WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
It is not easy to find a perfect pink for any Indian skin tone. Some are lucky to have found it, others are still searching. I found mine, but with my luck, it was discontinued :headbang: (It was Chambor’s Rose something, I even forgot the name now, great! :pray: ). So, I’m always on the lookout for that perfect pink shade. I’m going to print out Rati’s article “39 Pink Lipsticks for All Skin Tones” and the next time I go shopping, I will pin it inside my shirt, so that I don’t lose it! But from my current collection, I do have a pink that suits me, I’m not 100% satisfied with it, but still I like it a lot. It’s the color “Stellar Pink” from Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color. Swatches on its complimentary lip liner has been covered here.
Product Description from the Maybelline Website:
Why You Will Love It:
Fall in love with color, all over again:
- Crisper color from pure pigments.
- Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar.
- Lip color so rich, so stunning, it’s sensational.
- 54 captivating shades.
For Best Results:
Apply your lip color by starting in the centre of your upper lip. Work from the centre to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip. AWARDS: (Does this really matter?! I’d buy a product if I liked it even if it didn’t win any awards).
Glammy Award for Best Products of 2009: Germany
CEW Award for Best Lip Product at Mass: US
It comes in a decent-enough package. I like that the bottom sticker reflects the color inside, so that you can store it upside down and make out the color easily every time you need to reach for it. It’s all plastic, the pink full length cap and the body as well, though the body looks metallic and appears to be so because its very sturdy. It’s a good-quality plastic. I drop my things A LOT :dumb: and have dropped this a million times, but there have been no dents on it whatsoever.
From the different styles of swatches below, I hope you can see that it does have a very creamy texture. It’s not at all sticky, but it tends to accentuate the grooves on the lips because of its creaminess; so you need to spread it with a lip brush for a smooth finish. I do not mind that because I rarely apply lipstick without a lip brush. I love its finish too, it’s not overly shiny, that is always good because then if you want more shine on it, you can top it off with your favourite lip gloss.
These swatches on the finger tips are very true to how they apply on the lips. A technique I learned from Mr. Wayne Goss – the makeup artist, is to always swatch lipsticks on the finger tips!
Why I Love Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – Stellar Pink:
- It’s a nice shade of pink for my wheatish skin tone.
- The price is not at all bad for a good quality lipstick.
- I can adjust the amount of “pink” it delivers by applying less or more of the product.
- I can also adjust the shine it has by either blotting it out with a tissue to “mattify” it or packing it on for a creamier look.
- The packaging is pretty sturdy and the sticker on the bottom makes it easy to identify the color.
- It’s very creamy, I have applied it even without any lip balm or moisturizer on my lips and my lips did not feel dry at all.
- It smells of shea butter. It doesn’t say anywhere on the website or the packaging that it has shea butter, but it does have a hint of yummy shea butter goodness!
Why I Do Not Like Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – Stellar Pink:
- Its nice but it’s not my perfect shade of pink.
- I do need touch ups every couple of hours; applying a lip liner under it, helps it to stay on more.
- Shea butter is not a fragrance everyone likes. I do not like a strong dose of this, so sometimes I love it, but sometimes, I don’t feel like applying it. When my sinus flares up due to some other allergies, I skip this lipstick. I have a VERY sensitive nose with a gazillion allergies 😥
Would I Recommend Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – Stellar Pink?
I would recommend it to anyone on whom this color looks good and who likes shea butter’s fragrance. To the others, I say maybe you’ll find a better shade for yourself in this same collection. I do recommend this collection; it’s very creamy and keeps your lips moisturized, but personally I’m still looking for my perfect pink shade.
3.8/5; its good but not perfect.
I hope this helped! : )
Happy Makeuping! :mirror:
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Plaza Pink
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick Autumn Rush, Blushing Brunette
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Warm Me Up Swatches and Photos
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Pink Petal Review, Photos and Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick- My Mahogany
Maybelline Forever Metallics Metal Shine Lip Color Pencil
Oriflame Stay Glam Lip Colour
Revlon Renewist Lipcolor Lush Peony
Revlon Colorstay Overtime LipColor Photos, Swatches
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick – Provocative Pink
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lacoste Joy of Pink Eau de Toilette
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter