow:
So, here’s the thing about me – I LOVE neutral eyeshadows! I already have too many but I can’t’ stop buying them! And this colour is also a neutral lover’s delight! The colour is called Milk Tea and it does remind me of the “doodhwaali chai” (tea made from milk) my mom always made for me. It’s this perfect light but warm brown and it is completely matte. It is super pigmented and rich. This colour is also super smooth but not powdery. It definitely has more of a gel feel. It is really hard to explain the “gel” feel of these eyeshadows; it’s smooth, slightly wet, and not powdery.
On me, it lasts very well. I was worried how such a light-warm brown would show up on my eyes which are almost the same colour, but it shows up very well. It’s the perfect “no eyeshadow colour.” It evens out my darker eyelids and hence makes an excellent base colour for a matte look.
One swipe provides enough coverage to cover any discolouration. Because of how close the colour is to my skin tone, it also makes an amazing crease blending colour. Overall, I’m so happy with this eyeshadow!
Here are things I Love about Make Up For Ever M536 Milk Tea Artist Eyeshadow:
- Gorgeous everyday colour.
- It is light brown, but because it is warm, it should suit most skin tones.
- If you have slightly darker or discoloured eyelids, it makes the perfect base eyeshadow.
- For the price, you get an amazing amount of very high quality eyeshadow.
- Because it is such a skin-toney colour, it makes a perfect blending colour to blend together the colours on your eyes. The blending ability is seriously mind blowing!
- The eyeshadow is very pigmented.
- The colour payoff is amazing for a pure matte shade.
- I LOOOOOVE single pots so much (I have to depot everything and ruin half the things in the process).
- This one also lasts forever on me with a primer (Urban Decay or Nars). I have worn it for up to 12 hours and I’m happy to report it did not budge! 😉
Things I’m not so much in-love with about Make Up For Ever M536 Milk Tea Artist Eyeshadow:
- The only real con is availability! In the US, there are probably a few Makeup Forever Boutiques around but for most of us, you have to buy them from a Sephora!
I would rate this eyeshadow 5/5 easily! There is nothing I would change about it. Beautiful everyday colour and definitely worth the hype to me.
Make Up For Ever I662 Amber Brown Artist Eyeshadow
Make Up For Ever ME122 Artist Eyeshadow For Those Who Want Shimmery White Base Shadow
Make Up For Ever M532 Artist Eyeshadow
MAKE UP FOR EVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palette No 4
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5, # 15
Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Matifying Foundation
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Make Up Forever Mist and Fix Makeup Setting Spray
Make Up For Ever High Definition Microperfecting Primer #6 Yellow
How to Become a Makeup Artist
Lakme Lash Artist
Make Up For Ever – Rouge Artist Intense #45
Lakme Eye Artist Pen