You all know the shades I pick – corals, pinks, fuchsia and bold reds. But, this time I planned to pick some light shades along with the bold ones, just to see how they looked on me. I really like corals, but have always been into brighter and fresher ones. This time, I picked up a light one from the Revlon “Ultimate Suede” range. Let’s see how this worked for me.
One-step, ultra-comfortable wear with all-day colour.
– Dries to a beautiful suede finish.
– Instantly moisturizing using a combination of Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe.
– Applies evenly for full, creamy colour coverage. Lips feel smooth, conditioned and comfortable.
– Does not feather of bleed.
– 92% of women said feels lightweight, 95% said lips feel smooth, 95% said lips felt comfortable, 95% said colour doesn’t feather or bleed.
My Experience with Revlon Iconic Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
Revlon Colorstay range is one of the best ranges to try out for makeup junkies. I had heard a lot of people rave about this range, hence I thought of adding some shades to the vanity. I picked a lot of warm colours for lipsticks from his range, but picked up this light one too as I wanted to build up the nude lip colours collection! Initially, looking at the packaging and bullets, the shades seemed pretty close to each other but when I actually used them, I got to know the real colours.
The lipstick comes in regular circular packaging which is very travel friendly and easy to arrange in the vanity. The packaging resembles the shade which makes it very easy to spot your favourite one. The bullet looks a little glossy, but the formula turns completely matte in a while. The shade “Iconic” is a rusty orange colour, more like a deep burnt orange when I initially apply it. But it soon settles down to a rusty rose colour and loses the orange freshness. It has some hints of copper and bronze in it too. I first thought that it would be a great shade to pair up with Indian dresses, but I totally changed my decision when it became matte. The reason being that it settled badly into the fine lines. Also, it has some cheap gold shimmers that are very much visible on the lips and make it look super frosty and cheap.
It looks like a local lipstick, low quality and tacky shade. It makes my lips very dry from the beginning and the moment I purse my lips, the shade clings to certain portions making the lipstick very uneven. The good part is that the lipstick glides very smoothly on the lips, but application has to be carefully done as the lipstick is soft enough to chip. It also did not transfer on glasses because it stayed on my lips giving it an uneven look and texture. Also, it highlights the chapped portions on the lips adding to the cheapness.
The lipstick stayed on my lips as it is for more than 4 hours, but it does not survive full meals or snacks like its fellow variants. It has to be removed with a very powerful makeup remover or oil based cleanser because a gentle one won’t work great to remove this. I personally did not like this shade or the formula in this, but I love the bolder and brighter shades from this range.
Pros of Revlon Iconic Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• A wide range of shades, good enough to confuse you because all are just gorgeous
• Very handy and the packaging matches the shade, hence it becomes easy to differentiate
• The formula is very light and glides easily on the lips
• The pigmentation is really good and bold and just one swipe gives me complete colour on my lips
• The shade is not versatile and will suit only fair skin tone
• It does not transfer
• It stayed on my lips for more than 4 hours
Cons of Revlon Iconic Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• Dries up the lips and looks awful
• Highlights chapped portions on my lips
• The bullet has to be handled with care because it chips a lot
• It settles into fine lines
• The moment I purse my lips, it creates an uneven look and the colour clings to certain portions on my lips
• It has kind of a frosty finish and the shimmers are very much visible on the skin making it look cheap
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Revlon Iconic Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick?
No, I wouldn’t! Because it is really not worth the money and better peach and coral shades are available by many brands. But, I would definitely give thumbs up to the bolder shades in the range.
This range has been a mixed bag for me; the bold shades worked very well, but the lighter shades are awful!
Revlon Backstage Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Revlon Supermodel Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Couture
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Finale
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Designer
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede – Catwalk Review
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Front Row Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Cruise Collection
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Muse Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede-Womenswear 010 Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite is A Long – Wearing Lipstick
Makeup Revolution Redemption Iconic 1 Eye Shadow Palette
Ten Must Try Iconic Beauty Products!
12 Iconic Movie Looks Of All Times
Gucci Iconic Black Power Liquid Eyeliner Pen