Product Purchased By IMBB
Skin tone: Medium fair, warm undertones
Eye color: Black
I am currently trying my hands on colorful eyeshadow palettes. Sometime back, I was among those who prefer muted earthy toned eye shadows. But, I had recently grown new love for bright colored eye shadow. Today, I am reviewing NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette. Read on to know how it fared?
We named this collection the Ultimate Shadow Palette because that’s exactly what it is–a pro-level palette packed with 16 high-performance eyeshadows in a rainbow of tone-inspired shades. Available in four striking color combinations–Neutral-Cool, Neutral-Warm, Bright and Smokey/Highlight–each set features a vivid mix of velvety-rich textures and mesmerizing finishes that range from mattes and satins to shimmers and metallics.
Price and Quantity: 1725 INR for 13.28g
My Experience with NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette:
Let’s start the product review with the packaging of the product. The eye shadows come in a square plastic palette. The palette is glossy black in color. The cover of the palette is transparent from its center, that helps to see all the shades from outside. The transparent portion of the lid also bears the brand’s tagline in simple white fonts. This lid shuts tightly making an audible click sound and ensures that the lid will not open while carrying around. The back of the palette bears a label, that indicates the product name. Once, you will peel of this label from the bottom right corner, it reveals a label bearing the ingredients list.
The palette is not very big and can be easily accommodated anywhere in makeup pouch. There is no mirror and applicator attached with this palette. Though, the packaging looks nice but the plastic body of these palettes is little cheap and it gets scratchy very easily. The eye shadows in the palette are arranged in 4 rows. Each row bears four shades of eye shadows. Hence, the palette contains four beautiful eye shadows.
This range of eye shadow palette from NYX comes in four variants namely, the brights, cool neutrals, warm neutrals, smokey and highlight. I had picked up the variant Brights, as I am so much obsessed with such bright colored eye shadows. This range is probably the cheapest dupe of the Viseart Eye Shadow Palettes. This palette is a perfect dupe of Viseart Editorial Mattes Eyeshadow Palette. The brand has copied their packaging too. The Brights Ultimate Shadow palette has about the same range of mattes and shimmers. Out of these 16 shades, 7 shades are shimmery and rest of them is matte. But amongst those 7 shimmery shades, only three shades looks shimmery on the eyes. Rest of them look shimmery in the pan only and then looks matte on the eyes. This is nice! I prefer matte shadows, and if I ever want to add sparkle to my bright eye looks I can just top it with some glitter.
Now, let’s discuss each of these shades one by one.
1. The first shade in this palette is a shimmery shade. This is a pinkish red eye shadow, having finely milled golden colored shimmers in it. These shimmers are not much noticeable on the eyes and make this eye shadow look almost matte. The pigmentation of this shade is slightly low and requires multiple swipes to show the colors nicely.
2. The second shade in the palette is a bright fuchsia pink matte eye shadow. The hot pink eye shadow is perfectly matte and free from all the sheen or shimmers. The pigmentation of this variant is good.
3. The third shade in the first row is a kind of neonish orange eye shadow. It is again a matte eye shadow, that is totally devoid of all kind of shimmers. This shade has an average pigmentation. Though, the color needs multiple swipes but it gets build up nicely.
4. The last shade in the first row is orangish brown kind of shade having yellowish hue. This is also matte eye shadow. The pigmentation of this shade is good and builds up nicely on the eyes.
5. This shade is the first shade of second row. This is a bright shimmery violet eye shadow. It contains very finely milled purple colored microshimmers, that gives a nice satiny finish to this eye shadow. This shade is amazingly pigmented. Two swipes are good enough to intensify the color and define the eyes.
6. Next to the violet eye shadow comes a bright pinkish purple eye shadow. This variant has golden shimmers in it. But, these shimmers are not noticeable at all and give a perfect velvety matte finish to the eye shadow. It is amazing in terms of pigmentation.
7. This shade is matte petal pink shade. This pink eye shadow is beautiful and subtle for everyday use. It is perfectly matte and it does not have any sheen or shimmers in it.
8. The last eye shadow is the second row is lilac in color. It also sets to a satiny matte finish as there is no sheen or shimmers in the eye shadow. The color looks pretty on the eyes. But, being a lighter shade, the eye shadow is slightly difficult to build up and make it look noticeable on the eyes.
9. The ninth shade is present in the third row. This is a beautiful shimmery cobalt blue eye shadow, that looks 100 % matte on the eyes. It is beautiful shade to create blue smokey eyes.
10. This shade is the best and most favorite of mine. This one is very smooth and has excellent payoff. It blends very well with the other shades and looks so dreamy on the eyes. This one has a nice velvety matte finish.
11. Next to the blue is a teal green eye shadow. It is richly pigmented and it sets to a lovely glittery finish. The color pay off of this eye shadow is just wow. It gives rich and opaque color, in just one swipe. The eye shadow has fine silver shimmers in itn that gives it a nice shimmery finish.
12. This is last shade is the third row. It is matte sea green or pastel green eye shadow. Being a pastel shade, the color is slightly difficult to buildn as the color becomes dull upon blending. So, multiple swipes are required to make the color of this eye shadow look vibrant and bright.
13. This shade is an extremely pigmented matte grass green eye shadow. The pigmentation is good and therefore is easier to build up the color on the eyes.
14. The second shade in the last row is lime green eye shadow. It is a shimmery variant, having finely milled silver colored shimmers. The finish of this eye shadow is shimmery but it does not look chunky or gaudy. The color is easy to build on the eyes.
15. The second last shade of this palette is beautiful mustard yellow eye shadow. The finish is perfectly matte. The shade is free from shimmers and glitters. This one also wins in terms of pigmentation, as it is very easy to build up the color on the eyes.
16. Last but not the least. The last shade of the palette is bright lemon yellow eye shadow. This shade also bears silver shimmers and gives a glittery finish to the eyes. The formula is decently pigmented and it is quite easy to build up the color.
The texture of the eye shadow is lovely. It super soft and smooth. All the shades are soft and easily blend-able. It glides like a dream on the eyes, without causing any tugging or pulling of the delicate eye area. Though, these eye shadows are in powder form but the formula in non-chalky and there is no major fall out issues with this shade. They almost feel very silky while applying and blending.
Though, most of the shades are matte in nature but there are a few shimmery variants too. But, there is no serious fall out issues. The colors are super smooth and blends seamlessly. The pigmentation is also great. All the shades impart nice opaque color to the eyes. The colors are easily buildable with a few swipes. Only a few lighter shades require too many swipes, to make the color pop nicely. The eye shadow lasted on my eyes for a good 5-6 hours, without using a primer underneath. So, using a good eye primer underneath will definitely enhance the lasting power.
Overall, this is my current favorite eye shadow palette. This is a perfect option to create bold and dramatic eye looks for parties and weddings. If you also love to create dramatic eye looks, this is something that is a must have for you. Also, buying a palette is always a cheaper option than buying individual eye shadow shades. So, this one is a great deal in every aspect.
Pros of NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette:
• Nice packaging.
• Beautiful vibrant shades.
• Both shimmery and matte variants.
• Good pigmentation.
• Color is buildable.
• Smooth texture.
• Glides like a dream.
• Easy to blend.
• Blend seamlessly.
• Has satiny finish.
• No major fallout issues.
• Lasts pretty long.
• Easy to remove.
Cons of NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette:
• No applicator.
• No mirror.
• Palette gets scratchy.
• A few shades have comparatively lesser pigmentation.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5
Would I Recommend/Repurchase NYX Ultimate Brights Shadow Palette?
Yes, definitely! If you love such brighter eye shadows, then do try this out.
NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
NYX Eyeshadow Base in Pearl
NYX Single Eyeshadow Black
NYX Eye Shadow Single – Highlight
NYX Sensual Eyeshadow
NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Copper/ Rust/ Bronze
NYX Dramatic Chromatic Eyeshadow Pigment – Exquisite
Nyx Makeup Remover & Cleansing Oil in One