Oriflame Optimals Clarifying Scrub
Oriflame products are my personal favorites and among Oriflame products, I have a fascination for the white Optimals range. And since scrubbing is a regular part of my beauty regimen, what could be better than an Optimals Clarifying Scrub for my skin? It has been quite a few months since I started using the scrub. Today I am going to review this product which I like using very much!
Product Code- 18182
Price- Rs 298 for 75 ml (however, if you ask your Oriflame consultant and seek out the right opportunity, you should come across excellent offers on this scrub, just like other products from this brand. You can get it at cheaper prices if you can purchase it when the product is on discount. You need to follow the Oriflame catalogue for the purpose.)
Skin type meant to benefit from its use- All skin types
What does the website claim about this product?
It is a ‘scrub with large blue particles, perfect for effective, deep cleansing. It removes dead skin cells from skin without damaging protective skin layer. You’ll immediately notice your new radiant and revitalized complexion.’ It contains Calming Complex; for all skin types.
Ingredient List- Aqua, Stearic Acid, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Parfum, Oryza Sativa Cera, Polysorbate 20, Sambucus Nigra Extract, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, CI 42090
My experience with Optimals Clarifying Scrub
The scrub does not have a thick creamy base; this is particularly suitable for my skin as I have an oily skin type. Thus, the product does not make my face unnecessarily oily after scrubbing. The granules are blue in color and are quite effective in exfoliating the face gently. I am glad to find that the large particles cleanse the face and remove impurities from the face efficiently. The face has to be washed with plain water prior to application of the scrub; it should then be massaged gently on face in circular motions for about three minutes and finally, rinsed with water. It has a very mild fragrance.
What I like about Optimals Clarifying Scrub
• The ingredients like POLYETHYLENE, SAMBUCUS NIGRA EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 20 and PANTHENOL are deemed to be non-toxic and safe for skin.
• The scrub comes in a white tube which has small blue dots scattered all over it. The tube looks good and the cap is tight. In short, the packaging is fine and apt for travelling purposes.
• The scrub refrains from damaging the protective skin (as claimed by the website).
• Though the price is towards the higher side of the scale, it is possible to get the scrub at cheaper rates at the time of discounts. (It is in an offer price of Rs 269 in the Oriflame catalogue for August 1 to August 31, 2011)
• It is suitable for all skin types. Especially those with oily skin can give it a try since the base is not that of a thick cream.
• It effectively exfoliates the facial skin and makes the skin smoother. In fact, it also helps to do away with blackheads which are not so stubborn.
• The mild smell that the scrub has is pleasant.
• I have not experienced any sort of irritation after using this scrub. It suits my skin very well.
What I do not like about Optimals Clarifying Scrub
• Among the list of ingredients, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA is not a very strong against fungus and SODIUM HYDROXIDE could end up being a skin irritant.
• Contains parabens like METHYLPARABEN and PROPYLPARABEN (though I know parabens have an important role to play in preserving cosmetic products).
Should I repurchase or recommend it? Well, I have already stocked a tube of Optimals Clarifying Scrub. I am going to purchase it again in future! 🙂
Oriflame Optimals White Peel-Off Mask
Oriflame Optimals White Mattifying Lotion
Oriflame Optimals Gentle Peeling Cream
Oriflame Optimals White Foaming Cleanser
Amway Artistry Essential Polishing Scrub
5 Fabulous Scrubs for the Summers from Your Kitchen
Victoria’s Secret Romantic Wish Body Scrub
Bio Glow Scrub
Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub
The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Scrub