Pimple clearing creams, gels and correctors which did not work much for me!
Okay I am very keen on sharing this article with you. I will tell you why. The last three days I had a pimple that needed some attention and that’s when I remembered these pimple creams rotting in my cup board. All of them are on its last legs and none work for me. I had bought these hoping that when there is pimple emergency these will help alleviate the symptoms and kill bacteria before they spread. These are definitely not to be used all over ur face as some of them are strong and will cause peeling I feel. Just use them where a pimple may emerge. Apart from that all the tubes are mini(apart from himalaya). Some of them claim to work in three days by the time my pimple would have healed naturally. I only use these duds to stop any infection and I absolutely avoid touching the pimple till then. Read on to save ur money.
Clean and Clear active acne clearing gel:
- New upgraded herbal innovative formula
- Rs 99 for 10 gram
- What the pack says: enetrates into pores to help prevent acne and visibly reduce acne symptoms.
- Applications: Help prevent acne and control sebum.
- Usage: After cleansing face apply gel directly onto spots where u may feel one emerging. No need for further cleansing. Apply both morning and night
- Out of the four this is the only product that I thought worked for me.
- I like the brand.
- Transparent gel for spot application.
- Convenient tube to use directly on spots and not mess with ur fingers in the process introduce more bacteria.
- Reduces redness and swelling in three applications atleast.
- Don’t expect pimple to dry up before its usual term.
- Just expect bacteria to be killed which will reduce swelling.
- Use it topically on the pimple only as it may have strong alcohol content for killing pimple causing bacteria.
- I like the claim that it can be applied on spots where u may feel a pimple is emerging so that way we can take some preventive measures.
- Tube is small but obviously for spot application only.
- Smells like clean and clear face wash.
- Did not dry up my skin.
Himalaya Acne and Pimple cream
- Price Rs 45 for 20 gram
- Directions for use: Cleanse or wash face and apply the required quantity of cream over the entire affected area
What I have to say about this product:
- Again it did not reduce my pimple before three days.
- I applied it in the hope that it would dry up the spot.
- Its like a thick cream that dries up after some time on the skin.
- When you splash it with water, it becomes creamy again.
- It sticks on so well that it’s annoying to remove.
- I am still confused about its application but just use it over the affected area and sleep with it on (instead of rubbing it into the skin)
- Smells very strongly of cold cream.
- It stays on creamy in color even when it dries up.
- It absorbs oil from the affected area I feel there by helping prevent acne etc.
- It is ayurvedic so I don’t have to worry about the chemical content.
- Only good for stopping you mess with pimple otherwise I did not see any visible results.
Avon Clear Skin Invisible Blemish Corrector:
- Price Rs 135 for 7ml
- What the pack says: Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying medication. Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily. becuase excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily then gradually increase to twoorthree times daily. If bothersome peeling or dryness occurs reduce application to once a day or every other day.
What I have to say about the product:
- It is not at all invisible and dries up light blue in color.
- The instructions are scary.
- Did not do anything for my pimple and the spot healed in its normal three day term.
- Was just good enough as a concealer to hide the redness.
- The wand applicator like gloss is convenient to use although touching it on your pimple and then dipping it again into the bottle defeats the whole purpose. This will only spread the bacteria.
- The wand does not reach till the bottom of the bottle where the product is accumulated and thus I am now not able to use the remainder product.
- I just use it in the hope that it will reduce redness.
Clearasil Ultra Rapid Pimple Clearing Cream
- Price Rs 50 for 10 gram
- Visibly clearer skin in just three days.
- How and when to use? Wash face and apply a thin layer directly on to pimples, avoiding the hairline and eyebrows. Wash hands after use. Use everyday morning and evening for visibly clearer skin in just three days. Use Clearasil daily use skin clearing cream and gel face wash everyday for a complete pimple care regime
- Key ingredients: salicylic acid. Hydrogen peroxide emollients emulsifiers fragrance water
- It iss not rapid.
- Pimple will cure on its own in three days. I don’t need their claim of three days.
- I am confused whether to spot apply or rub it in.
- Its soft cream in texture.
- Did not cause peeling.
- Did not reduce redness.
- Did not dry up the spot much.
- I doubt whether it absorbed oil from skin surface.
- I feel its gentle than the rest of the gels.
All in all I just want to say that in times of pimple emergencies none helped me before three days. Just buy them if you want to avoid messing with pimple and cover it up until it lasts. It may cause peeling too. Buy it if you don’t want the infection to spread. Buy it if u want the cream to absorb oil from the surface. Don’t expect instant results. Leave the pimple, alone and save some money. It will cure on its own in three days before these creams get to work 😉