So many things from oriflame have been hauled, flaunted and reviewed in the past few days in IMBB. So I thought I’ll add my bit too 🙂
I love the color blue so much that I was easily tempted into getting this giant blue bottle of Discover Scandinavia Fresh Seascape Shower Gel.
Here is what oriflame has got to say about Discover Scandinavia Fresh Seascape Shower Gel– Feel the love of Scandinavia with this refreshing blast of care. Get inspired with crisp cooling scent of Discover Scandinavia Shower Gel. Simply lather and rinse.
Price and quantity– 398 INR for 400 ml. On feb offer it is for 279 INR. I got it for a much lesser price but now I don’t know where I kept the invoice. 🙁
Ingredients list– Now this should remind (scared?) you of chemistry very much 🙂 Coctab, Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-3, Parfum, Benzophenone- 4, Sodium Citrate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane, 3-diol, Citric Acid, CI 42090.
An image of Scandinavia… if you are planning a holiday. 🙂
My take on Oriflame Discover Scandinavia Fresh Seascape Shower Gel– There are many shower gels available these days and oriflame has a huge collection too. So far I’ve tried only two shower gels- one from biotique and one from Fiama. Both were pretty decent and I liked the freshness that one gets while using them. 🙂 When I saw this bottle of blue I got it on sheer temptation. And I’ve to say I’m not very disappointed. 🙂
The gel is of a little runny consistency and is blue in color. It is seen clearly in the spoon pic 😛
How to use it – You can use it directly without a loofah. But you will end up using a little more than needed and then use a lot of water to wash it off :)). With a loofah you need really very little. The lather is pretty decent and after washing it off it gives a clean feel. Seeing the picture of ice cubes in the front of the bottle might give u an idea that it gives a very cooling effect. It does but not very much.
What I like about Oriflame Discover Scandinavia Fresh Seascape Shower Gel
• Oriflame products are not tested on animals.
• I’ve very sensitive skin and it hasn’t irritated or harmed me in any way.
• You need very little of the gel. The bottle will last for a long time.
• Can be used with a loofah for scrubbing.
• Decent price and Quantity – try to pick it up on an offer.
• Mild fragrance – its kind of minty.
• Tight cap.
• Blue color …. He he 🙂
What I don’t like about Oriflame Discover Scandinavia Fresh Seascape Shower Gel
• I have butter hands and I dropped them. Hence ended with a broken cap. Entirely my fault but wish they had it sturdy enough for bottle cap challenged people like me. 🙁
• List of ingredients 🙁 I was super scared when I saw that. I’m still not convinced about SLS in products but it has not harmed me in any way so far. And I am also glad that they have listed the entire product list unlike some other brands. At least u know hat u r using.
• The consistency is runny and if you are not careful you will end up using more.
• The fragrance doesn’t stay for a long time.
• The big bottle and cap (not so sturdy – to me 🙁 ) makes it not suitable for travel.
• You need an oriflame consultant to get it.
I would rate it 3.5 out of 5
Will I buy again? Yes…but after a long time. Because it has to get over first 😛 and then I would like to try some other shower gels too 🙂 ….. been seeing a lot of reviews of gels from TBS…. Any recommendations to try – Oriflame or otherwise?
Pears Shower Gel
The Body Shop Dewberry Bath and Shower Gel
Oriflame Exfoliating Shower Gel with Nourishing Olive & Bamboo
The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Shower Gel
Avon Red Rose & Peach Shower Gel
Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel
LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel and Temple Balm
H2O Plus Milk Shower Gel
Oriflame Visions V Stardust Body Gel