WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My Experience with Adult Acne – What Worked and What Sucked
Today, I am a year and 2 months into my pimple struggle and I would like to commemorate it by sharing with you the following:
• The products that I used and how my skin responded to them.
• The home remedies that I swear by.
• Other things that I believe have worked.
*Disclaimer: Last year was a stressful one for me. A lot of things that would have otherwise perhaps worked, didn’t work for me, I am willing to believe that. I was staying out of home to study and improper meal times, sleep times, and stress contributed heavily. I am in my mid-20s and have always had oily skin. I have never had pimples till last year. This is not so much about the products that didn’t work as for the ones that did. Hope this will help at least one for you out there.
My ‘I Hate You’ Products:
1. Virgin Coconut Oil: I have never had pimples as a teenager, so I believe what hit me last year was adult acne. It got triggered when I began using –don’t laugh- virgin coconut oil on my face. I read some great reviews online about how it has anti-ageing properties and is the best skin protectant and bam, I ordered it. Initially, I experienced break-outs which were attributed to “purification of the skin from inside.” However, that wasn’t, it was just my skin getting badly clogged. Later, I came to know that this oil is very comedogenic, a 4 on a scale of 5. I couldn’t believe it. I stopped using it immediately, but the acne would not go. I then ventured into acne remedies research in a big way.
2. Lotus Acne Gel:
I was very clear that I did not want to go on medication as I have an inherent distrust of the chemicals prescribed by dermatologists. So, I decided to go to the drugstore remedy route and bought this gel from Lotus; however, it did not work for me. What it would do is simply subside the emerging pimple and the bacteria would find an outlet elsewhere on the face, it sucked.
My “I am indifferent” Products:
1. Forest Essentials Kashmiri Saffron and Neem Cleanser:
This super expensive cleanser was a gentle one and I still use it off and on. I am not able to see stark results, but I do see that it doesn’t cause me to either break out and I like how my skin feels after using this. Basically, it doesn’t stop pimples, but treats skin decently.
Fabindia tea tree face wash, aloe vera gels, a neem facewash from a company I don’t even remember: In a sentence, I wasn’t satisfied. They weren’t bad, but they weren’t preventive.
3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil and Mask: You can find the reviews I wrote for these on IMBB. In a nutshell, worked well as spot treatment, but didn’t stopppp anything.
My “I Like You” products:
1. Forest Essentials Multani Mitti Ubtan:
This was one thing that kept me encouraged and my skin soothed through all of this nonsense. It discouraged break-outs and kept my skin looking and feeling clean. However, I couldn’t use it all the time since it is a mild scrub at the end of the day and needed a face wash.
2. Brihan’s Aloe Vera and Cucumber Gels: Soothes my red, itchy skin all summer.
3. Lacto Calamine: My HG summer moisturizer, worked great for irritated skin.
4. Vicco Turmeric Cream: Worked very nicely in improving overall quality of the skin.
5. Cetaphil Cleanser and Moisturizer: The first chemical-based products family that I am happy with. The cleanser is gentle and the moisturizer is amazingly moisturizing without causing me to break out.
My “I lovvvvve You” Products:
1. Besan and Turmeric Mixture: Beautiful, beautiful results. Gram flour mixed with milk and turmeric cleaned my skin amazingly and while I was using this, my skin became very clear. However, since I used it too regularly, my skin got too dry and eventually turned dry, lusterless and irritated. That’s my bad. This stuff works. Provided you use it once a day, not twice and definitely moisturize after this.
2. Oatmeal: The best moisturizing and exfoliating cleanser. Love it to bits!
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This really resurrected my faith in oils and really helped me a lot. There was a point when I wasn’t using anything else to moisturize and it never broke me out.
• Lets now have drumrolls for the winner please ” HONEY!!” I was lucky to get a pot of pure, raw honey and it has been a week since I have been using it. It is beautiful. I love it. It works, it is everything you want guys!!!!
Honey has multiple functions and it is:
o Anti bacterial/anti microbial, so it actually prevents acne.
o Removes scars.
o Gentle exfoliant.
o My skin looks so beautiful after I use this for 20 minutes.
o What else do I want? The moon?
Miscellaneous Information: Guys apart from this, I have also been drinking a lot of water and a neem tablet a day. I have healthy home-made food and don’t really eat outside much. I am off colas because they are generally unhealthy. I don’t have a sweet tooth. I try to keep my phone, pillow cover and towels clean and change them often, that’s about it. I know it has been a long post, but I really want to help each person out there who is facing this problem because I know now how much it sucks. I hope this will help you.
Review: Lotus Acne Gel with Tea Tree Oil and Lotus haul
Keracnyl Foaming Gel for Acne Prone Skin
VLCC Acne Control Clove Massage Gel
Rosacnil Gel for Acne and Skin Blemishes
Himalaya Clarina Anti-Acne Face Wash Gel
Gel Moisturisers for Oily Skin : Ask IMBB Gang
Vichy Normaderm Purifying cleansing gel
Pimple and Acne Creams that Didn’t Work
Acnemoist – Oil Free Moisturiser for Acne Prone Skin
Secret to My Pimple Free Skin
Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin
How I Got Rid of Acne
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
Neutrogena Oil – Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cleanser
Fashion and You Website
Makeup for Indian Bride| Indian Bridal Makeup
Indian Bridal and Wedding Wear
Indian Bridal Face Makeup : Ask IMBB
My Best Friend’s Indian Bridal Trousseau
Indian Bridal Jewelry Tips by Shaheen Abbas
Brides of Extreme Down South – South Indian Bride
Wedding Make-up Essentials: Make-up Kit For Brides
Indian Wedding Golden Blue Eye Makeup Look Tutorial
How To Get Pregnant
How to Get Pregnant- Youtube Videos
How to Get Pregnant With Twins
Pregnancy: Diet to Conceive a Baby Girl
20 Points for Planning Your Pregnancy
Pregnancy Diet for Conceiving a Baby Boy