ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Review
I have never used any lip plumping products in my life. Believe it or not I am amongst those rare women who actually don’t like the look of plumped lips. Yes, I don’t even like the way Angelina Jolie looks due to her lips. So you might be thinking why I even got this product? Well, it was a gift from a friend and I was so excited to get my first ELF product, I tried it without even having a look as to what it actually is or what’s the shade even. I wouldn’t have realized it’s a lip plumping product until I experienced some crazy tingling sensation on my lips after application and for the next 3-4 minutes all that came out of my mouth was “Ooo….Aahh…”
Price: – £1.50
Shade: – Plum Pout
What I like about ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Plum Pout
- Super cheap
- The tingling sensation is actually pretty refreshing. I seemed to like it after a while.
- Despite that sensation, my lips didn’t feel any serious itchiness or irritation. I am not sure if it would work the same way on sensitive lips.
- Pretty moisturizing but can get sticky after a while.
What I don’t like about ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Plum Pout
- First of all the most deceiving part is its shade. It’s called Plum Pout but there is no trace of it looking remotely close to plum either in the vial or on the lips.
- It is not very pigmented. The color looks so gorgeous in the vial and while swatching- light brown mixed with golden shimmer on one end of the gloss and a pearly glittery gloss on the other end. But what it looks like when applied? Exactly like a clear gloss.
Note to ELF: If I wanted a clear gloss I would definitely not buy a gloss named ‘Plum Pout’. Please name your products appropriately.
- Ok I mentioned how I don’t like plumping products but I guess it would feel worth it if it did plump my lips even slightly.
- The strong menthol/vicks vaporub like odor really puts me off.
- The quantity is pretty less. It will get over after applying everyday of just one week.
In short, I might as well buy a £10-£14 lipgloss which has 10 times the quantity than this and actually is a shade of Plum!!
This is how it looks on my lips. I applied the brown shade and then the pearly white over it; this is my natural lip color so it looks like I have just put a clear gloss on it.
Verdict: – Just buy this lip gloss if you never ever find a clear gloss in nearby stores (which is highly unlikely) and want your lips to smell like menthol.
Rating: – :-*
Have you tried ELF Plumping Lip Glaze? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
- VOV CANDY Water Shine Lip Gloss – Review and Swatches
- Estee Lauder Michael Kors Lip Gloss Review
- Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss Sheer (Black Cherry) Review
- Avon Goldshine Lipgloss in Ruby Luster Review
- ELF Cosmetics Hits and Misses – Part 1
- Elf Facial Shimmer Whip Review
30 thoughts on “ELF Plumping Lip Glaze Plum Pout Review, Swatch, Photos”
Nice review Insiya!! 😀 😀 😀 he he he..yeah..these products do smell like menthol..but strangely my oriflame maxigloss didn’t smell of menthol and it did give such beautiful pink color to my lips because of tingling, however the gloss is kinda nudish peach…
But the oriflame colorfull lipstick does smell of menthol…I am still wondering why they called this Elf product Plum pout, neither the swatch nor the color comes anywhere to plums!! 😐 😐 …And my neutrogena gloss also looks kinda clear gloss on my lips, despite giving a good pigmentation in the swatch!! :((..Donno how these glosses work!! :-/
never used a lip plumping product!!!any good pdt available in India just for trial? 😐
Try oriflame maxi gloss shyna!! :)) I reviewed it here only on IMBB!! 😀
After your review Cali… I bought Maxigloss. Loved it so much I ordered one more again as it was on discount in this month brochure. :-* :-*
So big thank U :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
This is sad….the color is not remotely plum.
But thank God for the price. You did not waste much. O:)
he he..You are most welcome Jinal!!! :-* :-* :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Good morning Scarlett :rose: :rose: :rose:
Good morning to others too….
today m feeling so much better :victory2:
I know right!!
I’m so happy didn’t waste much. Thank u 🙂
@Cali :thanks: :thanks: :-* :-*
I haven’t got a chance t try any oriflame products yet. I don’t think they sell here 😐
even I’m wondering why it’s called plum pout..soo annoyed I’m with this lipgloss :X
But till now i have not been able to find out a consultant at my place :weep: :weep:
ohh!! :(( I think then you can try Borjouis one too…Aarthi reviewed it her!
Shyna, you can also contact Pooja here no? Like Jomol did? Better than looking for consultant nearby…
Goood Morning Scarlett!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 :coffee:
Hey Insiya I sincerely loved it on your lips 😉 😉
Thank You Shalini 😀 😀 :-*
:-* :-* :-* :-* Gabbar :yahoo:
looks pretty on ur lips…