WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
Hi!! Everyone, I’m back with my first entry for this year/decade. Happy new year and happy new decade… year/decade is still fresh and new :yahoo:
Throughout my life I wanted soft, smooth, fair and pretty hands. Everyone thought and I agree that I have an old woman’s hand. One reason for wrinkled shriveled hands is dryness. So the whole talk about relieving dryness, on the pack, fascinated me hehehehhe… I have never had a manicure because I am scarred of ending up with some kind of allergy from the tools in the salon and too lazy to do it at home. So a good hand cream is a basic necessity for me. I thought of buying 2 hand creams.
1. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Anti- Ageing Hand Cream or Vaseline Intensive Care Renew Age Redefining Hand Lotion
2. Blossom Kochhar’s Aroma Magic Hand Cream (Hand Softener) or Fab India Lemon Intensive Hand Cream
Couldn’t find either of the hand creams that I was looking for. But the SAs as usual kept suggesting different hand creams. Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream (concentrated) caught my attention, and I bought it even though it was not on my list, because it was Neutrogena and it talked about relief for dry chapped hands; and relief from dryness is all that matters in winters.
What does the product claim?
Neutrogena Norwegian formula hand cream provides prompt relief for even seriously dry, chapped hands. It’s so concentrated that a small amount instantly leaves dry hands noticeably softer and smoother.
It started with Norwegian fisherman. Faced with some of the hardest, coldest weather on earth, they used a formula that delivers concentrated levels of glycerin to dry, chapped skin to provide immediate and lasting relief.
And it’s not just for your hands. Use it on your elbow, knees, face and lips anywhere your dry skin needs extra help.
That’s the quantity required for it to be effective. That’s a dab, sometimes I use two such dabs.
Note please ignore the wrinkled hand in the background. :((
Just a little goes a long way. This tube contains over 200 applications.
It has a customer service number as well: 1800 22 8111 :cell: :phone:
How much does it cost? Rs 240 for a gm tube 😐
:yes: Would be
- It instantly… I mean INSTANTLY gets absorbed, which was very important because it usually happens that my pen stops writing because of the oiliness spread all over the paper from my hand (due to the and cream). I definitely did not want that to happen during my exams.
- My shriveled and dry hands instantly feel soft and smooth.
- The smell mild and pleasant so would be gentle on those with a sensitive nose.
- It truly is concentrated thus little (a dab or 2) goes a long way. I have severely dry hands and even I use just a dab.
- It says that the bottle contains over 200 applications, so a 56gm bottle would last for about 2 months. I have been using it for a month, 2-3 time day and there is a lot more left in the tube.
- Regular application would, without doubt relieve you and your hands from the dry hand crises.
- Another thing that I would like to mention is that usually if you have a bruise cut or scratch, it starts burning if you apply a hand cream or any cream for that matter. But this cream did not irritate the skin at all
- Comes in a small tube, so it becomes easy to carry.
- It is hygienic because the cap is quite strong, you won’t end up with oodles of hand cream inside your bag.
- I tried it on my elbows and knees and ‘TA DA’ it worked. (won’t be experimenting on my lips or face)
- Dermatologist Tested.
- Delivers what it claims.
:no: Would be
- It has parabens. :pain:
- It doesn’t do what it doesn’t claim, (that’s a good thing and yet bad) so neither does it soften cuticles and harden nails either nor does it remove tan or lighten skin. But we all want all of these in a hand cream, don’t we?.
- Did not help in improving the elasticity (no effect on wrinkles)
- The common problem that we face with all tube bottles is that it might become difficult to squeeze out the product, so you would be facing the same problem when you reach the last few squeezes.
- Another problem that you face with squeeze bottles it that you actually end up wasting a lot of product. Ever tried cutting the bottle, I have and I have seen that there is so much product in the bottle that you can us it atleast 10 times.
- I doubt whether it would be a good hand cream in summers because its thick in consistency, and might melt in summers, like the petroleum jelly.
- It definitely costly, it costs more than my St Ives body moisturizer.
Final verdict– I love the cream and would keep using it till I find something better.
I am trying to find something that lightens, moisturizes, hardens nails, anti aging and that works all round the year. Am I asking for too much? 😉
Rating: :cat2: :cat2: :cat2: + 1/2
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Lotion SPF 30 Review
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture – Facial Moisturizer with UVA/UVB Sun protection
Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash & Mask Review
Neutrogena Light Night Cream Review
Neutrogena Oil – Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cleanser Review