WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Makeup is a place where you will never find your Holy Grail. Whenever you stumble upon something good, there you will find something bigger, something better.
I was desperately looking for a good foundation which will give me a medium coverage and a nice “just had a facial” glow. I tried and swatched a number of items, but none of them satisfied me completely.
I am using the Maybelline Dream matte mousse, but it can look pretty drab in the evenings. So, I wanted a little something to jazz up my face. I have found something that closely resembles my Holy Grail.
It is the Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation. It is available in 5 shades, namely-
- Creamy Ivory (40)
- Warm Almond (50)
- Natural (60)
- Golden (70)
- Bronze (80)
Max Factor Mineral Foundation is priced at Rs. 710/- (Indian Rupees) for 10 g. Comes with a brush applicator.
I bought the Bronze (80) shade. It matched my complexion to the T. And I got it at a 20% discount because of some offer they had. (Yay!!)
The Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation claims-
- Buildable natural looking coverage
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Applies evenly
- Doesn’t clog pores. Oil-free
How to use Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation:
- Screw open the lid with brush.
- Quickly turn the pot upside down and back up to gather some powder on to the lid.
- Swirl the brush into the powder. Shake off the excess.
- Apply in small circular strokes all over the face and neck.
- If you want better coverage, repeat the whole process.
- You can apply the powder on blemishes and under eye circles with a small pan cake/eye shadow brush for specific coverage.
The GOOD about Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation-
- It delivers what it promises. In this heat, you want something that is light and makes you look fresh.
- It gives a sheer coverage which you can build up to a medium one. When I applied it alone, I desperately missed having a concealer (I have not used one ever).But when I layered it on top of my Biotique tinted moisturizer, it gave me an even toned skin with a nice dewy look.
- I layered it on my Maybelline Dream matte mousse and it gave me full coverage.
- If you have a flawless skin, this is the perfect product for evening out the skin tone and adding a soft glow.
- Has very fine shimmer which does not show up tackily on the skin. Instead it gives a nice healthy glow to the face.
- A very little goes a long way.
- My skin is pretty sensitive but Maxfactor never gives me breakouts ever. This product is no exception.
- It does apply evenly. Never saw patchiness, streaky or scratchy strokes on my face.
- It is completely odourless.
- It comes with a brush applicator which has all natural bristles. The brush is of uber quality, soft and doesn’t scratch my face.
- The packaging is very good. Comes with a rubber lid which prevents any messy spills. I am carrying it around in my purse these days and no spills.
- It doesn’t clog pores. I do not have acne prone skin but I only break out if I apply a heavy liquid foundation. This was so smooth and light on my face, I kept forgetting that I am wearing it.
- Because of its sheer coverage, I can apply it on top of my entire makeup for touch ups. Rather than hiding my makeup, it adds glow to my blushes and eye shadows.
- It is priced much better than Revlon. (Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation comes for 1050/- ) My mom uses Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation. Bit it’s costlier, grittier, has a total matte finish (which I hate) and the packaging makes it much messier than the Maxfactor one. But if you want a matte finish, Revlon is the one for you.
The BAD about Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation-
- It is Oil free. So if you have a dry skin (like mine.. 🙁 ), you have to apply a generous amount of moisturizer before putting this on. It does not cause dryness even after 3-4 hrs of application if you moisturize your skin properly.
- On the other hand, it is fantastic for Oily/Combination skin.
- If you want a matte finish, this is not the product for you.
- If you want a heavy coverage, this is definitely not the product for you. Although, you can layer it on top of any liquid foundation to get the desired coverage.
- It is a little disappointment in the terms of quantity. But, let’s face it; all mineral foundations are very pricey.
The UGLY about Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation-
- It cannot be used on its own unless you have a prefect flawless skin.
- The application is tricky and needs a little getting used to.
- If you have never used a powder foundation before, you need to follow the How-to’s carefully.
- The product will not hide imperfections and blemishes. Don’t buy this as a foundation; buy it as a foundation top coat. (Can I patent this term?) 😛
- But again, it cannot be used to set the makeup like a compact. It is useful for adding a nice finishing touch and glow. So the use is pretty limited.
- Though I found my perfect shade, they could come up with more ones.
- Contains methyl and propyl parabens. Though I am not allergic to them, some people are.
- I have to do touch ups at least thrice throughout the day.
My overall experience with Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation was good. I am using it almost daily now. But if I have to go out for a long stretch and know I won’t find time for touch ups I prefer to use this on top of my Maybelline Dream matte mousse.
My rating for Maxfactor Natural Minerals foundation–
After this, I so want to try the MAC, TBS and Bare Essentials loose powder. As I said earlier, the Holy Grail is a very elusive term. And we women will never give it a rest.
Until next time..
STOP PRESS: My quick review on LAKME Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle. Do contribute your experience as well if you have used it. :)- Rati