Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask Review
Hi lovely ladies,
Today, I am back again with a face mask from Montagne Jeunesse. I love indulging in face masks whenever I get free time, especially the “use and throw” ones. They usually have enough and more quantity for a single use and makes life easier while travelling. Masks are refreshing and soothing in these extreme summers, it helps in reviving dull and tired skin. So, read further to know more about the product.
Firstly, deep cleanse with this special mud mask. We have added Argan Oil to help balance oily areas and crushed Acai Berries – a powerful anti-oxidant that helps protect.
Secondly, balance your skin with this moisturiser of crushed Acai Berries & light reflecting particles to help control shine. KiOsmetine® & Argan Oil help restore skins balance
Skin type- Oily skin
My Take on Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask:
The mask comes in a cute sachet packing like every other variant of the product. It has two compartments – one contains a face mask and other a moisturizer. According to the instructions, we have to apply the mask for 10-15 minutes, rinse off and follow with the moisturizer. The mask has a light peachy colour and is like any other mud pack in nature. The texture is extremely soft and smooth and it had a semi-thick consistency. I couldn’t place the smell exactly, I am personally not aware of the scent of Acai berries, which is a key ingredient of this mask, but I felt it had a light rosy and minty scent to it. It is not overpowering or unpleasant, but not a favourite smell either. It was easy to spread the mask evenly on my face. I applied the mask on my cleansed face and decided to wait for 15 minutes. But after 5 minutes, my face became very tight and couldn’t even move a muscle. It was quite uncomfortable and I rinsed it off with warm water after 10 minutes. The washing off part was quite easy and not messy like other mud packs.
It was quite refreshing and my face felt clean and smooth, there was a slight reduction in my pore size and my skin felt firm and taut. I followed up with the moisturizer provided, it was thick white cream with almost the same scent as the mask. It spread evenly on face, it was extremely non-greasy and absorbed into the skin quite easily. My skin felt very moisturized and had a matte-like finish. I felt it gave a perfect base for applying makeup. There was no dryness or stretchiness, my face was completely relaxed. It gave me that finish for about 3 and half hours and then I noticed a slight shine on my nose area. That was too fast right, I expected it to keep my T-zone shine- free for an even longer period.
I did not find anything extraordinary about the mask. I have combination-dry skin and if it makes my T-zone shine after 3- 4 hours, then oily skin will definitely not have much benefit from using this. There were some advantages while using the mask, but it did not serve the main purpose which is shine control.
So, let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask:
- The mask is smooth and creamy, easy to spread evenly on the face.
- The mask helped in reducing the size of the pores to an extent and made the facial skin taut and firm.
- It gives a nice clean feel to the face without making it dry or stretchy.
- The moisturizer though thick and creamy in nature, was actually quite lightweight and absorbed into the skin easily.
- There was absolutely no greasy feel after applying the moisturizer, which I really liked.
- It acts as a perfect makeup base, so can be used for special occasions and functions.
- There is ample product to be used on both face and neck.
- It claims to contain Argan oil and Acai berries, both play a vital role in skin care.
- The sachet is quite handy and can be tossed in your bag easily.
Cons of Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask:
- Even though the pack had its benefits, it did not stand up to the real purpose of the product, which is shine control.
- This mask is specially designed for oily-skinned beauties, but if it could not keep my dry/combination shine-free for long, then definitely its not going to work for oily skin.
- The mask makes your skin too tight and stretchy just after 5 minutes of application which is quite uncomfortable.
- The smell though not very overwhelming was not very pleasant either.
3.5/5. I would not recommend this to oily skinned beauties for the purpose of shine control but it can be used for cleaning pores and for giving a smaller appearance to them. Even other skin types can use this for a clean, smooth finish before attending special functions.
Would I Repurchase Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask?
I might repurchase this for special occasions for giving my skin a little firmness and for lesser appearance of pores on my face.
Montagne Jeunesse Break Out Mask
Montagne Jeunesse Whitening Masque
Montagne Jeunesse Anti-Stress Sauna Masque – Red Hot Earth
Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Face Masque
Montagne Jeunesse Virgin Olive Ultra Deep Cleansing Mask
Montagne Jeunesse Sensuous Spice Self Warming Mask
Montagne Jeunesse Hot Miracle and Ultra Shine Serum
L’Oreal Go 360 Clean Anti-Breakout Facial Cleanser
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Lakme Clean Up Face Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin
VLCC Snigdha Skin Whitening Face Mask
Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
Boots Shine Control Day Moisturizer – Tea Tree and Witch Hazel
Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask
3 thoughts on “Montagne Jeunesse Shine Control Mask Review”
masks a must in summer so ye b chalega jotsna *clap*
Wooow you reminded me that i have to get some of these again *happy dance* *happy dance* totally want these back in my life *happydance* *happydance* nice reviewww… try the berry and chocolate ones..they are sooo good *happydance* *happydance*
Sad that it dose not work as well as it claims *nababana* I got all excited on seeing the shine control thingy *spank*