Mini skirts have been around since ages. This is one piece of clothing that has never really gone ‘out’ of fashion since it was popularized by British fashion designer Mary Quant in the 1960′s.
Like all the other garments this too needs some attention to work for you. If worn in a wrong way, this skirt can give people a wrong impression of your personality like nothing else.
Miniskirts come in various materials and designs. Denim is a common material that works when you are trying to look feminine but casual.
You can look cute and stylish in your mini skirt with few fashion styling tricks mentioned below.
• Choose the right skirt: The first and basic step for wearing a mini skirt is to analyze your body shape and then choose a skirt designed for your body type. The classic A-line and bias cuts flatter most women, whilst the tighter variety tends to work best on the long-legged, slim, younger wearer. Also, pay attention to the length to make sure you cover everything. Go for a little longer mini skirt if you are tall. A regular sized mini may look way too short on tall women so, keep in mind your height too when choosing a mini skirt.
• Pair them with tights: Consider pairing your skirt with tights, stockings or leggings for a more relaxed and comfortable day look. These accessories make a mini skirt more modest, sporty, and versatile. Dark or patterened knee-high socks can work if you are still quite young however, keep them away once you have crossed mid twenties. Gravitate towards subtle colours.
• Opt for heels: High heels not only make your legs look longer they make a miniskirt more flattering too. The only thing to remember before donning a pair of high heels is to tone down the rest of the outfit. For a more girlish look, wear flat shoes such as ballet flats or flip-flops. Wedge also work well with the mini skirts.
• Avoid tight fitting tops: Avoid tops that have too much work or detailing on them. T-shirts that fit well tend to work when you are aiming for a casual look. For more elegant wear, a blazer or jacket is a good option. However, for a more formal businesslike look pair your skirt with a long-sleeved blouse in silk or linen.
• Opt for minimal accessories: Choose one or two items to showcase in your outfit such as a sparkling pair of earrings or a pair of brightly beaded sandals and keep everything else basic and neutral. A matching purse or handbag will pull your look together.
Miniskirts are a fashion classic. Hope these tips will help you know how to wear them in style and avoid a fashion faux pas.
Choose what rules to follow or break according to your own comfort and taste.
How do you like to style your skirt?
How to Dress According to Body Type
Body Type: Different Body Shapes!
Coats: How to Select Perfect Coat for your Body Type
Jeans: How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
Sweater Dresses : How to Style a Sweater Dress
How To Dress for a First Date
How To Choose Jeans For Your Body Type
Outfit of the Day: Mini Skirt and Tropical Green Blouse
Skirts for Your Body Type