WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
We cannot stress enough about how delicate the area around our eyes is and how it needs extra care and pampering, especially the area under the eyes. Area under the eyes is the most sensitive and needs maximum care against external factors. A lot of factors can cause under-eye darkness, particularly sleep deprivation, extended screen time, hormonal changes, disturbed lifestyle, stress, lack of vitamins and nutrients can all cause under-eye dark circles. Eye area needs to be well hydrated and moisturized at all times to delay premature ageing and dark circles. Deficiency of vitamin K can cause dark circles and consuming vitamin K rich foods like green leafy vegetables, spinach, and broccoli can increase blood circulation and thus lighten up under-eye circles. Though you can apply a good under-eye concealer to hide dark circles, there are some really awesome ways to get rid of them completely. In this post, we are going to give you detailed remedies to get rid of dark circles under eyes. If you have dark circles, you should bookmark this post.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Eyes:
1. Dip green tea bags in warm water, let the bag remain in water for 10 minutes. Place these green tea bags on the eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Green has got a lot of antioxidants and this would help with puffy eyes and lighten up dark circles.
2. Mix a few drops of almond oil with a bit of honey. To this, puncture three vitamin E capsules (Evion). Mix well and apply on dark circles. Leave it overnight. Continue doing this for a few days and your dark circles will lighten up quickly. Both vitamin E and almond oil will work on clearing up darkness and honey will moisturize and hydrate the under-eye area.
3. Take one tsp of aloe vera gel and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once cool, apply this gel to the under eye area. We suggest Patanjali aloe vera gel.
4. Cut a cucumber into thin slices and apply these slices on your eyes and relax. The high vitamin C content can lighten dark circles with regular use.
5. Grate half a potato and extract the juice. Let the potato juice in the fridge for about 5 minutes to chill. Apply this chilled juice with cotton ball on your dark circles. Do this four times a week.
6. Make a juice out of half a tomato, chill it in the fridge for 5 minutes. Apply this tomato juice with a cotton ball on your dark circles. Do this four times a week.
7. Apply a few drops of rosehip oil on your dark circles. Rosehip oil is high in antioxidants, vitamin A, and vitamin C that lightens up darkness of the skin.
8. Make a pack by mixing milk and honey. Apply the pack under the eye area and leave it overnight. Do this thrice a week.
9. Apply fresh orange juice with a cotton ball on dark circles and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off and pat gently. Do this thrice a week for three months to see good results.
10. Apply cold curd/greek yogurt/plain yogurt on the dark circles. The lactic acid present in curd and yogurt can erase dark circles with regular use.
What Causes Dark Circles under your eyes?
These factors can cause dark circles:
- Lack of nutrients, vitamins.
- Lack of sleep.
- Extended screen time (long hours before laptop, computer, phone, television).
- Smoking and drinking.
- Prolonged illiness
- Sun exposure.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Rubbing eyes vigorously.
- Low iron content.
Diet to Get Rid of Dark Circles:
These diet tips will not zap your under eye circles overnight, nor by consuming only these foods you will do any good to your skin and health. These are just pointers that may remind you the things you lack in your diet. A balanced diet is what you need for a healthy body and skin.
- Avoid excess intake of salt: Intake of too much iodine may be linked to under eye problem for some people. Excess iodine can contribute to water retention which can further lead to under eye circles. Regular consumption of cucumbers, watermelons and celery prevents the water retention problem and hence is helpful in treating under-eye circles.
- Include fiber in your diet: Fiber in the form of cereal, grains, beans and lentils help to eliminate body toxins. Accumulation of toxins is one of the main causes of various skin problems.
- Increase your intake of iron-rich foods: Vegetarians can go for lots of spinach, prunes, lentils, seeds, oatmeal, and brown rice. While others can also include egg yolks, lean beef, and chicken in their diets.
- Water is your best friend: You must have heard or read it more than thousand times by now. Drink at least 8 glasses of water to hydrate and moisturize your skin. Water also helps to flush out toxins from our body.
- Eating foods rich in folic acid or taking a vitamin B and fish oil supplements is a good idea as well. If you find yourself unable to meet your daily nutritional requirements, invest in a good multivitamin and take it daily.
- Consume foods containing antioxidant pigments, like cranberries, bilberries, black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley to remove dark circles.
To keep under-eye dark circles away from you always remember to:
• Apply sunscreen before going out.
• Wear sunglasses to protect eyes from harmful UV rays.
• Creams that contain Vitamin C and E also help to reduce dark circles.
Which vitamin deficiency can cause dark circles under the eyes?
Vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin E deficiency can cause dark circles.
Best Eye Creams to Get Rid of Dark Circles:
1. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube Refreshing Anti-Fatigue Eye Stick:
This eye stick instantly revives and refreshes the eye area to fight signs of fatigue and dryness. This eye stick is enriched with wheatgerm oil which is big source of vitamin E.
2. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream:
This is a moisturizing eye cream which helps protect the delicate skin around the eye area, also reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles. This eye cream has the goodness of shea butter and rose hip oil.
3. Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream with Anise:
This luxurious eye cream is specially designed for the delicate eye area. It reduces dark circles, takes care of puffiness, firms and tones up the area around the eyes. It has almond oil, wheatgerm oil, aloe vera extract, cucumber extract, potato starch, papaya extract, anise extract, and vitamin E as key ingredients.
4. Kama Kumkumadi Miraculous Beauty Fluid:
This is an ayurvedic night serum with kumkumadi oil in it that clears away dark and pigmented skin.
5. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II:
Though this eye serum is a bit expensive, it’s totally worth the money. With regular use, it is proven to reduce all visible signs of eye ageing – fine lines, puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles.
6. Himalaya Youth Eternity Under Eye Cream:
This eye cream instantly hydrates skin, treats puffiness, and reduces dark circles. The under-eye area looks brighter with regular use of this under eye cream.
7. Kama Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream:
This night cream is a special blend of precious ingredients to help illuminate the skin colour and promote cell growth. This ayurvedic night cream has Saffron from Kashmir to brighten your skin, reduce dark circles and pigmentation. It also has vetiver and lotus to cool and cleanse while helping clear blemishes. There is also licorice extract for radiant skin.
8. L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Laser x3 Cream:
This eye cream reduces fine lines, plumps up the eye area, and also brightens up the eye area.
9. Innisfree Perfect 9 Repair Eye Cream:
Perfect 9 repair eye cream brightens and tightens delicate under-eye area. This concentrated eye cream has 9 active ingredients from the Jeju elixir complex, tightens and brightens sensitive skin around the eyes. Perfect repair for dryness, wrinkles, darkening, blemishes, enlarged pores, and reduced skin elasticity. It instantly brightens up under-eye area.
10. Depiwhite Eye Contour Gel:
This eye gel reduces dark circles around the eyes and also reduces puffiness under the eye area.
11. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream:
This eye cream has Retinol SA, Glucose Complex, and Hyaluronic Acid. It moisturizes and renews the look of skin throughout the day, reducing puffiness and dark circles.
12. La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Visible Dark Spot Reducer Cream:
This dark spot reducer serum reduces the appearance of dark spots and uneven skin tone. This cream is formulated with phe-resorcinol, ferulic acid and micro-exfoliating lipo-hydroxy acid.
13. Avene PhysioLift Eyes:
This is an eye cream with targeted effect that helps to fill wrinkles, firm and plump the skin and reduce the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. This eye cream is specifically for the delicate eye contour.
14. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream for Dark Circles:
This recovery cream leaves under-eye skin feeling replenished, diminishes the appearance of fine lines. It also reduces puffiness and dark under-eye circles. It improves microcirculation and reduces inflammation. It is formulated without parabens, fragrance, mineral oil or silicones.
15. RoC Pro-Sublime Anti-Wrinkle Eye Reviving Cream:
Though this is primarily an anti-wrinkle cream, the retinol and hyaluronic acid in this eye cream reduce the appearance of dark circles.
16. Aroma magic Under Eye Cream:
This eye cream has calcium and zinc present in goji berry fruit extracts that nourish and minimise wrinkles. The olive butter oil together with rice bran oil repair and lighten your skin with Vitamin C.
17. Biotique Bio Almond Soothing and Nourishing Eye Cream:
This eye cream lightens and brightens eye contours. Smoothes away dry lines, dark circles and puffiness. It has sandalwood and dandelion as key ingredients.
18. Garnier Anti Dark Circles Tinted Eye Roll On: This tinted roll on has dual anti-dark circles action. It covers dark circles with its tint. It is enriched with caffeine and pure lemon essence which help in brightening up dark circles and reducing them considerably.
19. Kaya Skin Clinic Lighten and Smooth Under Eye Gel:
Lighten and Smooth Under Eye Gel helps visibly reduce under eye dark circles by dissolving the blood pigments that cause darkening under the eye. It also promotes firmness and tone of the under-eye skin.
20. Kaya Brightening and Firming Intense Clarify HD Eye Serum:
Brightening and Firming Eye Serum contains Soy and Rice Peptides, Yeast protein, Hyalunoric acid and seaweed extract. This potent combination targets puffiness and discoloration and enhances firmness around the eyes. It gets absorbed quickly, brightens and lightens the eye area to a great extent. It also reduces puffiness around the eye area.
21. VLCC Skin Defence Almond Under Eye Cream:
This VLCC eye cream visibly reduces fine lines around the eyes and also reduces dark circles around the eyes.
22. Kama Ayurveda Sweet Almond Oil:
Rich in Vitamins A and E, this sweet almond oil nourishes and improves complexion reviving its natural glow. It is good for lightening up dark circles, spots and marks. This sweet almond oil reduces dark circles and lip pigmentation.
24. Forest Essentials Under Eye Serum with Red Banana Flower:
Forest Essentials Under Eye Serum has red Banana Flower is a highly potent eye treatment serum with rich coffee bean and red banana flower extracts and potato starch, reduces the appearance of tired and puffy bags, fine lines and under eye dark circles.
25. L’Oreal Paris Hydrafresh Anti-Ox Grape Seed Hydrating Mask-In Eye Gel:
This hydrating gel reduces the appearance of fine lines and dark circles.
26. L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Ferment Eye Essence:
It’s an instant fix for dry, puffy, and tired eyes. It smoothes out fine lines and brightens up the under-eye area.
27. Lotus Herbals Nutraeye Rejuvenating and Correcting Eye Gel:
With regular use, this eye gel reduces dark circles, lightens the under-eye area, and clears puffy eyes.
28. Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector:
Instantly brightens all skin tones. Ophthalmologist tested. It hydrates and brightens up eye area. Cooling tip instantly reduces puffy eyes.
29. Glenmark Wunder Under Eye Cream:
With regular use, this eye cream clears puffy and dull eyes. It also reduces the appearance of dark circles.
30. Colorbar Hydra White Intense Whitening Hydrating Under-Eye Serum:
This serum works on uneven skin tone, minimize dark spots, refines skin’s texture and provides generous moisture. The ball provides a soothing and a cooling effect for the under eye area. Brightens up the area instantly making it look fresher. Reduces dark circles by applying it twice a day. The darkness and dullness was reduced to a good extent.