Max Factor has an entire range of CC sticks – The Reducer (Green) to neutralize redness, The Revitaliser (Purple) to counteract yellow areas and banish dullness, The Brightener (Yellow) to neutralize purple tones such as under eye circles, The Balancer (Peach) which evens out dark spots in medium skin tones and The Illuminator (Highlighter) that reflects light and illuminates the face. I will be reviewing the “Balancer Medium.” They also have one for lighter skin tones. I came across this one in one of the Max Stores in Dubai (yes, they have Bourjois, Rimmel London, Maxfactor and Maybelline unlike the Max stores in India which sell only apparel). This one is suitable for concealing, correcting and even-ing out skin tone and majorly targets hiding dark spots and pigments. While this aims at neutralizing skin imperfections which generally bother middle-aged women, I feel this works great for everyone and kind of gives you a professional makeup base.
- This colour corrector concealer evens out dark spots in medium skin tones to create flawless skin. Use to precisely conceal and correct to form the perfect base for foundation.
- Peach to balance out dark spots in medium skin tones.
- Precision crayon shape to easily target specific areas of the skin.
- Balmy formula perfectly blends.
- Pencil twists up for easy application.
How To Apply:
- When applying color corrector stick, position your face in balanced lighting – daylight is the best. Avoid lighting that casts on the face.
- Use the crayon to apply directly over the area that requires color correction.
- Gently pat onto the skin and blend the edges.
- When all the areas of the face are color corrected, apply Max Factor CC Cream for a flawless base or directly apply foundation.
My Experience with Max Factor Color Corrector Stick – The Balancer:
I was very excited to see this range of color sticks meaning to correct different types of imperfections in a drugstore brand. I was not aware of any affordable brand which had such a range. The ideal way of using the correcting stick is by drawing lines on the face and the pink stick can be targeted at the dark spots in particular. Once blended properly, it gives a very even tone to the complexion.
More importantly, they have two shades in pink – one for the lighter skin tone and the second one for dark-medium complexion. One can use this under or over the base depending on how you want to use it and it best works on oily and combination skin since it flaked on my dry skin during winters. I would love to try the green and the yellow ones, particularly for my dark circles.
Pros of Max Factor Color Corrector Stick – The Balancer:
- Fun packaging, the crayon looks very appealing.
- It twists up, so there is no need to use a sharpener.
- You just have to dab it on to face or use the crayon directly, eliminates the need of a brush.
- Extremely travel-friendly packaging.
- The crayon helps to take care of specific trouble areas on the face.
- Quite pigmented and smooth.
- Professional color correctors are generally more expensive than what these cost.
- I love the process of application, you can scribble and blend it as required 😛
Cons of Max Factor Color Corrector Stick – The Balancer:
- Not very creamy, so difficult to blend compared to CC creams.
- Does not completely conceal dark spots.
- I’m not sure about the color payoff, I think the color came off slightly while I applied the foundation. So, I had to dab it once again.
- Flakes and does not blend comfortably on dry skin.
4/5 (one negative mark because I still have to use concealer or foundation over it).
Would I Repurchase Max Factor Color Corrector Stick – The Balancer?
Yes, I think so.
Max Factor Colour Adapt Foundation
Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation
Maxfactor Pan Stik Foundation
Max Factor Creme Puff
Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
Bobbi Brown Color Corrector
Kryolan Color Corrector Paint Stick 303
Coastal Scents Undercover Liquid Color Corrector Yellow
Colorbar Ultimate Blemish Corrector
Shiseido Pore Smoothing Corrector
StriVectin-EV Get Even Dark Circle Corrector