WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I ordered this product from the catalogue thinking it was a peel-off cream, but much later, I realized that it was gentle peeling cream, which means it acts as an exfoliator. Phew, and I thought I knew how to read and write English. Though it was picked up wrongly, I am very glad I did pick up this one. It gently exfoliates the skin to reveal smooth and skin free of debris. Here’s the review.
WHAT THE CATALOGUE SAYS:
Gentle exfoliating cream with algae-based micro-particles developed specially for dry and sensitive skin prone to irritation. Leaves skin perfectly cleansed, smooth and soft. Contains Calming Complex.
PRICE: 298 (I got it at a much lesser price from Pooja).
LIST OF INGREDIENTS:
SIGNIFICANCE OF CORN FLOWER IN COSMETICS:
Cornflower Extract – a plant extract used as an astrigent or skin conditioning.
MY TAKE ON PEELING CREAM WITH CALMING COMPLEX:
Though the cover clearly mentions this specifically meant to be for dry/sensitive skin, I pretended I had sensitive skin and bought the peel-off…err peeling cream. After discovering it was not a peel-off cream, I used it in place of my regular scrub. This 75 mL tube with a flip-flop cap is travel friendly and you can carry it without the fear of contents leaking out. It is a not-so-thick cream, which when rubbed on to wet face turns into gritty texture with numerous nano particles silently doing the exfoliating job. After a while, the cream disappears leaving some specks of particles here and there. After wiping off the face with cotton, I got a smooth skin texture and a much much brighter face. Frankly, I did not expect this much for the peeling cream since I am used to coarse scrubs and gentle scrubs have never worked on me.
The gritty particles in the cream are not visible to the naked eye and this peeling cream is apt for people with sensitive skin become it gently does exfoliate the skin (even problematic like mine) and does not cause any overt dryness.
I generally use this before applying face packs or on a weekly basis.
One important thing that oilies like me should keep in mind is that you need to use toner and reduce the pores after you have used this cream, coz all the pores are open, it will collect dust and you may end up with zits.
PROS OF ORIFLAME OPTIMALS GENTLE PEELING CREAM WITH CALMING COMPLEX WITH CORNFLOWER EXTRACT:
- Gently exfoliates the skin with minute particles to reveal smoother and brighter skin.
- Does not dry out the skin.
- Can be used in place of scrub, this one is milder than scrub.
- It contains mentha spicata and mentha spicata extracts, which I assume is “calming complex.”
- Price is apt for the quantity and quality.
CONS OF ORIFLAME OPTIMALS GENTLE PEELING CREAM WITH CALMING COMPLEX WITH CORNFLOWER EXTRACT:
- Oily skin people need to do proper toning before stepping out after exfoliating wit this.
WILL I PURCHASE IT AGAIN: Yes, but at the same price.
IMBB STAR RATING: :-* :-* :-* ….-2 due to the additional “toning” required by oily skinnies.
Have you used Oriflame Optimals Gentle Peeling Cream ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Oriflame Calming Face Cream with Blueberry & Lavender Extracts Review
- Oriflame Optimals White Peel-Off Mask Review
- Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask Review
- Oriflame Optimals White Foaming Cleanser Review
- Oriflame White Body Lotion Review
- Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Aloe Vera & Arnica Extract Soothing Face Cream