There had been a lot of hullabaloo about Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick so I thought I might give it a try. Actually, no. When I visited the Revlon counter a month back there were two friends who purchased 7 shades each of Revlon lipstick so I was kind of tempted to buy at least one. 😛 I am so out of pinks in my collection so I picked up a colour called Premium Pink. It’s a hot pink colour.
The packaging, the size of the tube, and the gorgeous shades all attracted me. These are the most gorgeous shades I had ever seen in liquid lipsticks.
What does Revlon say about its Ultimate Liquid Lipstick:
- Food-proof lipcolor with a built-in, ultra-conditioning topcoat
- One-step application- No topcoat required for comfortable wear
- Stays comfortable and wears beautifully for up to 12 hours
- Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals
- Available in 20 full-coverage, soft satin shades
To Use: Apply a thin, even layer to clean, bare lips and wait until dry.
To Remove: Use any oil-based makeup remover or cleanser.
Price : Rs 700
My opinions about why should you buy Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
- A packaging to die for
- The gorgeous colours
- It lives up to its colour stay claim. Blimey! You can eat, drink, lick your lips, and sleep with this on. The colour wouldn’t go off until your remove it with an oil based cleanser. It just stays and stays and stays.
- It goes on light on your lips.
Why should you NOT buy Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick?
- As soon as you apply it, it dries and sets on your lips. And then it dries your lips. And then there are creases and the horribly visible lines on your lips. And then your lips scream, “pass us the goddamn lipbalm. ” Ouch! I am so disappointed with the way it dried my lips. I tried using lipbalm underneath the lipstick, on top of it. Used my Maybelline watershine lip gloss on it. Everything failed. My lips looked just crappy in every way with this on.
- It’s pricey.
Now that I am stuck with it, I keep trying different ways to make this lipstick work. Today I applied my Colorbar’s gloss in Just Berry on top of it and my lips were smooth out and out. I am so happy that something could make it work. I was so sad that my 700 bucks were going to go in a bin. Now I can enjoy my premium pink and make it work for me. Yay! 🙂
Would I repurchase it?
I am going to scream now, seriously. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
No ratings for it. Brrr…
Regarding Colorbar’s Juicy Lip gloss– It’s so far the best gloss I have tried in years. It’s non-sticky, goes on your lips like a dream, gives just the right shine and sheen, doesn’t have overly fruity flavour, is transparent, and does not dry your lips at all. It comes in 8 flavours. Also, it stays on your lips for decent number of hours. Costs Rs 199. Go pick one for yourself. 🙂
I want to give a shout out to Vinita. She is a new Indian makeup and beauty blogger among us. Now we have got more options to explore. Her blog is called The Sassy Minx. Good luck, Vinita. 🙂